What's your Opinions on MP ?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree again with the idea of removing pre-made kits for MP modes/making them a server-side option (apart from RvsA) as customizing my loadout was one of my most enjoyed parts in GRAW1. One way to hopefully prevent nade spamming would be to lower the amount of maximum available weight. Also, you could give people that are carrying less weight a slightly faster move speed or some other small perk.

Edited by BMage

GRIN did really good with the kits. They balance out the pro's and cons for you when taking certain kits.

1)I'd like to see 2 hand frags for assault class, but not frags for everyone like some suggest.

2)The M99 needs to come up slower into scope. I've had my hands on all sorts of real 50 cal sniper rifles and they don't come up as quick as they are heavier. Also, the rets need to close slower. Especially since the weapon is a one shot kill anywhere you hit the enemy. Foot or hand it will kill in one shot. Additionally, no ghillie suits. The Ghosts aren't the kind of unit that would employ a dedicated sniper.

3)No sensors. This isn't RvS and in [GR] the ladders that allowed sensors had 1/20th the activity that the no sensor ladders did. Sensors are for n00bs. ;)

Edited by ruggbutt

3)No sensors. This isn't RvS and in [GR] the ladders that allowed sensors had 1/20th the activity that the no sensor ladders did. Sensors are for n00bs. ;)

Sensors are available for a style of game play that meets the intent of the story line (Advanced warfighter)

So rather than rail against a feature, hows about we just vote for server side options. Let the server owners/admins choose with an "on/off switch" in their server setup software.

I m starting to sound like a broken record. I know ...

Server side options ..... Server side options ..... Server side options ..... Server side options ..... Server side options ..... Server side options ..... Server side options ..... Server side options ..... Server side options .....

Edited by Sleepdoc

really enjoying the game so far, but many complaints I'm hearing are the ones about taking WAY too many hits to drop someone. That and the recoil. And the fact that when you hit someone nobody drops or limps, ect. To me, (and this is only my opinion) this is a little excessive. Lessen the recoil, or decrease the ammount of shots it takes to kill someone.

It needs getting used to, too bad x-fire didn't take up graw2 immediately, I'd have 150 hours on the clock already :D .

I would like a better indication that you hit someone, a small puff of blood would be great, but that discussion won't bring satisfaction because UBI has to think about ratings and other company strategies. (That would be an advantage if GRIN would start to develope for themselves, they only have to argue with the rating board, and I'll aply for a job there so I can sneak them thrugh...lol) :rofl:

i take it your on about rvsa game mode then if you loose the ability for the ghosts to do that then you may as well scrap the game mode.

but as someone has said thats what the game is all about advanced warfighter. or simply just dont play rvsa.

as re the ghillie suits are you really goona gain that much advantage in this kind of terrain and with everyone having different gfx settings then you wont get full advantage of it.

from reading a majortiy of the threads on this forum so far i reckon the next patch will need to be about 20 gig to keep everyone happy :thumbsup:

you best start uploading no grin :hmm:

After playing more I think I have changed my mind about the kits. With the kits the noob tubing and nade spam is at a minimum in GRAW2. To me the winners in MP are the ones who use the best tactics for the situation and not necessarily who has the best weapons. I too would like more weapon customization but I would rather have the system now than the nade and GL spam from before.

After playing more I think I have changed my mind about the kits. With the kits the noob tubing and nade spam is at a minimum in GRAW2. To me the winners in MP are the ones who use the best tactics for the situation and not necessarily who has the best weapons. I too would like more weapon customization but I would rather have the system now than the nade and GL spam from before.

:thumbsup: Good boy!

GRIN did really good with the kits. They balance out the pro's and cons for you when taking certain kits.

1)I'd like to see 2 hand frags for assault class, but not frags for everyone like some suggest.

2)The M99 needs to come up slower into scope. I've had my hands on all sorts of real 50 cal sniper rifles and they don't come up as quick as they are heavier. Also, the rets need to close slower. Especially since the weapon is a one shot kill anywhere you hit the enemy. Foot or hand it will kill in one shot. Additionally, no ghillie suits. The Ghosts aren't the kind of unit that would employ a dedicated sniper.

One extra hand nade would be fine until you get a server with 20 + players. That = 40 - 64 nades :( instead of 20-32 possible. For matching it would be nice but for public i think it may be to much.

I agree no ghille except maybe for co-op play but not in MP. Your camo works good enough and in maps like the cut, the bushes completely hide you without the extra camo.

Sensors were fun for campers... but lead to camping. A claymore though could be fun as long as it was balanced by a crappy kit.

