Films I Recommend

Dick Splash

Rent the following if you can;

Blind Horizon - Val Kilmer in a plot to kill the president. Set in the desert, it's a stylish conspiracy film.

Spartan - Another Val Kilmer film, where he plays a super secretive US government/Army operator with morales.

Suspect Zero - Ben Kinglsey in an FBI murder hunt with a twist.

I've seen these films on satellite recently, a few times, and they've grown on me.......enough to share my recommendations with you lot. :thumbsup:

DS

I really enjoyed Spartan. As Para said it is a bit of a slow-burner, but there are a few shootout sequences to keep you entertained while you're following the plot. It's nicely paced, well acted and well scripted. Typical David Mamet. There also seemed to be alot of attention to realism in regard to the military side of things, so that is another bonus for the purist types.

The best film I have seen this year was Brick, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun). It's a detective story in the style of Dashiell Hammett and the Bogart noirs, set in high school. Check it out if you're looking for somtething different.

Rent the following if you can;

Blind Horizon - Val Kilmer in a plot to kill the president. Set in the desert, it's a stylish conspiracy film.

Spartan - Another Val Kilmer film, where he plays a super secretive US government/Army operator with morales.

Suspect Zero - Ben Kinglsey in an FBI murder hunt with a twist.

I've seen these films on satellite recently, a few times, and they've grown on me.......enough to share my recommendations with you lot. :thumbsup:

DS

Man Suspect Zero was twisted! I liked it but had no idea where it was going/came from... I'll have to check out the others. Val Kilmer is out there in real life, so I can't wait to see that one!

I saw Mr & Mrs Smith, too, not a bad movie but IMO not a great one. It's good entertainment with some cool shootouts & action but the story is a bit too flat.

Or maybe it's because I'm no Angelina Jolie fan :D

The best movie I saw this year was Ice Age 2. I tell ya I laughed so hard that I died and rose up from death again. It's a MUST-SEE!!!!

:)

CC

The three I recommended are all dark films, stylishly made. Not brilliant, but they do make a refreshing change.

As for Mr & Mrs SMith, well, I watched it, and that's all I have to say about that one. It did get me thinking though, because I felt that the film could have been made in the sixties a la 'Our Man Flint' style!

My mate saw the Pixar film 'Cars' this week and he really enjoyed it. He said there was some adult humoUr in there too.

'Brick' sounds interesting, 2nd Ranger, thanks for the tip.

DS

For the UK lot - Dead Mans Shoes (UK film)<----------- top film, just go out and get it on DVD, you will know what I mean once you have seen it. No one Ive passed this too has ever come back without saying how great it is on so many levels. The acting of one particular character is pure oscar winning (without it actualy winning anything like that).

You will know the meaning of "doing an Anthony's Brother" real quick.