Facing my final curtain!

SnowFella

@Buck50: unfortunately not taking any votes for shotgun's at the moment but if I find some free time I might bring that category in aswell, although I seriously doubt that I will be able to squeeze out any free time right now.

Snow

Thought I'd give it a try. :whistle:

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take that as another vote for the Panzerfaust 3, slowly starting to catch up on the Javelin it seems. Shame there just ain't any good pics around of either weapon system. :wall:

@Dog-Zebra: I do have a highpoly L85A2/AG36 model and even started cutting that down in polys for GR at one stage but other things came in the way of finishing it. Can't even fully remember how far I got on doing it so anything could be possible.

Highpoly L85A2/AG36

l85-ag36.jpg

Snow

Snow could mod dog $%*@ and I'd still DL it. I honestly don't see how he hasn't gotten any offers. Their loss for sure.

:whistle:

I'll let him respond to this.

Gee Sup, really putting me on the spot here mate...lol

To tell the truth I have been contacted and more or less hired, just haven't signed any contracts yet. All this happened a few weeks ago, just after I started this thread. And before you all start asking questions.

1: I can't tell you's who I'm working for just yet, contract issues

2: I can't say what I'm working on, contract issues again.

3: I'm still trying hard to get my jaw up from the floor, wasn't expecting that phonecall!

Snow

thanks guys.

Unfortunately there won't be much of a rest for my poor old back SC, this project will run as a second jobb for me. Pretty much means that I'm still going to have to bust my guts at woolies and do any computer work during any free time that I find, exactly what I have been doing for the last couple of years.

The list has been updated once again, starting to come close to closing time for it now guys. Only category that still is a cliffhanger is the AR with the Colt M4 Commando in the lead and the G36K RAS trailing by one vote. The Panzerfaust 3 is gaining on the Jav though.

Snow

Well then we need a "Save SnowFella's Back Fund" here on GR.net. It's rediculous that someone with your skills is humpin' boxes around all day, as I've probably said a million times already.

Still can't wait to hear what the project is, though I think it's a certain "simulation" with an acronym as it's most common stated name.

Hmm, and only four days left too. Have you started modeling anything yet SF. I believe you already have the Glock model done.

The Glock 18 model is already done, although I might just redo it just for the sake of it. What I have modeled is the old type Glock frame and I might just make the newer type frame instead, got mounting rail for a taclight and fingergroves on the pistolgrip.

As for quitting my dayjob within the near future, don't really think that is going to happen guys. For one a switch in job like that would mean I have to pack up and move, something that's kinda hard to do with a family. It would also mean quite a big drop in pay :blink: , as far as I know entrylevel pays for a modeler around these parts of the world is in the $40 000 AUD a year area (around $31 000 US) and in my current job I make a good $20 000 AUD more than that...up around $46 000 US a year. Not bad for a factory slave :devil:

I'll probably start over from scratch, it's a pretty simple model to do and shouldn't take me more than a few hours to complete (1 hour for the modeling and 2 for the texture + another hour for the unforseen problems that always occur)