P2: A Cold Day In Hell

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much everybody involved is caught up in RL situations right now.

You are of course right EasyCo, but then - Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 1st ADA - Wildflicken, Germany 1974-1977 can teach ya alot about getting the snow out of your missile loader vehicle before you take a seat.

I'm working on two missions right now, finalizing one on the Keep map from Fb and beginning one on Blue Ivan. The Keep has drug out for a long time now cause I can't decide which of about 6 objectives I really like and have had a real time trying to figure out the timing for removing and adding if I include all six. As it stands, you will probably want to complete the main obj prior to others just by natural default and I've been studying a way to circumvent that, but keep the big boss takedown senario I've set up in one of the rooms. One is only about saving the rare Vodaka anyway...so it could go away. I've added an extraction helo to it and cannot decide to keep it or toss it. It would require one of the newer helos by cobaka or a Hind/Chinook that has no open side doors for a single bird, or two Blackhawks...to get everybody up up and away. Another altrernative would be to hand the package over to a helo and watch it fly away to a black screen..I like this though

keepextractln8.jpg

The Blue Ivan mission has a few teams populating the map and I'm studying where to place the SPAAs and which ones to use, probably a three piece TOR battery complimented by two or three Tunguskas or whatever... with the addition of a NTW20 or the like to help with armor objectives I can add more armor to the maps, this one will probably have 6 SPAAs and maybe something else. Also, cobaka's BTR and BDRM can be taken down with just about any explosive device, like a Fly 60mm commando mortar.

I may as well ask here and now - I could use a Russian pilot or two for a POW senario.

There is only one Fb map unpopulated and it's too MP oriented really. May include a mission on m14 Mountain with Lancer's snow texture....to make up for the lost map...

a new sniper rifle may be on the way soon...

mig :ph34r:

Edited by migryder

Excellent update, Mig... very exciting sounding! :thumbsup:

I'm working on two missions right now, finalizing one on the Keep map from Fb and beginning one on Blue Ivan... I like this though:

keepextractln8.jpg

Me too!

I could use a Russian pilot or two for a POW senario.
:whistle: Where are the skins/model fellows when you need them?

Maybe another competition should be started?

Thanks for all your hard work!

here are two of cobaka's vehicles with new skins from CMH. I did the work on the tires/wheels. Gotta get after that one btr w/o the spotlight though.

wintertexts2cr5.jpg

above - the btr on the right is being swept by the spotlight

wintertexts1bk2.jpg

thanks to CMH for the texts and thanks to cobaka for use of the vehicles

I'm so pleased that the great BTR90 by Cobaka featured already in Armenia SCARed is having another opportunity to partecipate to a great mod :)

Give me a moment and you'll see the Tunguska too!

Edited by migryder

Cobaka's Tunguska with Blakarion's Shilka

2s6any8.jpg

2s6bqy9.jpg

for some reason the black is not showing up well as it does in all others, the base color is more of a sand, don't know if that has anything to do with it. The text looks like the same scale. I did the track n wheel snowy text for the Tunguska. In case you've not seen C's vehicles before - the spotlight on the BTR is dynamic as are both radars on the Tunguska. Cool! The spotlight tracks too. Got to get it in the Blinking Owl mission, eh KRP 56?

Edited by migryder

• 2 weeks later...

status report:

After getting requests from you guys and getting in touch with some of the other contributors, as well as giving some things I stated in the Alien Strike thread more thought, I can assert here that P2: A Cold Day In Hell is still under construction. I have to get in touch with a couple more guys just yet though. I've heard some very bad news about nat and can only hope the best for him...I need to get in touch with swartsz. I've corresponded with a couple of CENTCOM members and after thinking that through could only leave the inclusion of my scripts up to those guys, I won't hold my work hostage from the players, or the overall progress of that mod from player or the people who have put a great deal of work into that mod. If the desiscion is made to not use those scripts that is cool with me.

I will state here and some of you know in detail that I was already in a pretty agitated state of heart and mind that day....so instead of nurturing these forums as a safe haven I decided to loose my mind here instead!

Well, just as I write that above statement I hear a loud thump! Get up go into another room to investigate, my mom has rolled right out of bed - between that and the outside window wall. Luckily I anticipated that very thing a while back and had placed a wedge shaped foam rubber pad and a sort of half chair pad down there! She seems fine, but there was another chance for a broken bone and yet another trip to ER. Jeez. Thats right Janie, they made me bring her home from the rehab/nursing home yesterday. You see in the US, medicare only pays so much for so little, then fork it it over baby. 120 USD per day at the facility she was at. Yet she got visits from some home health care people today...for a few weeks anyway...

back to P2 -

updated exterior texture for Cobaka's 2s6 by CMH, Blakarion's Shilka in background with CMH text...

new2s6text3hs5.jpg

new2s6text2db3.jpg

you can see the rear of Blakarion's SA9 to the left, sporting yet another of CMH's coats...

new2s6text1jb0.jpg

sa9bu1.jpg

Blakarion's SA9 and Command vehicle texture by CMH..

h24cy2.jpg

Blakarion's HIND 24 Attack - I reworked the original texture replacing one color with white and adding a band of white...

