Mission #4: Strongpoint (Bunkers)

This one is my least favourite mission so far, not because its hard. No. It's because my team don't seem to react well to wide open spaces. I tell them all to move and they wander off taking the long way round and start a firefight. This happened after the chopper resupply. Had to start again from that save.

I then told them to go in a direction and I folloed them but they turned round and started doing something else, meanwhile I get ambushed by two guys, which sends my health to red.

We somehow make it to the powestation with me only trusting them to move 5metres max at a time. I tell a guy to cover down the hill driveway, while i send the support guy to the entrance. The other guy decides no, i'm gonna disobey and rambo inside the powerstation. Me and the support guy have to run in to bail him out. I send them out via the tac map and hear them say in position. So i'm just laying the c4 when I realise they didnt move.

I think its fair to say this one might need lookin at. I'm not finding it hard at all. Compared to mission 3 its been "easy". My team just needs whippin into shape.

Anyone else had this kid of thing happen?

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played for 2weeks so i'm going to be very rusty now :(

From what i remember though, I'm in the strongpoint mission after i've blown up the powerstation (i think thats what it was, its been a while) and i'm off to the roacblock. Thing is, everytime I load from the powerstation save, my team is scattered over a wide area for some reason and they are getting killed by guys that weren't there when I initially saved the game.

What makes it worse is that they wont respond to my commands to come back and they just keep saying they are taking fire. This was before the 1.10 patch came out, so it mite be ok now? Has anyone got any more tips on this misison please cos i'd like to get onto the ones that people play online.

You dont need to equip yourself with it, it's already there for you to activate and run away

FYI, don't forget to take your team with you when your hauling -$$ out of the bunker, could ruin your teams day it they're in the bunker with you............. :thumbsup: You have about 15 secs to get clear.........to time for skipping..... :blink:

Fresh............ :g_withgrin:

You dont need to equip yourself with it, it's already there for you to activate and run away

FYI, don't forget to take your team with you when your hauling -$$ out of the bunker, could ruin your teams day it they're in the bunker with you............. :thumbsup: You have about 15 secs to get clear.........to time for skipping..... :blink:

Fresh............ :g_withgrin:

.... Better yet, go in by yourself. Maybe throw a frag in first or somehing. There was no way I was taking those jokers into the first bunker with me! :rofl: I took one guy with me into the second bunker because it had more than one way in. When it was clear, i sent him out and THEN laid the C4. Wan't taking any chances. :P

Ok, how the h-e- double hockey sticks do you get to the bunkers? I am getting shredded right after the initial shanty area. Thought I had it figured and replayed the part before and resupplied with the sniper rifle, took out the far bunker with it, but then the closest one opens up on me.

Any suggestions?

NEVER MIND, MADE IT PAST!!

Edited by MCarr

I HAVE GRAW ON PC AND IM ON MISSION 4 BUNKERS IT SAYS I NEED C4 TO BLOW UP THE BUNKERS,I HAVE GOT TO THE FIRST RALLY POINT AND CLICKED X TO RESUPPLY BUT THERE IS NO C4 IN THE ARMORY IHAVE REINSTALLED THE GAME BUT THE C4 IS STILL NOT THERE I CANT COMPLETE THE MISSION WITHOUT THE C4 CAN ANYBODY HELP WITH THIS AM I LOOKING IN THE WRONG PLACE

Dont post in all Caps!!! as apart from the fact it's hard to read It is considered rude and SHOUTING

and please try reading or at least searching the forums before starting a new thread

Yesterday completed this mission and the thing I noticed during the mission was that this mission is probably played best when using a sniper rifle, I had a normal rifle (SCAR) and noticed that my good friend with the sniper fails to take out the automatic rifles in the far bunker even when they were firing at us (all good covered).

This resulted in several shots/taking cover/shots/taking cover before finally killing all 3 of them. If I had a sniper rifle these wouldn't have been a problem probably.

Also a good tip for this missions (I think) is to keep the heights in good cover, there are a lot off places where tango's are hiding in little towers or on rooftops (when you're getting from resupply to the power station). Hold you sniper back and use the cone to let him cover large areas. Also be sure to try and approach most enemies from the side as there is lot of room to move around stuff (big rocks and stuff).

