Is R6:4 delaying GR2 ?

BornToKill

I doubt that honestly, RSE has enough people to work on 2-3 projects at once. You have people who worked on the Xbox version of GR2 who are now "free" to work on PC, with probably a smaller team working on the Xbox DLC/Expansion, and then the R6:4 team. The two games have probably been in development side by side for 1.5-2 years and they really shouldn't effect each others progress. My hunch is you'll see RS:4 PC be delayed like GR2 was, and be released late this year. But we'll see what happens hehe.

To me, it makes no sense to have 2-3 Tom Clancy titles launching at once this March (GR2 PC, SC3, R6-4). Better to spread the wealth a little more evenly over the year ...

EDIT: The following is ALL SPECULATION! :P

I have the same info as everyone else about when anything is coming out. It's just my opinion on how Ubi could/should release things ...

- It looks like SC3 Chaos Theory is on track for a March release (with the beta MP demo and all) after it got pushed back from an Xmas 2004 release. With SC's huge following on Xbox/PC, this will realistically be Ubi's biggest seller for the Clancy franchise this year.

- Announcements have been made that R6-4: Lockdown is also supposed to come out in March. But there's no doubt that SC3 will overshadow this release. The latest Lockdown previews mention that although the demos are playable, they don't really look all too polished - and that doesn't leave too much time if the game is to go gold sometime late Feb.

- So that leaves a good window for GR2 PC to be released this fall. A little extra time to make it even better :thumbsup:

- Then GR2 Expansion #1 for the Xbox can come out just in time for Christmas 2005.

Sound like a good (hypothetical) timetable? ;)

Edited by CR6

Guys this is a wind up, i got tired of hearing all the whinging about no news on GR2 PC, that i thought i'd give the noobs something to really worry about.

While it is not out of the realms of possibility, i don't think we will have to wait that long.But maybe peeps will sit back and wait until RSE/UBI are good and ready to release info on the product when it is at a stage they know they are nearing completion.

in the meantime enjoy GR1 and the other games out there.We will in time hear about GR2.SO CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

btw you can lock this and move it to the humour section if you like :rofl:

Sad part is i have no more faith for the R6 games and well be passing up the game on releash.

If by chance GR2 doe's get delayed becuase of R6 i sure won't be happy with the RSE guys, but it still won't make me get the game just to waste time until GR2 releash. I might think about SC3 but even still im in the beta tester stage of the game right now and im not to impressed with the game to have it be a pull over until GR2. If anything the only game im looking forward to besides GR2 is CC:FTF and can only hope that game is everything it's cracked up to be. :whistle:

I also must say i really can't believe they well delay the game for R6. If anything they should delay R6 until GR2 releash! If i had it my way i might let the R6 games go and start a whole new series of a swat game it really is time to refresh the modeives of this game for something fresh... :huh: A new start all around is what im looking for in a swat game besides what R6 turned into! Just got to hope GR don't end up in the same boat down the road...

I'm not locking or moving it, although you were joking about the release date, CR6 posted a good summary of the current situation, so it's all good  :thumbsup:

I edited the above post to note that the release dates I mentioned were speculation on my part.

It's a pretty good bet SC3 will come out around March

There's a public blog entry at one of the RSE dev's websites (Rafael Chandler's) that states R6-4 is near completion, so it may come out sooner than we think

My guess is as good as anyone here about when GR2 PC and the GR2 Xbox Mission Pack (or whether or not it's in development - just assuming it is) will come out.

I have first hand confirmation that there are different teams working on GR2 and R6 4: Lockdown. I can also confirm that R6 4: Lockdown is being done for PC, PS2, and XBox.