MugenPower v1.0 POD (Patch+Mod) for GRAW v1.30

mugeN

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fixes and game features sound great! But, I would suggest (and perfer) that fixes were kept seperate (as downloads and installers) from features. The reasons for this are many, but the primary one is mod 'features' can conflict, and many servers that might otherwise benefit from your patch may not be able to, or choose use it...

sadeyes.gif

I think the fixes and game features sound great! But, I would suggest (and perfer) that fixes were kept seperate (as downloads and installers) from features. The reasons for this are many, but the primary one is mod 'features' can conflict, and many servers that might otherwise benefit from your patch may not be able to, or choose use it...

sadeyes.gif

I think this is a very good point and if there are fixes that fall into this category... perhaps someone could just give the code to Grin and they could "slip" it into the next patch. Otherwise the mod could BE the next patch.

And I would be MORE than willing to pay for such a mod/patch. It could be a "donation" ... to pay for beer and pizza for the programmers. Or donuts. Or sheep. Or whatever ya'll want.

I think that sounds like a winner.. :)

Any possibilities for 4 spawn zones for TDM maybe? with a set or random insertion option like in [GR] :)

That would increase suspence and variability/direction of enemy contact and firefights

The problem is for the laddering community, that the major ladders only do official versions of the game.

Personally I 'll probably solve that by having dual GRAW directories (like I did for the beta). One with official install for matching etc and one GRAW directory when playing beta (or) moded GRAW like 'patched' with the file of yours...

How can I have a double install? (have got two seperate HDD's )

I don't think it has to be on separate HD's... just install it to a different directory.

This is also a good solution to working on mods and wanting to still play online.

I just wonder what happens when you patch the game since the patch installer seems to find the installation of GRAW by itself. ??? :hmm:

PROGRESS UPDATE:

OICW INTEGRATION

OICW.jpg

checks went well and the system integrity seems to be well too.

OICW2.jpg

we're almost there.

looks great, only one thing....

One of the reasons for the canselled development of the OICW was weight! This baby weights in at 7kg's So IMO its OICW and no 3rd weapon slot. (like the sniper rifle)

I can hardly WAIT to get spawn raped by some kid with an OICW!!

With my 12 inch subwoofer that will sound AWESOME!!

But you know how fences and cars blow apart in this game... what about body parts???

cant really tell if you are being sarcastic or not ..its getting harder and harder as the years go by.. :)

but if you are, dont be!:) even if they are adding a weapon you might not like they are doing it as a nice gesture, and that should always be appreciated!:)

Oh it WAS sarcastic!! :P

But I still appreciate it. With a lot of things in life, you get to take the good with the bad.

I will enjoy using the rapid fire GL... and won't enjoy having it used on me!! :rocky:

But just like those annoying air strikes in BF2, this will become part of the game. It'll teach us to take cover and keep our freaking heads down!

Edited by AJ59

Very simple, and it works great, I just copied the directory containing GRAW to another location... Then created an extra shortcut (named differently) pointing to the new directory

So far I haven't experienced any problem with entries in the Windows registry etc

Is it used today?
I think the OICW was scrapped.

This is an interesting thread. The only thing that concerns me is that we could end up with two different and incompatible "code paths" for lack of a better term - one with "Mugen" fixes and one with official GRIN fixes. That could be a major mess. I think it would be cool if Mugen has fixed something then possibly GRIN could incorporate it in a patch or at least evaluate it and see if it would be beneficial to the game.

Is it used today?
I think the OICW was scrapped.

This is an interesting thread. The only thing that concerns me is that we could end up with two different and incompatible "code paths" for lack of a better term - one with "Mugen" fixes and one with official GRIN fixes. That could be a major mess. I think it would be cool if Mugen has fixed something then possibly GRIN could incorporate it in a patch or at least evaluate it and see if it would be beneficial to the game.

There are a number of reasons why the OICW development was put on the shelf. Weight, trouble with human rights, effectiveness of the air-combusting grenades, price of the ammo (grenades cost $25 a piece) and the complexiness of the whole set... Though the grenadelauncher and the rifle part are still on development but seperate now. for complete info see http://world.guns.ru/assault/as40-e.htm

Well IMO then I do not see much reason for including the OICW in the game, it is as dead as techno. The AK 47, 74 et ali, is another thing, it will propbably bee in use for a long while from now. Perhaps some creative modder (yes Muggenpower I mean you) could try to make a version of the next generation of AK (probably a chinese one).

