Give me a break #2...

Sart

HERE

DURANGO, Colo. (Reuters) - A Colorado judge ordered two teen-age girls to pay about $900 for the distress a neighbor said they caused by giving her home-made cookies adorned with paper hearts.

Read the whole thing... it gets real good.

COME ON!!! :wall:

Thats a freaking joke, so what the next time I hold the door open for someone they are gonna sue me because they are afraid I'll close it in there face or something? I eamn come one, thats an act of kindness, that doesn't happen often enough anymore, and crap lawsuits like this is just stomps all over nice people. Some people in this country make me sick sometimes. :ermm:

Its so stupid, I chose not to read any futher. That is whats known as an over engineered legal system which has lost its human insight for judicial Precedent, law reform or as some call it "The loss of Law Innovators" you need to set up your own Law Commission (inless you already have one, I struggle to understand European law and havent done anything on US law yet) to sort this sort of stuff out, that or set up a Trade associate to protect neighbours, It would take years to be approved but at least these girls could get back there $900.

PS Im not a law nerd, I do a law course.

That's almost as stupid as the lady that sued a furniture store after she tripped over her own kid and broke her leg; and then won! That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen in law. It's ridiculous for a judge to force two girls doing something nice to pay $900 to a lady who got scared because someone knocked on her door. Absolutely ridiculous.

Wanita Young said, "This has turned into quite a fiasco. It's something that never should have happened and it's just devastating. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. My life has been threatened and I'll probably have to move out of town."

I think shes under the impression people would care. Deluded.

Wanita Young said, "This has turned into quite a fiasco. It's something that never should have happened and it's just devastating. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. My life has been threatened and I'll probably have to move out of town."

I think shes under the impression people would care. Deluded.

Exactly. I think that any sane person would look at that and realize they're stupid. I can't even believe that a judge ruled for them to pay the lady money. That's not even poor judgement, it's a complete lack of judgement. I still can't believe that the lady even thought that up.

The judge should be removed from office. He's an idiot for not tossing the woman's case outright. The girls should get their money back x2. The <insert negative adjective here> crybaby woman should be run out of town. There is no room in our judicial system for mockaries such as this. Shame on Judge Walker. He should have told the woman to grow up.

As for the girls learning a lesson, I'm sure that they are, unfortunately learning a very bad lesson: At the end of the day, we're likely to be punished for our kindness.

Edited by Parabellum