I experienced this mission as a lot easier than the VIP2 down mission :) Made it with 4 times dying instead of 30 times on VIP2 down ;)

• 3 weeks later...

You do have it, even though it isn't in the inventory. In each bunker there is a glowing thing on the floor that looks like an explosive, you have to go up to it and the game will tell you to use the action key to place a charge. Then...ummm... RUN! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, but how do you even get into the bunker? It seems that the doors are closed and I thought I had tried everything.

You do have it, even though it isn't in the inventory. In each bunker there is a glowing thing on the floor that looks like an explosive, you have to go up to it and the game will tell you to use the action key to place a charge. Then...ummm... RUN! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, but how do you even get into the bunker? It seems that the doors are closed and I thought I had tried everything.

the bunkers have no doors (iirc). there are entrances on the side of each bunker located on top of the "hills".

• 3 weeks later...

guys guys trust me, I just finished messing with those bleeping bunkers.

for NORMAL SP - UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES FIRE ON EITHER BUNKER, JUST TRY IT, YOU'LL BE AMAZED AT WHAT YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH. BE VERY SURE NOT TO FIRE UNTIL YOU TAKEDOWN THE FURTHEREST ONE BY USING SOME OF THE MOVEMENT TACTICS ABOVE AND AFTER THE FIRST BUNKER BE AS BOLD AS YOU WISH,JUST DON'T FIRE ON THAT OTHER BUNKER(FROM OUTSIDE IN VIEW OF THE FIGHTING SLITS) UNTIL THE TIME IS NIGH. I died several times going inside the last bunker(that would be the nearest one at first approach), so then I sent my SAW boy in and he cleaned house. I was not gonna state this for SPOILER purposes so STOP NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW

, but I was angry and thought well if I'm gonna die anyway...., so me n the boys just humped it straight from the blown bunker right into to the kill zone of the remaining bunker and waded right through the guys outside, no problems, no sneaky sneaky, then SAW boy said goodbye.

thanks will try that a little later on. My biggest problem is the dark areas I cant see nothink.

You can snipe out the enemy in the bunkers from the westside (left) of the map, do that first on one bunker and snipe the other one once you're in that bunker, and before! you plant your C4 <_<

Move slowly, make use of towers to look if you can snipe something (with a normal scar L works too)

My strategy for the bunkers:

After the APC's and machinegun thing, we CAREFULLY cleared out the little area just short of the close bunker. After dealing with the three enemies who approach up the hill, again CAREFULLY as not to draw attention from across the little valley there, we proceeded around the FAR LEFT EDGE of the map. There's a pathway that leads behind some cover most of the way to the FAR bunker. Only one trouble spot getting the team past, so I ordered them across it one at a time. Continued around the back of the FAR bunker. Hand grenade in each of two separate areas of the bunker, THEN place the C4 and move out with a clear purpose. At that point, it's almost directly across the street to the other (originally nearer) bunker's entrance. Two dudes at the top of the hill by the entrance were a joke. One or two more grenades in the door inside there, and then drop the C4 and splitsville. BOOM_SPLAT_SQUISH... It's a BURRITO, boss!

• 10 months later...

I am in mission 4 and have just destroyed the two bunkers. I was told to get to the chopper and pick up the C4 to destroy the power station, and when I got to the bird, I couldn't find C4 anywhere in the inventory of weapons. Did I miss something, or will there be C4 at the power station, like there was inside the bunkers? I am still a rookie in this game, but I'm learning fast. :unsure:

[Merged into the existing Mission 4 discussion thread - Please check before posting]

Edited by Pave Low

Yeah when me and my friend first started that mission we were like "Uuuh wth?" Cause there was nowhere to get C4 but then we found out all we had to do was go up to the glowing explosive icons and press the action button and then run. This is actually one of our favorite missions. My friend snipes with the barret and I have the SCAR-L. The other guys have an M8 and SCAR-H. We all have M8 compacts though. Of course I take the grenade launcher to get the guys in the bunkers that my friend can't see with the Barret. There's still a few parts that get us here n there but for the most part we ace it.