M4A1 v1.1 update w/new sound

Brettzies

mod_db_image_02.jpg

Don't have time to write much, have to catch a plane.

v1.1 Additions

This is just a small update that adds custom sounds to the M4A1 as opposed to using the ScarL sounds as default. I found some great M4A1 firing and suppressed sounds done by Jeff Moore aka xLongWayHome. He was courteous enough to let me add them to this weapon mod. The sounds he made are excellent in my opinion. Gives the M4 a very angry and loud firing noise. Very satisfying. The suppressed sound is equally nice with a good metallic clink quickly after firing. Thanks to GrimlockCW for suggesting new sounds in the first place, it really makes a difference. I hope you all enjoy it, and thanks again to Jeff Moore for creating such excellent sounds and letting me use them in this mod.

Brettzies M4 mod v1.1 graw

Hope it works alright and you guys like it. I won't be around for the next few days if there are any issues, my apologies if there are. Special thanks to Jeff Moore aka xLongWayHome for letting me use his excellent M4 sounds. Link may not be active for a few hours still.

Thank you for the upgrade - good flight!

At Nutlink: thank you too for Filefront.

Edit: The new sound is brilliant! I hope (and wish) there coming

more upgrades for your m4 mod.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Keen

Great mod update. I always love a beefy, realistic firing sound. Now all the other guns sound inferior. Anyways, i was wondering if you could somehow get an Eotech on your m4? That would be great and would be the only thing I would use. Thanks.

awesome mod

awesome sound

my only beef, which you know about already was the aimpoint. at random times I would miss on a center-mass shot.

very random.

other than awesome mod, awesome skill.

is there a way I can copy your sound file and add to Snow's M4? i'll ask Snow for permission also.

just for comparison.

thanks again sir

There is a minor glitch with this. When chosing normal (non optical) sights the rounds hit several feet above where they should. (At least using silencer which I was when I noticed this error. I cannot recall if that can make a difference.) I think I can remember how to correct this in the XML, its been months since I played with it, but it would require a lot of trial and error. Could you have a look at your code please to see if there are any obvious errors. many thanx

Edited by peterm1

peterm1, it is already a known bug. It really doesn't have anything to do with the .xmls, but actually with the animations. The aiming system is tied in with the animation, so the only way to fix this without adding a new animation (something Brettzies is trying from what I understand) is to add a "spacer." A spacer is basically an extra inch raise on the base of the scope or the iron sights. I think I'm explaining this right....anywho, we might actually see a custom animation for this particular gun if everything works out ok for Brettzies. That would eliminate the need for a spacer and pave the way for more awkward weapons.

As you know I already stated I love this mod elswhwere but ILL link it here too, we played a couple hours today, the guys love it, congrats on a great piece of work.

Now the punch line :D

Sniper kit silenced :D:D:yes::whistle: any chance, I know its a lot of work but I figure you are on a roll any way. :thumbsup:

Edited by Colin

Problem today, took out folder to join server as files are not the same.

So I removed the english folder and put on my desktop.

I start game and go into missions and get this error.

Tue Apr 03 21:05:30 2007

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.35

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): Inventory: could not spawn weaponbp_m4v2

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(0)

This will happen only in mission mode.

I assume that the save file for this mission has loged the m4 as part of the save so if that is not active it will not load that save.???

I loaded the previous game save when the mod was not on system and its fine.

It would also be nice (along with the addition of the Eotech) to add some custom paintjobs for your m4. You could have desert, multicam, ACU, etc. Give it some spice and some individuality. I'm not demanding any of this, just suggestions.

data\lib\units\extensions\inventory.dsf(-1): Inventory: could not spawn weaponbp_m4v2

SCRIPT STACK

I assume that the save file for this mission has loged the m4 as part of the save so if that is not active it will not load that save.???

I've heard of a simliar problem but I don't know the solution. Sorry this happened to you. Only thing I can think of is to find a "complete missions" mod...I assume it unlocks them all. Is that what you are after? Or, are you trying to load a previously saved game? I should put that in the known issues, but I don't think there is a solution other then starting the mission over.

SCRIPT STACK

I've heard of a simliar problem but I don't know the solution. Sorry this happened to you. Only thing I can think of is to find a "complete missions" mod...I assume it unlocks them all. Is that what you are after? Or, are you trying to load a previously saved game? I should put that in the known issues, but I don't think there is a solution other then starting the mission over.

No its cool really.

The saved m4 game will auto corrupt if the weapoin is missing from the inventory on mission. it makes sence that it will not load, but if you were to use the mode for all the missions and then decided to remove the mode it would be a problem.

I think the read me just needs to state this. The mod is too good for this to really get in the way.

No its cool really.

The saved m4 game will auto corrupt if the weapoin is missing from the inventory on mission. it makes sence that it will not load, but if you were to use the mode for all the missions and then decided to remove the mode it would be a problem.

I think the read me just needs to state this. The mod is too good for this to really get in the way.

I'm glad you like it despite the limitations and problems it may cause. I will put a note in the readme next time I point upgrade it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay, let me ask this then, is this mod worth a reinstall?

You dont have reinstal unless you have already, I would say yes because the mod and some of the new maps that are around are really good.

the sound of the M4, suppressed m4, M203 is worth it. :thumbsup: loving that "pink!" sound of the suppress M4 :thumbsup:

hey, brettzie, I was wondering if you could maybe make a different variant of your M4. It would be like the SCAR-H in which it is calibered for .308 rounds. Here is a link of what it looks like:

http://www.pof-usa.com/images/P-308-11-QR-SF-308.JPG

im sure it would be easy, but I might be wrong. All you would need to do is make the magwell and shell ejection port a little bit larger then throw in the SCAR-H magazine. It would be a great addition since I love anything that shoots 7.62 and looks as sexy as an M4.

P.S. still waiting on the EOTech. ;)

Hi Brettzies,

Really nice MOD 1.2 , you did an amazing good job !

I have a question : how can we open the *.bank files ?

I'm trying to add some new Videos ans sounds that's why !

Thanks

Thanks. I don't think you can open the .bank files. They are kind of like diesel files but for sound. To add sounds, you have to add entries.

Also, the m203 sound is the default scar gL sound. So I think Grin gets credit for that one : )