Vehicles in GR 2

Scubaman3Dc

I have been observing in these forums and the UBI forums for a while and I have to ask a question.

Why are so many people opposed to the introduction of vehicles in the sequel? Clearly, US Special Forces use vehicles including motorcycles, ATVs, certain helicopters, and armed buggies.

Granted, I don't necessarily like games where you can hop out of the gunner position of a tank, get into the pilot position of a helicopter and fly away, land and ditch the thing, then hijack an enemy T72, etc…this can get a bit ridiculous.

Limited use of vehicles, or more interaction with the vehicles in the game, could really enhance the gaming experience.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. If the maps are going to be bigger for the snipers, there is going to be alot less action. I think vehicles will give us the ability to spot each other easier and travel the great distances of the maps easier and quicker ultimately giving the game more action and a little bit more depth into the gameplay. Vehicles should have very distinct advantages such as speed and pay load but at the expese of stealth and accuracy (the main aspect of being a ghost). While I like the idea of vehicles, I definately dont want them to have automatic missle launchers and stuff like that. Maybe a gun to lay down cover fire, but it should be hard to shoot while moving, also, hard to spot targets while on the move.

I think if done right people could really enjoy this new aspect. Just because it may be in more arcadish games doesnt mean it will bring the same element to this one. If you keep an open mind I believe that you will see that this COULD really benefit the gameplay, especially on bigger maps.

It's because due to the nature of how the Ghosts operate, vehicles would be loud and cumbersome. Whereas the Ghosts are trained to be ground stealth, evading the enemy and all that.

I agree. If the maps are going to be bigger for the snipers, there is going to be alot less action. I think vehicles will give us the ability to spot each other easier and travel the great distances of the maps easier and quicker ultimately giving the game more action and a little bit more depth into the gameplay. Vehicles should have very distinct advantages such as speed and pay load but at the expese of stealth and accuracy (the main aspect of being a ghost). While I like the idea of vehicles, I definately dont want them to have automatic missle launchers and stuff like that. Maybe a gun to lay down cover fire, but it should be hard to shoot while moving, also, hard to spot targets while on the move.

I think if done right people could really enjoy this new aspect. Just because it may be in more arcadish games doesnt mean it will bring the same element to this one. If you keep an open mind I believe that you will see that this COULD really benefit the gameplay, especially on bigger maps.

I think vehicles should be implemented, especially ground and water vehicles. Especially for the enemy to use because armies use all sorts of vehicles! Different cars for civilians gives the game more versatility, and allowing players to drive them also adds to it, within reason.

Dear god no.

You don't want vehicles in GR2?

For insertion, yes.

For support (by AI), yes.

But for driving, nah, that would kill the need for stealth in GR IMO.

Just Imagine Me putting some HE right down His throat as He motors towards Us - BOOM / BUH BYE...

The Noisier the Enemy is the easier He will be to Kill. We will be as well but You'd think that You'd deploy Your Squad out of the Vehicles at a point that would be safe to do so. You'd then Stage up and Move out for the Short Hump to Objective.

- Or -

Fast-Rope and Insert near the Objective by Helo.

If the follow-on Title doesn't have at least these Basic Elements about Squad-based Combat in It - I'm not sure If I can say I'll support It.

I was looking for those Elements when "GR1" got started. Get to "GR2" and they're still not Included. Hmmm - You know what I'm gonna say next right ?

;)

Regards,

I am in a military clan/org. and I represent them and allies. We are 180 members strong and we do play the battlefield series. We all pretty much agree that what Ghost Recon shouldnt be is a game based on vehicles and then a shooter game. Ubi already stated that anyways in its official release or at least suggested it that it WILL hold its TRADITION in a simulation SHOOTER game. I play Raven Shield for its realism, although with its host of bugs and exploits it is the best thing available for a simulation (hell you cannot jump 8 feet and do 360 spread fire) so it works for us. We loved Ghost Recon because it offered us something the other games do not, a tactical military shooter simulation. What we would hate to see is UBI and RedStorm trying to make yet another Massively Vehicle Rick game. The market is already spread thin with Soldner, Joint Operations, BattleField 1942, Battlefield Vietnam, Desert Combat, and other games to be announced. I would hate to use the prestige of Ghost Recon to dwell in a genre its not. Keep its tradition and bring us that tactical simulation us military and police official love.

This post is unedited but I wanted to make a quick point.

Aaron..

So then what will be Different in GR2.

New Missions - Yay.

New Guns - Yay.

New Maps - Yay.

Bigger Maps ( That I'll have to run across for 30 Minutes in order to get to the OB ) - Yay.

Hmm - Seems as if I already have most of that with GR1.

:wall:

Owell - We'll just have to see...

Regards,

lmao. ok right.... i was against having Vehicles before in GR, But now i dont see it as making the game bad. Special forces ue Vehicles, air support etc.. aslong as its not Secret operations...

Im in the BETA 2 testing phase for Joint Operations, and its the BEST gaming experience i have ever been involved in , Team work just comes automaticly. we Co-ordinate Attacks from air. sea and foot, I give me team airSupport, Transport vehicles to my Front Line Troops, Yesterday i played a game 35 vs 35 . it was crazy. Felt like a proper all out war !.

