IGN GRAW 2 Info

Due out in March, the game is being developed by GRIN in Sweden and, like the original GRAW on PC, offers a more tactical gaming experience compared to the console game.

Likewise, the multiplayer game has been dramatically improved, supporting up to 32 players and offering more games modes, including deathmatch, co-op and the all-new 'Recon versus Assault' mode, which pits a team of Ghosts against a gang of heavily-armed Mexican terrorists.

GRAW 2 supports 32 players online. Wasn't that a big question that has been raised???

Linky

EDIT: New to me anyways. I hope this isn't all old information.

Edited by EasyCo

The support list/roster shown in pic #1 is different (more features), and it would appear as though Ramirez has been re-incarnated.

Is that a "technical" in the upper left of pic #2?

Looking at pic #4 raises the question; Who built the wall, Mexico or the U.S.? Whee!

What ladder? All I see is what looks similar to a ladder somewhat laying down that you just use like stairs. Or am I just blind?

I didn't see a ladder, it just made me realize how nice it would be to be able to climb ladders for multi-level maps :)

The M-8 is back....

...too bad, I was hoping that would die off with GR:AW.

I'm glad it's back, not only because I like the M8, but because it's one more weapon to add to the roster (besides, since the animations, model, and texture are already done, it makes sense that it would stay).

The support list/roster shown in pic #1 is different (more features), and it would appear as though Ramirez has been re-incarnated.

Looking at pic #4 raises the question; Who built the wall, Mexico or the U.S.? Whee!

Not sure if I saw this for one of the PC tidbits, but I thought that we'll be able to select which operatives to bring along in missions now? I'm hoping to see some like Ramiraz, Burke, and a few others.

The game will look much better in GRAW2 I thought it looked good first time round. :thumbsup:

Coop modes I wonder :ph34r:

After reading a few bits now it does seem to me that the holes left in GRAW 1 are being filled by Grin.

It will be nice when we see some direct questions being asked and getting answers to said questions live.

An expansion have the same graphics, same gameplay, some new weapons, new campaign, some new sound for the new weapons and enviroments, slightly improved AI.

While a new game have new/or greatly updated graphics, better sound and new sound, vastly improved AI, new enviroments, new weapons, new gameplay design and new campaign. Pretty much everything is new or vastly updated.

Edited by Hockeystick

Sequel - $50

Expansion - $20

New Game - $50

/smartass mode

I've never really thought about that before. I suppose a sequel is something that feels like the original, but has a different look. An expansion just adds content, and a whole new game allows changes to anything. I guess that's how I personally view it.

Just curious. Exactly where does the line between a sequel, a expansion pack, and a whole new game go?

Hockeystick and Nutlink answered Your question already :) Just to sum it up

Extension Pack:

- Same engine, same basic graphics , same animations, same basic sounds.

- New campaigh ( a bit smaller) , few new weapons, new MP maps and modes, new sounds of added stuff, some new features and bugfixes.

- 20-25 $

Sequel:

- Same general feel of the game, same basic idea.

- New or greatly updated engine, new animations, new graphics, new sounds, new campaingn, new weapons&equipment new MP maps and modes, lots of new features.

- ~50 $.

Now please tell us Bumbi what are we gona receive in march ? sequel or extension pack ? ;)

Edited by Joseph_Q

Seems like the HUD has been reworked.
Pure speculation, but it looks like:

1. Heath meter has been improved

2. Teammate disposition display has been improved

3. Threat indicator/compass has been improved

4. Mitchell is calling in arty...don't recall reading about that before....

And here's some REALLY wild speculation:

In the lower left-hand corner of the HUD, it says "CAPT MITCHELL". Well, it's supposed to be a "hero" game, right? You always play as Captain Mitchell, so why would you need that additional information? Unless:

1. They have soul switching

2. It's related to changes in the cross-com.

Edited by Cangaroo[TNT]

Just curious. Exactly where does the line between a sequel, a expansion pack, and a whole new game go?

In addition to what is already mentioned, this is the key feature(s) of each:

Sequel

A followup to a game (and basically always successful ones), does not require the original install of the game.

Examples: Battlefield 2, Half-Life 2

Expansion pack (or add-on)

Goes on top of your original install (i.e., requires the original game), all original maps etc can still be played after the install.

Examples: Desert Siege (Ghost Recon), Opposing Force (Half-Life)

New game

New concepts, new gameplay etc

Examples: Ghost Recon, Crysis

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter was advertised as a sequel to Ghost Recon, but started to cross the line to a whole new game as a lot of the Ghost Recon 'feel' and key features were omitted. It is a difficult one and I see it as a "cross-over". It should maybe have been more fair to the GR fans if it had been promoted as a new game , simply "Advanced Warfighter"?

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 is promoted as a sequel to GRAW, but should maybe (we will see) have been promoted and designed as an expansion, so the GRAW community (still fragile and in an early phase) could grow and not be diveded into GRAW and GRAW 2 players?

As Colin says, "as long as it is better". It is no biggie to me either, but I'll find it sad if we can not play the original GRAW maps in GRAW 2...(the advantage of it being an expansion). However, strategical planning and marketing is important, and personally I think this is not the best strengths of Ubisoft...

Id call it a sequal from what ive heard in the interviews and the trailers (fore the console version though) Dynamic smoke, cover system, greatly improved AI and grafics, new gameplay modes like ghost vs grunts (similar to Splinter cell i guess) The hud is different the interaction with your teammates are different, you got new toys like the mule and a sniperrifle who can go through more than just 1 layer of car metal plates ( :wall: walls ect).

In other words i cant wait fore GRAW 2 to be released :rocky:

What ladder? All I see is what looks similar to a ladder somewhat laying down that you just use like stairs. Or am I just blind?

I didn't see a ladder, it just made me realize how nice it would be to be able to climb ladders for multi-level maps :)

The M-8 is back....

...too bad, I was hoping that would die off with GR:AW.

I'm glad it's back, not only because I like the M8, but because it's one more weapon to add to the roster (besides, since the animations, model, and texture are already done, it makes sense that it would stay).

Not sure if I saw this for one of the PC tidbits, but I thought that we'll be able to select which operatives to bring along in missions now? I'm hoping to see some like Ramiraz, Burke, and a few others.

I'm sorry, it makes NO SENSE. This rifle was ditched. I know you know it, and everybody else knows it, perhaps except for GRIN who continue to include a rifle that will NOT see service in the US Army.

GET RID OF IT AND INCLUDE WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR SINCE GRAW.... M16/M4 !!!!! pwease???

Edited by Ballistic

what if it got scrapped ? then half the community would complain they lost their favorite weapons ....

you don't have to use it ... and it is an option, just set server settings to restrict light assault weapons :P

about the m4, if it isn't in graw2 you could always see if snowfella's mod can be addepted ....(if he gives permission... if it is needed)

After GRAW i was pretty sure im not buying another GRAW ( Ghost Recon Arcade Wile) one week ago i thought .... crap maybe they will fix all this arcade crap in next game.... now after Bumbi question and silence after my answer im back to my statement " Im not buying another Advanced Warfighter (please dont profane it calling it Ghost Recon ) crap.

PS. I still cant sell my GRAW copy :) I bought it for 50$ now when i put it on allegro ( polish ebay) for 15$ i dont get even one bet :)