Weapons

ZJJ

Weapons in GRAW 2  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that is needed it the ability to kill a guy without emptying

50% of a whole clip from a SCAR and for him to turn around

and take you out with one shot !!!

Realism ?? Define realism, GRIN realism or real life ?

The problem with GRAW1 is all this talk about how good body armour is

in the year 2013 but we know body armour or not, 90% of bullets kill

so 1/2 clip will kill 100% (on target), but in GRAW1 you can survive.... realism, NOT

I would like to see a selection of weapons, I would like to see realism as defined

by life and not by GRIN's interpretation of it. This game was the spiritual successor of

[GR] but is anything but...... and that is where the problem lies with it.

We want weapons, we want realism, we want no lag...but we get GRAW1

I use to play [GR] on a 56k modem (5.6kbytes) and it had none of the laggy

net coding we see in GRAW1, to get realism this is a primary concern.

The weapons in GRAW1 are probably fine (and a few more would be nice too)

but the performance of the weapon as defined in the coding of GRAW1 has

issues and this may or may not be due to laggy net code over the internet

but with the average user on 1mBit down/ 256Kbit up you would think this would

not be the case......

I hope it is sorted by GRAW2 and realism will follow.... :spam::o=

viii

my 2 cents

I hope it is sorted by GRAW2 and realism will follow.... :spam::o=

viii

So do I, or some propaganda posters might be put into circulation as happened upon release of GRAW. I wouldn't know anything about that though.... :whistle:

i want my P90 !!!!

sorry had to say it again

Well, I want my electro-magnetic railgun & particle beam weapon.

Sorry, had to say it again.

Edited by WytchDokta

From what I gather, the AK is only used by special ops guys when they expect minimal resistance but want to dispatch that resistance without alerting other nearby units. The very distinctive sound of the AK means that if the enemy is using them, they won't be able to tell that the firefight they're listening to isn't just a bunch of their own guys firing into the air after a rough night out.

Within the confines of GRAW, it would be neat to have them, but short of that depth of enemy AI "reasoning" (not to mention it doesn't seem to be what the enemy is using anyway) it would be pointless. It's too inaccurate a weapon for most purposes and it's one strong point, virtual indestructibility, means nadda in a game where there are no gun-jams, etc... i.e., any effort put into modelling it would be wasted since I doubt anyone would use it beyond the first couple of evaluation runs.

Erh?

SR25, M249 SPW & M240 are not Colt weapons.

Also M249 is in GRAW already, and it's basically the same weapon.

Yeah.

I know.

I was referring specifically to the Colt weapons on that list missing from most recent Ubi games. My understanding was it was a disagreement over copyright or something like that :/

GRAW had the Mk48? Different caliber and such?

Im thrilled to hear that You hate my choose :) But i believe that it would be more interesting if You tell us which weapons You choosed.

PS. GRAW is not only SP campaign you know... there is also MP .... so there is a place for weapons from outside of US SF and mexican army arsenal.

I know I haven't posted in these forums in quite a while, but ever since I heard there will be a GR:AW 2, I thought of trying my best to make the game better from release time.

When it comes to weapons, I'd like to see the realism that GRiN put in the first game. I thought the weapon realism was actually some of the best that I've seen in any game, to be honest (as well as RO:Ost). I'd like to see that retained, but to add some new weapons (including variations on old ones) would be nice.

Assault Rifles:

FN SCAR-L CQC, Standard, Sniper Variant (SV)

FN SCAR-H CQC, Standard, Sniper Variant (SV)

H&K 416 (5.56x45mm NATO) & 417 (7.62x51mm NATO)

CRYE MR-C (6.8mm Caseless) - Maybe

(No M-8, please)

Squad Automatic Weapons:

Mk. 48 Mod 0

Mk. 46 Mod 0

Designated Marksman / Sniper:

Mk. 11 Mod 0 (SR-25)

Mk. 14 Mod 0 (M-14)

M-24 SWS

M-95

Shotgun:

M1014 (Benelli M4)

Sub-Machine Guns:

H&K MP5A6

H&K MP5SD6

H&K MP7 - Maybe

Sidearms:

Mk. 24 Mod 0 (Sig Sauer P226 "Tactical" 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W)

H&K USP 45 Tactical (H&K's rehaul of the Mk. 23)

1911 Variant - Kimber

(No M9, please)

It's not so much that I hate your choices (hate is a pretty strong word), but I just don't think that a couple of them belong is all. But, I do like my choices better and they are (hopefully) closer to what the game will contain. I just wish the Beretta RX4 isn't the only new weapon in the game though. Your suggestions aren't so bad for multiplayer, but we haven't had that weapon variety apart from single player in AW.