Maybe sad news for the music...I've been reading up around here regarding music permissions and it all seems hopeless when you consider writing a film company that may not even be in busuiness now or a band that may be busted up, or worse yet an artist who may have passed...blah blah

music included so far, but doubtful

First a big thanks to GRT for giving permission to mix audio produced by the Down N Dirty Mod Team with some of my selections...

mix: combat audio from DND and "A Call To Arms" from the film Glory, composed and conducted by James Horner and performed by Harlem Boys Choir...some of you have heard this one....GR_Main_Theme mastered by Phlookian

mix: combat audio from DND and Mars, The Bringer of War.. Emerson, Lake, and Powell.... album by the same name...mastered by Phlookian

mix: Devil welcomes kid to the head cutting duel, "bet ya can't play none neither".."Head-Cuttin' Duel, Steve Vai, Elusive Light and Sound, Vol 1..a very angry bear audio from the internet....and Mars, The Bringer of War in part.. see above..Phlook don't like its composition, but he ain't seen the cinematic either....kicks off the first mission...

mix: combat audio from DND and "The Mission Begins" Micheal Karmen, Band of Brothers:Original Soundtrack....

End Titles from "Bladerunner", Vangelis, Themes.

Man With A Harmonica..Ennio Morricone, Once Upon A Time In The West:The Original Soundtrack...

Tank, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, album by the same name...

other considerations and some mixed for testing

Eruption/Stones of Years/..., Emerson, Lake, and Palmer, Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends..originally Tarkus.

FanFare For The Common Man, Royal Marines Band, The Royal Marines Band Play The Classics...

Pictures At An Exhibition:The Great Gate of Kiev..Tomita, Greatest Hits CD...

Morning Dew, Jeff Beck, Truth..

Who Do You Love, Pt 1, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Happy Trails...

and so on.......

Oh Well(Fleetwood Mac) hehe.

Oh! All the screens in this post taken on Phlook's Blue Ivan map.

Edited by migryder

I'm glad you're back! I'm still not 100% happy with the scale/tone of the last texture I did. If I get time I'll have another go at it (though from the look of the helo you've done, you're more than able to sort it yourself if you wanted!)

Sleeper has almost finished some of the models for the UK chrs, I'll focus on getting their skins ready for now (as I'll be using them as well for UKSF)

Oh - have you seen the maritime chrs I've put together - will you want any of them for the ship mission (assuming there is a ship mission)?

Cheers

CMH

thanks gang, all's well this morning. Here's hoping a quick recovery natsanwa! Glad to find out that it's not as bad as I had imagined at first nat.

Just got some news from Phlookian about the TOR M-1 he's been working on, looks like things have slowed down enough to give him some modding time and here is some of what he has going on, updated TOR pics, coming together brother!

tor3zi5.jpg

tor2qd9.jpg

tor1kr6.jpg

BTW - I believe this is one of Phlook's first vehicles outside of a couple of cool boats...

thanks CMH, looking forward to seeing it. There's a big difference between me opening PShop and replacing one color with another and what you have done here and elsewhere! The explanation you gave of your approach earlier has given me an idea or two I need to try out sooner or later though...

The ship is on the frozen FB map, but I guess such guys could be Seal Team 2 or some equivelant unit? Chilly work indeed, but how thick is the ice?? Course, if someone were to retexture the Docks map..... :whistle:

Edited by migryder

Hey, those models are looking fantastic but I do have a bit of constructive criticism to input. I think you should go with some higher resolution textures. Most vehicles in the game have had lousy low res textures and being such large elements in the game it really stands out for me. From what I can recall, most of the vehicle textures are somewhere near the same size that the human models use, that's just not enough in my opinion. By GR standards those textures you've done look fantastic but I think you guys can pull off even better just by using higher resolution on them. Just something to consider.

Hey, those models are looking fantastic but I do have a bit of constructive criticism to input. I think you should go with some higher resolution textures. Most vehicles in the game have had lousy low res textures and being such large elements in the game it really stands out for me. From what I can recall, most of the vehicle textures are somewhere near the same size that the human models use, that's just not enough in my opinion. By GR standards those textures you've done look fantastic but I think you guys can pull off even better just by using higher resolution on them. Just something to consider.

Yeah, maybe I should have asked some opinions first

This vehicle is a first for me really and I was kind of worried about game/ pc lag as it is (I am seriously pushing the poly count here)

If it looks lame I might retexture (but I've hand textured every poly so far and I want to see my little tank chase a few ghosts first).

As ever Sleeper I always appreciate your help and advice (even the criticism)

Mig =>Excellent news you & your talented Team are carrying on with P2! (Did you know the "P" in P2 stands for "Pressure"?) :rocky: I enjoyed reading your P2 "status report" but... about the comment:

I will state here and some of you know in detail that I was already in a pretty agitated state of heart and mind that day....so instead of nurturing these forums as a safe haven I decided to lose my mind here instead!
What I want to know is whether you'd obtained ALL proper permissions/credits, etc. in advance of losing said mind? :devil: (I see you've found it anyhow)!

A bit :offtopic: but as others have said, surely RL comes 1st & it's great to hear that your Mom is okay. To me as Canadian $120 USD/day for a care facility is astonishing.

Looking fwd to your mod, guys, especially the music selections!