i enjoy it so much but something is missing

graw was my eye opener towards TvT really great thanks :D

but i miss one thing. maybe it is inherent to TvT or just GRAW

but there is too much violence, to many people shooting each other

:flowers::hippi:

can there be a recon TvT mode ??

modded or patched ??

maybe i am far off , wondering, or is it wandering ? in dutch delight

but how about a game mode for graw or maybe graw 2 which has a tvt recon ?

picture this:

team A not to confuse with the A team, starts with a map showing an extraction

they have no respawn and have to get there silent and swiftly :ph34r:

team B starts with a map that shows only the spawn of team A and have to search and destroy

before one or more players from team A get to the extraction, they (B) can respawn

the team that gets the most to the extraction point wins.

the extraction point is random but evenly spaced from spawn point A

this could be a game mode that fills a Recon void.

i just ask if it can be done, and if it can be done, can you (grin folk) point us in the right direction ?

as for regular forum readers, please comment if this is a good idea, or just a fantasy that would become a nade fest ?

thanks for reading my maybe strange suggestion. :blink:

' date='Dec 5 2006, 10:53 PM' post='438459']

Can be done, and has been done. It's called Splinter Cell LOL. Though I suggest Chaos Theory, as Double Agent is tooooooo buggy (and people thought GRAW had a small online community).

Just kidding sui, I'm just using your post to take a cheap shot at Ubi!

we could say that Team A is Team Ubi trying to get out of Team B's line of fire,

team B being us

then we could feel what it is like to get FIRED !

Neat idea, one issue possibly? If the recon zone is equa-distance between A and B, there have been times where, even though the server is set to wait until everyone is ready, where I have been almost across a map once everyone has spawned in. Would the be safe if they got to the extraction point or still open to be fired upon?

What about this... take the same sort of situation.. but instead Team A has to get a zone "near" Team B Spawn and

Team B has to get to a zone "near" Team A Zone.

As long as you have a person in the zone you need to take then you get points. The more people you have in the zone you need to take the more quickly you get points.

This makes it a .. do I stay and protect or is my team in jeapordy and i need to help get points...

Any takers.. let's build it...

Neat idea, one issue possibly? If the recon zone is equa-distance between A and B, there have been times where, even though the server is set to wait until everyone is ready, where I have been almost across a map once everyone has spawned in. Would the be safe if they got to the extraction point or still open to be fired upon?

What about this... take the same sort of situation.. but instead Team A has to get a zone "near" Team B Spawn and

Team B has to get to a zone "near" Team A Zone.

As long as you have a person in the zone you need to take then you get points. The more people you have in the zone you need to take the more quickly you get points.

This makes it a .. do I stay and protect or is my team in jeapordy and i need to help get points...

Any takers.. let's build it...

the spawn issue might be resolved when team A is smaller, no larger than half team B

this makes the stealth more important too and coordination

think of a map you (A) start in bottom left corner. team B starts just above center on the

diagonal of your corner, and the extraction points can be any other corner or in the space behind spawn B

this leaves room to walk and spawn in time without the now so much occuring sprints to opposite spawn

that, with the smaller team A makes that you have less waiting or sprinting time

for all i care, you could show the extraction only after 30 sec in game when every one is present

so no one can run and gun to spawn or exit

(those thirty sec delays might be used for the cpu to chose/create a random extraction on the map)

so there is no telling where to go any time you play....... stop this madness.....where is the absinth.....

though your option is nice, but i think it would end in short and or nade fested games

Or it should be no respawn ... then i can see the fun in it as you then are more carefull with your live

at this moment i only see avenue's and strong point as good maps for my / these idea because you have multiple ways and layers to move on, lots of open spaces and dark corners to hide in and they are big and (semi) open

maps are in these situations very important but i guess i don't have to tell any one here :P

GRIN should provide a "nature map pack" (official or from the community) that includes maps in open areas, with trees, nature etc... : the game will be automatically less violent and a recon-like gameplay will emerge.

Tanatos clan has excellent maps with lot of trees and bushes. I sometimes have the GR1 feeling in their maps. w00t Alternance of urban maps (official maps / BDA maps) and nature maps is the solution.

You can play BDA maps on BDA server, and Tanatos maps on Tanatos and Germany Ghosts servers.

idea's from the shower....

(i am losing my mind here so please don't take offence)

maybe it is do able in a domination kind of way

or can it simply be scripted from SP/[GR] COOP

and put in to the TvT

please grin or very experianced modder, (wolfsong comes to mind in a wolf's song from the heavens)

can it be done??

show us the way, so we can copy and paste it, learn from your invinate wisdom

okay i am losing it for real ....

• 2 weeks later...

Sui317

Your concept is an interesting one and has me thinking of playing around with the idea. I can see no real barriers to making it in a domination style, but that will require some more investigation and testing on my part.

An option that I have more confidence in (since I have been working in [GR] Coop mostly) is a scienario where in one version, you and your team must stop everyone of 12 AI from getting to a location. In the alternate version, the AI starts from a central area and spreads out to stop you getting to the location. This I know I can make! :thumbsup:

As soon as I finish and release the project I am working on, I will have a look at the two options outlined and we shall see! :Pw00t:hmm:

I'll be in touch and we can refine the ideas.

i can think of more things to do with the game

coop missions with pistols only untill you get to the resupply point

unknown mission objectives untill in game then supply accordingly ?

get your team to extraction even if you have to carry them ?

i had a list somewhere,