I don't have the time to check up on alternative names right now so don't know what exactly the Mk48 is, stick to production names and you'll get answers quicker. :rolleyes:

Er... you were just telling me what a Mk48 was :|

M249/Mk46 = Minimi 5.56

Mk48 = Minimi 7.62

http://www.fnherstal.com/html/MINIMI762.htm

Apparently the Mk48 has only just started being fielded so I guess it is probably more appropriate for a future armoury. A 5.56 version would be more appropriate for a modern day armoury.

I don't have the time to check up on alternative names right now so don't know what exactly the Mk48 is, stick to production names and you'll get answers quicker. :rolleyes:

Er... you were just telling me what a Mk48 was :|

M249/Mk46 = Minimi 5.56

Mk48 = Minimi 7.62

http://www.fnherstal.com/html/MINIMI762.htm

Apparently the Mk48 has only just started being fielded so I guess it is probably more appropriate for a future armoury. A 5.56 version would be more appropriate for a modern day armoury.

It was to early in the morning and I was heading to work in 2 minutes. :rolleyes:

I never told you what a Mk48 was. There is only a M249 in GRAW. And I wrote that as an answer to the M249SPW, which was the weapon you listed in the first post.

I could be being monumentally thick here and I don't fancy reinstalling to check but I am fairly certain the weapon in GRAW is referred to everywhere as a Mk48.

You could say it had a Minimi but M249 seems to refer only to the 5.56 weapon which is what I was asking for... since I was basically listing the "America's Army" armoury + this or that because I perhaps incorrectly assuming that is realistical.

It's not like a vast difference and probably not worth 3 replies argument but anyways...

I know development isn't finished, but it's a "real" gun (anyone knows about a "real" CRYE ?).

http://www.cryeassociates.com/12.htm

http://www.cryeassociates.com/work.html

It has yet to be produced – even in prototype form – and the weapon was never entered into the OICW or follow-up rifle competition recently held by the US military.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRYE_MR-C

Edited by spm1138

I know I haven't posted in these forums in quite a while, but ever since I heard there will be a GR:AW 2, I thought of trying my best to make the game better from release time.

When it comes to weapons, I'd like to see the realism that GRiN put in the first game. I thought the weapon realism was actually some of the best that I've seen in any game, to be honest (as well as RO:Ost). I'd like to see that retained, but to add some new weapons (including variations on old ones) would be nice.

Assault Rifles:

FN SCAR-H CQC, Standartd, Sniper Variant (SV)

CRYE MR-C (6.8mm Caseless)

(No M-8, please)

Squad Automatic Weapons:

Mk. 48 Mod 0

Mk. 46 Mod 0

Mk. 11 Mod 0 (SR-25)

Mk. 14 Mod 0 (M-14)

M-24 SWS

M-95

Shotgun:

M1014 (Benelli M4)

Sub-Machine Guns:

H&K MP5A6

H&K MP5SD6

H&K MP7

Sidearms:

1911 Variant

(No M9, please)

Just add a few of the weapons used by today's forces such as the M16/M4 and your list is perfect.

Assault Rifles:

FN SCAR-H CQC, Standartd, Sniper Variant (SV)

CRYE MR-C (6.8mm Caseless)

(No M-8, please)

Squad Automatic Weapons:

Mk. 48 Mod 0

Mk. 46 Mod 0

Mk. 11 Mod 0 (SR-25)

Mk. 14 Mod 0 (M-14)

M-24 SWS

M-95

Shotgun:

M1014 (Benelli M4)

Sub-Machine Guns:

H&K MP5A6

H&K MP5SD6

H&K MP7

Sidearms:

1911 Variant

(No M9, please)

Just add a few of the weapons used by today's forces such as the M16/M4 and your list is perfect.

Yeah, an M16A4 and an M4 would be fine (the HK416/417 is like them, but an improvement on the stoner design in that it uses a gas piston rather than direct).

It's not like a vast difference and probably not worth 3 replies argument but anyways...

I know development isn't finished, but it's a "real" gun (anyone knows about a "real" CRYE ?).

http://www.cryeassociates.com/12.htm

http://www.cryeassociates.com/work.html

It has yet to be produced – even in prototype form – and the weapon was never entered into the OICW or follow-up rifle competition recently held by the US military.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRYE_MR-C

All the CRYE images are rendered, I didn`t see any real image (not even a mock weapon) in anywhere, and the same for the caseless ammunition.

CRYE must develop the weapon system (gun & ammo) first and then be tested by the army (we must remember that's a totally new system, with different ammo and ergonomics) so I assume that takes much more time than conventional weapon-systems.

IMHO is imposible to put in combat duty at 2013.