DXE Decompiler virtually complete

So I'm reading this thread and realize my mouth is open...wow!

The emoticons on this bboard are all too understated for what you're doing. Very nice work! Please, please, please keep on going!

Seriously, Nemon, you should be an honorary GRiN employee. :grin1:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd like to thank the communities at GhostRecon.com and ghostrecon.net for their feedback and bug reports. Special thanks to Nemon for his bundle reader.

Above is from the readmeENG.txt from the 1.16 patch.

Royalty checks in the immediate future!

We'd like to thank the communities at GhostRecon.com and ghostrecon.net for their feedback and bug reports. Special thanks to Nemon for his bundle reader.

Above is from the readmeENG.txt from the 1.16 patch.

Royalty checks in the immediate future!

:o

That's fantastic, i had no idea.

Being mentioned atall is an honor. I can't thank GRIN enough. Awesome! :g_withgrin:

Nemon, remember what Jack Torrance wrote in the 1980's film "the shining"; "All work and NO play makes jack a dull boy."

don't want you to burn yourself out, have some fun too mate.

I quite often see a "nemon" playing GRAW multiplayer, don't know if it is the same guy or not though. <_<

Nemon, remember what Jack Torrance wrote in the 1980's film "the shining"; "All work and NO play makes jack a dull boy."

I quite often see a "nemon" playing GRAW multiplayer, don't know if it is the same guy or not though. <_<

It wasn't me.

Were they cheating or something?

It wasn't me.

Were they cheating or something?

Nemon is a god! He's everywhere and nowhere! LOL

I hope GRIN is giving Nemon all the support he needs and then some! Ghost Recon was something of a slow burner for sales and popularity, and it seems reasonable to expect the enormous volume of amazing mods and total conversions had a lot to do with Ghost Recon's popularity and sustainability; a game that's still selling and selling at a premium price.

Nemon whatever your motivations for pushing so long and hard, there are a lot of grateful Fans and Mod Talents that appreciate your efforts greatly. And yes Cristina Cifuentes is an amazing and prolific Programmer, a helpful person (if you ever were to email her for help she'd probably reply) and is a rather charming person as well.

sadeyes.gif

So Nemon... its been more than a month now, can we have it now?

Pretty please?

With sugar on top?

hey no pressure on nemon about the decompiler, we dont want him to break! :) :)

If you guys wanted you could do Nemon and the rest of us a favor, and include the decompiled scripts in the next patch :thumbsup:

Is there something the community can do to help with this task? I'm not doubting Nemon's abilities to the slightest degree...I'm just offering assistance if it'll get us the tools we need faster.

Go Nemon! :)

Yeah, I second that. Except that I'm about to leave town again..... But I hereby volunteer other people around here to help out if you need it :rofl:

Should Nemon decide (per his previous remarks) not to release his DXE Decompiler for the reasons described, or any other reasons; would GRIN or any of its Employees either: support Nemon in resolving whatever issues or barriers he encounters to finishing and/or releasing the tool, or, release a similar tool or means to using DXE internals?

Nemon's DXE Decompiler is a deal-maker/deal-breaker as far as the design intentions and desires of a many Ghost Recon Mod Developers, and fans many more Fans of Clancy games it's a lync pin to the future of the Ghost Recon legacy.

I doubt that anyone would disagree that a lot hinges on the release of this tool, or the fact that this places far more pressure on Nemon then he deserves for a generous deed. So, I for one hope the Developers of this game and it's Publisher 'see the light' and recognize the billions of Euros/Dollars in free marketing a strong and thriving Mod Community can offer a game, and do themselves and everyone a favor here and act accordingly...

sadeyes.gif

Should Nemon decide (per his previous remarks) not to release his DXE Decompiler for the reasons described, or any other reasons; would GRIN or any of its Employees either: support Nemon in resolving whatever issues or barriers he encounters to finishing and/or releasing the tool, or, release a similar tool or means to using DXE internals?

What did I miss :blink:

What did I miss :blink:

Hopefully nothing! Perhaps I'm reading too much into Nemon's first post, the fact that he really hasn't said he intends to release anything since those first remarks, that he's implied he's fried from working on the project, the pressure put on him from GRAW Fans, and a million and one odd things that can go wrong or prevent a person from finishing or even releasing something that's finished.

Also, if this were an id, Monolith, Valve, BI, Unreal Warfare and even a slew of budget game engine games -- something like a DXE Decompiler would be part and parcel of an 'Official S/MDK'... Yet Ubisoft continues to enforce a gross policy of crippled mod support for games it publishes which continues to be a nasty slap in the face of one of the largest and most talented enthusiast mod communities in FPS gaming...

I am an optimist, but I thought a proactive post might shake something loose as far as GRIN and Ubi commitment to Mod support for this game, licensure limitations on tools, or just a simley face from Nemon...

:huh:

Edited by Waika

Once I again I post the question...

What can we as a community do to assist this effort?

Is cost an issue? Is this something we can throw $$$ at to get quicker?

I'm not a programmer...but should I start to learn about decompilers to assist Nemon? Or if not Nemon, to assist the next person who will take up this torch?

There are alot of people hoping/praying/waiting for this.