M99 i agree is to fast. It needs to be set to the speed of the other rifle, (i'm at work so i can't remember what it is) as i see people using it as a shotgun pretty easily now when there g18 should be used and is sufficient. On a good note though the reload takes the right amount of time if they miss.

Doesn't the M99's scope come up the same as GRAW1? If so it should stay that way. I would like to see the .50 cal bullet regain its effectiveness. There shouldn't be many objects on any of these maps that a bullet like that can't go through. Namely a telephone pole.

Two frags would be nice. Gl'ers have 2...just as a compliment.

I also happen to like the kit setups....Otherwise everyone takes silencer, scope & gl's .....its nice now...see everyone using kit variety.

What do I win? ;)

What do I win? ;)

From the looks of the words he chose to express your correctness, I'm guessing its some sort of ALPO doggy treat or chewy toy .... :rofl:

Edited by Sleepdoc

The decition was made to remove the full minimap in HUD as feedback from this forum said it was useless. ;)

I think the lesson for all developers is clear here.

Supporting a community is a trick that requires you not eliminate features that some already use. The trick is to add new features that others want. and if they conflict, make them server side options. Don;t eliminate things that are enjoyed by some as you move a project forward....

Im sure the "feedback" was only from certain people. not all people. The key here is to leave things you already have, but add more so that the entire group can be pleased.

In some cases, this is asking way too much of resources. I get that. In the case of the mini-map, I would respectfully suggest that someone overthought the "feedback". They did not see hte rather obvious win-win solution we are describing here. They saw the win-lose approach and implemented it.

Another example of taking away something that should have been left, and possibly just adding something else is the "define squads and spawn on leader' in [GR] coop. why eliminate this? becuase you got some feedback from some people? It should have been left functioning and left to be triggered as a state by the server. Server side options are magical. not complete elimination of something already working just so you can try something else....

thanks for listening GriN. I know oyu guys have a lot to do and think about for every game. most iof your decisions moving to GRAW2 seem excellent. But please consider this p[hilospohy as you mak3e your patch additions. After all, you already have a portion of the code for some of these things from GRAW1. So teh additions, follwoing this concept, may be resource possible...

Nice and right whatever anyone else says this post is spot on.

Okay here's my main concerns for Campaign COOP online. My friend was the TL and I was one of the squad members and my main complaint is I can't bring up the tactical map. Even if I can't give orders, I'd still like to bring it up because I wanna see what's going on around me and I know the missions better than he does. I like being able to observe the enemy movement so I can get an idea of what the plan's gonna be.

Second complaint is when the drone or the other squad members spot an enemy, I can't see his red diamond. I can only see the red diamonds of the guys I spot. And my friend would set waypoints but you can't zoom in in the OVERVIEW mode. Not the tactical map. I know you can zoom in and out of the tactical map with Q and E. Already had enough people confusing the tactical map with the overview mode when I was trying to describe this in the SP demo. So yeah I'd like to see the red diamonds that the drone and my teammates spot even though I'm not the TL. Maybe fix that in a patch or something.

Another thing that my friend brought up is when I was killed in Mission 01 of campaign coop, is the debris was floating in the air. I think these things could probably be fixed in a later patch. Probably not the next patch since these don't seem to be serious issues like bugs and what-not. Other than those few things, I like the game. Love the ACUs and the new weapons. I would like to see tall grass and other environments like woods but that would have to be saved for an expansion pack. I do think tall grass could be implemented in a patch. I might be wrong but I would love to see that. I think we'd have to leave that to modders and other people who make maps.

And my friend would set waypoints but you can't zoom in in the OVERVIEW mode. Not the tactical map. I know you can zoom in and out of the tactical map with Q and E. Already had enough people confusing the tactical map with the overview mode when I was trying to describe this in the SP demo.

It's overview, you're not supposed to be able to zoom in. It's just there to give you an idea of the layout for the entire mission. TacMap is where you act.

I agree, kits are lame. You should be able to choose whatever wepons you want that the game has as long as it's under the weight limit like GR1. Loving the msg-90.

Anyways, I'm a noob at GR2 MP so could someone tell me why I can't get a sniper rifle? :hmm: There's no sniper kits in TDM for me, yet other players have barrets or m-14's with a scope. Do I have to log in a lot of hours or kills or something first?

Anyways, I'm a noob at GR2 MP so could someone tell me why I can't get a sniper rifle? :hmm: There's no sniper kits in TDM for me, yet other players have barrets or m-14's with a scope. Do I have to log in a lot of hours or kills or something first?

Scroll the classes with the arrow on the right side. You are running at a low resolution so all 5 classes aren't visible to you on one screen.