Best Headphones

Cpl Ledanek

Okay, wife won't spring for a new set of 5.1 speakers thats on sale (after rebates) in CompUsa :huh: . So, unless there are invisible speakers that I could buy for myself, and keep it hidden from her, looks like I have to resort to smaller means of audio...a headphone :( . my mobo is A7N8X Deluxe, no sound card...Athlon 2.2 WinXP PRO 512 RAM...Hmm...what else...

So whats the best headphone for this mobo that would sound great for GR.

Is there a 5.1 headphones? my wife knows BOSE has a noise-cancelling headphone that I've been eyeing on :o= ...so BOSE is out of the question.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

PS Sorry if I've ask this questions already. :unsure:

I own a pair of Sony Professional Dynamic Stereo headphones. MDR-V600 IIRC. They sound dang good with GR. About $110 USD.

Just got a $20.00 pair from Radio Shack for TS applications. Had to replace my mic/attachment on my other pair that took a dump.

I own a pair of Sony Professional Dynamic Stereo headphones.  MDR-V600 IIRC.  They sound dang good with GR.  About $110 USD.

Wow Dark Ranger, I spent $100 :blink: less than you on my Sony Earbuds, and they sound awesome. lol

To Rook: "Buy new speakers and buy her a diamond braclet or something. "

man, I thought you would understand?

.... if I buy her a bracelet or something, then I gotta buy myself a Splinter Cell, or something...one for me, one for her, one for me, one for her...

:lol::lol::lol:

i just now figured out that my mik had headphones so i plugged em in and man i have to say these are awsome i can hear every lil sounds in the games and music sounds a whole much better and whats sad is these sound better then the speakers that came with the computar <_<

yea i know this headset only cost 10 bucks and it has a mik which was the main reason i bought it lol.i just got done playing WOI and god i had my volumes up loud and i had brought the mg42 and i just near went deaf lol i dont even know why i had em up that loud but i could defently tell the difference and could hear just so much stuff with these headphones

I do understand, but seeing as I hate earphones and love speakers, I'd rather play the "him/her" game than the "hide the expensive earphones, she finds out later, you get punished and have to buy her something anyway" game.

ok here is what i have found. after a few years of using smaller and smaller headsets i got fed up. they may sound of to an extent but cannot reproduce any sort of bass that the larger (earmuff) style headphones you can get for stereos still. i spent months checking all kinds of electronics stores to no avail. the last place i checked was Radio Shack in a mall near me and to my surprise they had in stock a large earmuff style headset with a great flexible boom mic. Woooohoooooo this set only cost $29 canadian and works and sounds great. they are extremely comforatable and cover my ears completely which is exactly what i wanted to help block out external noise of the wife watching tv or whatever so it enhances the sounds of the game without having to increase the volume to compensate. ;):P

Damn it WK, i was wondering why i was getting some funny looks in here..... :lol:

Btw, i have Plantronics DSP 500's and they are the dogs gonads compared to anything else ive used in the game...... lol ;)