Photo slideshow on TV?

the.ronin

i've got a bunch of digital pictures. i want to be able to do a slideshow on a regular tv. any suggestions and/or caveats?

ideas include burning onto a cdr (i dont have a dvd burner) but then what program do i use? another idea is to run it through powerpoint but can i hook up a regular tv to a laptop?

any advice appreciated!

Microsoft have a digital photo app for free download from their registered owners page (sorry no link handy) that makes a slide show of a bunch of photos with really cool pan and slide effects. I think you need a seperate app to make it onto a dvd though.

Ulead have a product that does the same thing, but will also burn the DVD for you - it is not free however, (again sorry no link handy).

A VCD is just a DVD-reader-compatible way of putting an hour of video on a standard CDR.

I don't know of any free burning suites, but I think Ahead Nero still has a free trial, and it can certainly burn VCD format.

I tend to use Adobe Premier or Pinacle both programmes you can mix stills and video.

Adobe is complicated but once you get into its very good.

Pinacle Studio is good aswell and easier to use.

It depends on the quality you are looking for.

High spec system though

Looking at some of your sigs I would say you will do a good job.

Colin

The easiest I've done several times is if your laptop has a S-video output, you should be able to hook that up directly to most new TVs. Then put your pics in the same folder and just use the Windows XP Picture and Fax Viewer to display them off your laptop.

If you want a more professional looking slideshow, use PowerPoint - which is what I usually do these days as with most presentations I make, I have easy access to those small portable LCD projectors.

If you want to run the slideshow off a DVD player, then burn the VCD after creating a slideshow with one of the above mentioned programs.

If it's a decent camera, it might have some type of cable for video out. Usually, the cable would come with the camera. You just plug it into the input on the TV and it should work. At least that's what my friend used when he got his digital camera. It showed up on the TV and he could cycle through them. Pretty easy.

nero!! wouldnt ya know it ... i was drivin the other day and a box of nero fell right off the truck in front of me and landed on my windshield. user posted image

thats odd.... i was walking the other day and i seen a fedex plane burning on fire in 2 peices and a copy of Flash MX just hit me on the head... when i woke up i walked off with it :lol:

Edited by Prozac360