Magpul Masada

Snowfella, are you thinking about adding in some new sight for the Masada ?

Maybe THIS ONE could be a good suggestion... :shifty:

Also because i'd like to see it on the M249. I've seen many soldiers in action with this sight on their MGs and i was a little disappointed when it wasn't present in GRAW2.:huh:

What's the point ? It's basically the M4 with an AG36/XM320 GL attachment... I would like the scope, but the ACOG in Brettzies mod is good enough for me.

The Aimpoint/EOTech on the 'M249' would be better for balance I think.

Looking good SnowFella, looking forward to this !

Edited by Ballistic

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm quite jealous...

I started work on a Masada model months ago... and never finished completely. Had an idea for an [GR] mod.

Anyway, Snow, your models are rockin. Very very nice work. I'll have to wait until February to have a rig strong enough to run GRAW/GRAW2, but I will definitely have this gun in my arsenal (and at home too :devil: Just waiting on Magpul to get it's act together).

Nice work Snow... :thumbsup:

@Whisper: We'll have to see what road I'll go down here mate. I'll have to do some ingame testing of my old [GR] models to find out exactly how tricky it will be to get the sight picture to line up properly with each model.

caprera: Currently the only new sight that I'm thinking of trying to add in is the Trijicon Reflex, but if that pans out easily there's nothing stopping me from adding other sights.....and the Elcan is one of those sights that I already have a model made of ;)

@GrimeyAK: It is a real AK mag mate :P Probably not the most common variant though as this is a Bulgarian 30 round waffle mag. I originally had an old style AK steelmag on the model but figured with the lower being polymer a polymer mag would match better, I could bring that back in minutes though if it doesn't end up looking right.

Just wish I could bring in a real AK47, I already have 2 models made that all I'd have to do is export them, but they are contract pieces and I can't really toss them into a mod without permission.....something I doubt I'd get. So to get an AK in I'd have to remodel it from scratch..not likely to happen.

Alright, here's the standard 360 spin of the 7.62x39 Masada.

Masada 7.62x39 carbine, 2.5mb mov file

I still have some really naggin normal map problem with the reciever, can be seen as a darker shadow running accross it. Might just have to redo the highpoly bake again to see if it will fix it. :wall:

I would like the scope, but the ACOG in Brettzies mod is good enough for me.

Infact i was talking about the optic, because is the most common to be seen on M249 instead of Aimpoint/EOTech...<_< And what you mean by "balance" ???

@caprera: Currently the only new sight that I'm thinking of trying to add in is the Trijicon Reflex, but if that pans out easily there's nothing stopping me from adding other sights.....and the Elcan is one of those sights that I already have a model made of ;)

Happy to hear it ! :thumbsup:

@Snow: Yeah I knew it was a real AK mag, I just meant the steel magazine :P . Anyway, it would be sweet if you could release those AK models because I've been an AK fiend since Counter-Strike back in the day. I get what you mean when you can't release for contractual reasons, because I remember Guy Cramer came around here back in GRAW1 with lots of models skinned with his camo. I asked if he could release one of them, but he couldn't for the same reasons...

Can (or is the right word "may") you post some pictures of the models?

@Whisper: We'll have to see what road I'll go down here mate. I'll have to do some ingame testing of my old [GR] models to find out exactly how tricky it will be to get the sight picture to line up properly with each model.

Understood mate.. you know where to find me :cheers:

Oh well, this will be the last time I'll render these without a proper colour map...more or less just a quick test on my part to see how well the normals hold up at extreme resolution. There are problems here and there but it will have to do for now.

masada-realhigh-thmb.jpg

(Click for 2500x1875 render)

masada-realhigh2-thmb.jpg

(Click for 2500x1875 render)

Hopefully I'll get some time in the coming days to start working on the colours.

@GrimeyAK: Guess there be no harm in asking...but I'm not sure I'll get permission to show em, to date only one has been seen yet and at a very low resolution. I don't have the finished colour maps at my disposal either, as I shipped them without any wear&tear added.

I would like the scope, but the ACOG in Brettzies mod is good enough for me.

Infact i was talking about the optic, because is the most common to be seen on M249 instead of Aimpoint/EOTech...<_< And what you mean by "balance" ???

No worries then :), not that I wouldn't mind an Elcan sight!

By balance, I mean having a high powered optic on a light machine gun somewhat over powers that weapon in a gameplay sense for multiplayer alone, but for SP bring it on!

But apart from that, I'd love to see an Elcan/ACOG etc, etc, on all the LMG's.

I've acctually looked at that one in the past and have some pretty good reference of it laying about...but once again, it's all a matter of aiming animation and sight hight here gents. If it's higher than one of the original sights then you will have to make a specer of some sort = no big deal at all. But if it's lower then the original sight then you pretty much are up the proverbial creek without a paddle <_<

Did someone say Elcan?The Specter would be sweet as hell to play around with.

WP33 always surprise his folks! w00t If it's the new Elcan model i think it's more appropriate then...

If it's higher than one of the original sights then you will have to make a specer of some sort = no big deal at all. But if it's lower then the original sight then you pretty much are up the proverbial creek without a paddle <_<

Maybe use ACOG measures ?

@Ballistic:

Understood what you mean, but remember an MG high recoil problem even with a sight. :thumbsup:

Edited by caprera

Did someone say Elcan?The Specter would be sweet as hell to play around with.

WP33 always surprise his folks! w00t If it's the new Elcan model i think it's more appropriate then...

It's a new Elcan model- the M145 is still in use. It combines 1 and 4 power, using a crosshair for more precision work in the 4x mode and an illuminated dot for CQB work at 1x. It also has a BUIS built into the top of the optic, if the thing fails or if you need to make a snapshot at closer range without changing the zoom. Pretty sweet piece of kit and I'd think about getting one for my AR if the damned things didn't cost an arm and a leg. :lol: I'll just stick with my Aimpoint for the time being... ^_^

I've always wanted to ask someone from australia, is the military their really kick ass>? my dad told me that australia has got a serious military

Well ofcourse. With our legions of drop bears and cyborg kangaroos we are quite unstoppable. :ph34r:

:hehe:

We have a smaller military, but extremely well trained and equipped. I hope to join the ranks later this year.

I'm to old to join now, although I think they have changed the maximum allowed age lately. Besides I don't think I'd want to once again be back at a private level as my overseas rank most likely wouldn't be recognized here, hell it's been 10 years since I was in too so I've forgotten more than what I'd really would like to think of <_<

Alright, got the first texturepass in last night...mainly just blocking out some of the main colours for now, with any luck I'll be able to get into some slight lighting aswell as wear and tear during today.

masada10-thmb.jpg

Also gone and done some slight changes to the standard lower-reciever but that can't be seen in that screenshot as I'm still using the old model and it still just is a quick and dirty oversave of the SCAR-L model.

MMM can't wait to put hands on it!

Will you use black for texture color, or something like vanilla SCAR ??

I am a particular fan of the dark earth version (of anything, really :rocky: ), but if I may suggest, perhaps an ACU-textured variant, Snow? I know you're not a real fan of doing textures, but that would be pretty bitchin. :D