When I am at it. Model the AICW instead of the scrapped OICW (only remembered by [GR] players atm). The concept are similar, with 3* 40 mm grenades without reload.

See for example:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as72-e.htm

Well IMO then I do not see much reason for including the OICW in the game, it is as dead as techno. The AK 47, 74 et ali, is another thing, it will propbably bee in use for a long while from now. Perhaps some creative modder (yes Muggenpower I mean you) could try to make a version of the next generation of AK (probably a chinese one).

When I am at it. Model the AICW instead of the scrapped OICW (only remembered by [GR] players atm). The concept are similar, with 3* 40 mm grenades without reload.

See for example:

By 2013 (game time) the OICW may of got a remake and come back... who knows and the faithfull AK(47) get real 2013 and AK47 only if your a jungle dweller... no Ghost would go into combat with an AK as weapon one.

Any weapon adding to the collection would be welcome..... inc AK(19)47 ( how old !)

Of course I do not se the ghost go AK other than picking up from the enemy. My point was just to humbly point out that one might encounter AK:s even 10 years from now.

AICW is actually a coming gun, with the old OICW in mind when designed. Austraila is testing the AICW atm (in Jane's Oct 2005 issue) and OICW was last sighted at a museum. Actually the AICW is - at least as far as the concept of the gun goes - the afore mentioned remake of OICW. But what the heck, more guns for all: bring em all on.

Of course I do not see the ghost go AK other than picking up from the enemy. My point was just to humbly point out that one might encounter AK:s even 10 years from now.

AICW is actually a coming gun, with the old OICW in mind when designed. Australia is testing the AICW atm and OICW was last sighted at a museum. Actually the AICW is - at least as far as the concept of the gun goes - the aforementioned remake of OICW. But what the heck, more guns for all: bring em all on (as long as their effects are modelled in a realistic way).

• 2 weeks later...

Well perhaps the time of absence has caused the dwindling of this thread but fret not, only excuse i have is because we've been REALLY REALLY hard at work with this mod. And I shall take you up on this challenge JASGripen, though it may make release of the mod quite longer, I am actually drawing up a blueprint of the AK-47 XM . A new AK lol...

So my work will be totally devoted to this at the moment, I will post scans of my blueprints and specifications of the gun and my vision. Followed by attempted 3d modelling. Also, if you see this as any update, my friends have begun alpha testing and debugging of Warfighter Mode :) We will soon be requesting Beta testers.

Well perhaps the time of absence has caused the dwindling of this thread but fret not, only excuse i have is because we've been REALLY REALLY hard at work with this mod. And I shall take you up on this challenge JASGripen, though it may make release of the mod quite longer, I am actually drawing up a blueprint of the AK-47 XM . A new AK lol...

So my work will be totally devoted to this at the moment, I will post scans of my blueprints and specifications of the gun and my vision. Followed by attempted 3d modelling. Also, if you see this as any update, my friends have begun alpha testing and debugging of Warfighter Mode :) We will soon be requesting Beta testers.

Count me in :D:P

See for example:

I don't think it was put in to be an additional weapon. It was put in to be a tribute to GR1 and make it "more GR1 like" which is what all of you have been griping you want.

I used the OCIW with GL in GR1. It was a badazz weapon there... ask anyone who ever played against me... but GR1 didn't calculate the weight i'm betting as it was quick as all heck and settled the ret pretty quickly

This is great stuff Mugen. There are alot of us who appreciate your efforts and are looking forward to product.

One this about the OICW to consider is weapon balance. A wep that has 6 (12 total) semiauto'd explosive rounds will literally blow away the rest of the wep choices. Maybe integrate Jas' AICW setup with 3 semiauto'd exposives without reload.

Nice indeed! :thumbsup: I am really enjoying the prospect of seeing the result of this. Btw the AICW didn't send some shivers through your modder's spine? It is apperently a Steyr with integrated gl.

I understand the OICW being more a GR tribute than something else, but I thought the purpose of the modd was to model weapons which actually are likely to show up on the future battlefield. The OICW was so good that it would dominate the game if it was introduced. Ok, one can nerf it, but then some of the tribute thing goes down the drain as it would be a rather bad weapon. Give Roco an AICW instead, which he can be badass with :)