Hi from Rabbi

ZJJ

For those of you that don't know, Rabbi is currently in the middle east and will be there for a long time. He already misses GR.net as he is unable to access the Internet except for emails. >_<

After leaving two weeks ago, he is finally settled in location and is suffering with 70 degree temps during the day. :rolleyes:

He is living in a tent, but doesn't complain too much as it has a wood floor and walls between his tentmates.

He aske me to remind the GRIN folks how much he appreciates their work now that he is separated from it, at least in terms of MP. He says this about GRIN, "I DO adore the GRIN guys for putting up with us and smiling about it. They're good dudes." :thumbsup:

Oh, Wille, he wants pictures of Pesto so that he can post them up on his walls. I'm starting to wonder about this fascination of his and your cat. :blink:

Where in the Middle East is he? I worked in Saudi Arabia 2 years ago and it's a very unpleasent place where to live in. But I heard very good things of other middle east countries...

My regards to him as well. ZJJ, write him one more e-mail :)

He is along the eastern coast of Afghanistan. He says he has the view of Pakistan in three directions.

He says he is close to the shower, his work and the restroom. Sounds like he has it made! :D

I'll keep you all updated with what I can post. Anytime you want a message sent, don't hesitate to speak up.

He is along the eastern coast of Afghanistan. He says he has the view of Pakistan in three directions.

He says he is close to the shower, his work and the restroom. Sounds like he has it made! :D

I'll keep you all updated with what I can post. Anytime you want a message sent, don't hesitate to speak up.

Actually, Afghanistan is not in the 'Middle East'. At least not usually described as such. Rather it is in Central/South Asia. But, no matter. Do convey my regards to him. Looking forward to his safe return.

Eh :huh: Afganistan has no coast ZJJ, it's a land locked country bordered by Pakistan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Yeah, I meant border, but leave it to Snow to point out my error. Not to mention the error I made about it being in the "middle east." I guess my American ignorance of the world is showing... as one of my Brit friends would say. :blush:

Yeah, I meant border, but leave it to Snow to point out my error. Not to mention the error I made about it being in the "middle east." I guess my American ignorance of the world is showing... as one of my Brit friends would say. :blush:

At least with maps, we know the world is flat right?

Ugh, I hate that people around the world see us that way, but unfortunately our public school system stinks. Private schools are without question superior, but that would be a topic for another thread. <_<

Ugh, I hate that people around the world see us that way, but unfortunately our public school system stinks. Private schools are without question superior, but that would be a topic for another thread. <_<

Yes it would be. :) As would be the fact that the USA is 10x the size of most other countries, and there's more than enough history in our own vast nation to fill a child's mind for hours each day, much less learn about other nations. :) Here's to Rabbi staying safe!

Yes it would be. :) As would be the fact that the USA is 10x the size of most other countries, and there's more than enough history in our own vast nation to fill a child's mind for hours each day, much less learn about other nations. :) Here's to Rabbi staying safe!

:oops::offtopic:

Problem there is that us poor sods from the rest of the world (atleast I had to in school) has to learn our own geography and history aswell as just about the rest of the worlds history and geography, I remember spending a few weeks learning US geography and history for example :P And even though sweden is a small country our history dates back just that little bit longer than recorded history of the USA, for example Sweden's first urban settlement was somewhere back in the 8th century.

Oh well...enough OT, back on topic. Here's another toast to Rabbi's wellbeing and to him staying safe! :drunk:

Rabbi, stay safe. We'll all be here when you get back.

OT: It's not our Public Schools that are the problem, it's the bureaucracy that surrounds them, the lack of funding, low teachers salaries, and the NCLB Act. Okay, nuff said. ;)