WK Gets a Haircut

WhiteKnight77

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, thats quite a change there! Looks good though! :thumbsup:

I don't know how long you've had it short, but just wait till you go to brush it back and its not there, or you wash it and don't have to blow dry and straighten it! And the biggie, you bend down to do something and don't have it fall over your face so you can still see! That said, I had mine cut for an interview and I still haven't forgiven myself!

As for why, hmm...I'm guessing either;

1) For a job

2) For a woman

3) For a bet or 'chemically influenced' dare?

Whatever it is, good luck!

Hmm...I know what this is! Whoever guesses correctly, will recieve an advance copy of GR:AW which gr.net have aquired somehow?!

Oh, and I have a new theory: pillar drill (or something similar) + long hair = distaster and shorter haircut?! Maybe...but maybe not methinks!

@WK... perhaps I was hinting - that's a secret! ;) When will you reveal YOUR secret reason(s) to us... when? As well, probably isn't the right forum and maybe most know already, but why did you join the marines, how long did you serve, why did you leave? If asking's impolite, then pls forget the questions. Hey, I hope dickie's right re free copy of GR:AW, but one for everyone who participates in the guessing. Some very funny guesses so far!

@WK... perhaps I was hinting - that's a secret!  ;)  When will you reveal YOUR secret reason(s) to us... when? As well, probably isn't the right forum and maybe most know already, but why did you join the marines, how long did you serve, why did you leave? If asking's impolite, then pls forget the questions. Hey, I hope dickie's right re free copy of GR:AW, but one for everyone who participates in  the guessing. Some very funny guesses so far!

Well Janie, if you are hinting, you could PM me ;) .

I will let everyone know soon as to why I got my haircut, gotta make sure everything is cool first.

I joined the Marines as I thought it the right thing to do, my pops was AF and I kinda liked the bene's while growing up. I was in for 6 years. My reasons for getting out are something I prefer not to talk about, but one part is the to many chiefs cliche.

He got a new job! Sadly I would not say its GRIN. What the hell they care if he has a long hair or not.

I say its Coke. As in Coca-Cola. Coke has just re-release Coke in a bottle. Coz, dammit that's the only way it taste great---the original Coke.

The Original is always better.

And WK nailed it on the head when he delivered Coke to GRIN.

....OK, wheres the prize? :rolleyes:

I can now tell everyone the reason for my haircut. No, I did not get it cut for a GF. Some of you may know that I have been unemployed for the better part of the past year. Well I now have a new job. It is not with GRIN (I wish) or Coca-Cola(naaa, I wouldn't be allowed to drink Dr. Pepper on company property). I started today as a non-destructive technician trainee at Applied Technical Services.

I still have to shave my beard off, but I can keep my moustache.

The one downside to this new job is I will be gone for extended periods of time working 12-14 hours a day, 7 days a week. The good thing is, I get time and a half for all hours over 40. I stand to make at least more than double what I earned in 2004. Maybe I will be able to finally afford a car and the insurance for it.

@WK77, that's fantastic news! I'd no idea you were seeking employment, actually thought you were a mechanic. :wall: Will you travel outside US for this job? What's the gist of the work you'll be doing? Will you wear a suit, then, with your new hairdo/shave? Congratulations! :thumbsup:

It's actually non-destructive testing such as ultrasound or xray.

I was a mechanic (I guess I still am, ya don't just forget that overnight really), but was seeking a career change since I was released from my last job by the new owners who wanted to bring their own people in. I don't think I will travel outside of the US for work, but one never knows. There is talk of going to a plant in NY, but most of the jobs are here in the southern portion of the States. No, I won't be wearing a suit. After 90 days, the company will issue me coveralls to wear instead of my own work clothes.

Best of all, I get 2 weeks of vacation after a year (haven't has such a bene since I was in the military).