Vehicles do not give ur opposition a disadvatage at all. I was basicly A pilot throught yesterdays game, taking off in my heli and then flying a full load of Troops out to their destination under heavy fire from the ground, getting hit right and left no matter where i turned. It put me in a position where i was responsible for atleast 8 of my troops Dying if i didnt get that heli on the ground fast!, it felt like it gave me a responsibility in the game ( a Role to play ) and i had to achieve my goal in order to help my team advance, I was bringing heavy amor vehicles aswell to the front lines in big transport heli's

But as far and being more immersed in action . " join operations " have got it right with the Vehicles this time.. it just works soo great.

and its not like you have to have maps in every MAP!, only large maps.

A lot of people in MAY will love this game

www.novaworld.com

Edited by whoa182

I'm in Full and Utter Agreement with You. The Role of getting the Troops there is just as difficult as actually doing the Fighting. Its this type of Total Immersion that I've wanted for so long and J.O. so readily provides It.

A Total Combat Scenario...

Sincerely,

Some say that the ghost shouldnt have vehicles because they're ghost and vehicles will give up their position. Imagine this. No vehicles, two teams online on a "sniper map", both teams are trying to stealthly sneak up on each other. Where the hell is the action? It seems to me that most of the time playing would be sitting around waiting. To me that is not that much fun. When there is a respawn game how bad does it suck to get killed and have to hike the hole damn map (not to mention the maps are going to be even bigger!) Vehicles for transport IMO is very much needed! Say you're hidding out and you spot a vehicle of troops and you happened to pick a missle launcher, if you hit that truck you just got a bunch of kills or... you see where the troops are going, report their position and then set up an ambush. Vehicles dont necesarily have to have advantages only!

If GR 2 doesnt have Vehicles, well i dont know if i will get it,

IMHO alot of fans will be thinking along the same lines. And in the stores the casual buyer will pick up two games, and when he sees that one doesn't have driveble vehicles and one does, he will put back the one without.

It's because due to the nature of how the Ghosts operate, vehicles would be loud and cumbersome. Whereas the Ghosts are trained to be ground stealth, evading the enemy and all that.

:thumbsup:

For insertion, yes.

For support (by AI), yes.

But for driving, nah, that would kill the need for stealth in GR IMO.

thats what i missed in gr1. you start somewhere without knowing how you got there. weird me thinks. :lol:

vehicles do add some aspects to any game, but imo gr2 isn't the type of game that would gain from implementing vehicles. you would get a game similar to "battlefield 1942/vietnam" of "opf".

i don't wanna see gr2 gi in that direction.... :ph34r:

i think your missing the point.

When we play multi player, its not the same as playing single player. we are not going into a jungle to get terrorists or something or a small army.

Multiplayer will probably include vehicles are it will bring the game more to life. At the moment GR action bores me compared to " joint ops ". now i have experienced a full out war game , i like it , but i hate the bf series....

I just been playing JO for 8 hours straight :S , ive never done that with a game before lol.

We all got to know each other and it was mostly the same ppl in the server. We Setup Convoys , gave each other Airsupport, Usually id be standing by with blackhawk to Extract and Insert Troops when needed.

when a plan comes together after all that planning it really feels better than just getting the odd kill every 10 min like sometimes u do in GR.

We litrually took 1 base from every angal and ambushed 10+ troops. We tore through villages with the convoy.

great fun, when it comes out id recommmend spending sometime to get into it. When i first played it i was like what the hell . its boring, But as the days go on , it gets bettter and better because it mostly depends on the people you are playing with ... its not the game.

When u have a good team work this game can be so much fun .

So bottom line. This is how i expect GR2 to be, Total immersed into the action and actually feel like you are in a WAR,

i think your missing the point.

When we play multi player, its not the same as playing single player. we are not going into a jungle to get terrorists or something or a small army.

gr2 will not be a massively multiplayer online game. gr1 imo focussed on singleplayer. the multiplayer-part based on the singleplayermissions.

in gr1 there could play 16 people co-op and 32 adverserial. i do not see, why gr2 should be different from that.

At the moment GR action bores me compared to " joint ops ". now i have experienced a full out war game , i like it , but i hate the bf series....

i think you're missing the point. gr2 has nothing to do with a "full war sim". it's just about a small group of highly trained soldiers. they do not need vehicles for troop-transportation for example. the group is too small, the aim is being stealthy.

when you look at the packaging of gr or the add-ons you will notice the following slogan: "swift, silent, invisible".

for me, that leaves no room for trucks, tanks or else.

and btw: thats what i expect of gr2: the same experience of gr1 taken to a higher level. no more and no less. :yes:

I am against driving vehciles like tanks and choppers. But trucks or Humvees would be ok. I don't care about driving but I do care about interaction with vehicles. I would like to be able to use 50 cal. MG's on a Humvee or something like that. Be able to shoot from vehicles. Stuff like that. Just shouldn't be unreal like driving tanks or choppers when it takes special training to drive or fly those.

Oh yeah. I would also like to be able to go airborne. HALO jumps and fast rope rapel. Also I would like to see diving missions. Green Berets choose either HALO school or dive school. Some choose both.

Vehicles I think should be in GR2.

Land:

HUMVEE

(Non-playable/interactable)

M1A2

M2 Bradley

Air:

Black Hawk

C-130 or what ever they use for HALO

Chinook

(Non-playable/interactable)

AH-64

I forget the name but it is the gunship that gives airsupport for certain SF missions

Sea:

Zodiac

PBR

Edited by Matt03