XM8 weapons mod.

SnowFella

The anticipation is killing me, but as long as it's not a dead mod, I know it's worth the wait.

@Snowfella: When this mod is out, can i put it in Realism Update? (Don't worry about the credits) I already have a mini-mod "XM8 for RU", which consists of XM8 from White-Skull Valley, but as this one seems more detailed, I'd love to put it in place of the mini-mod, or more preferably, in the next release of RU (1.0c).

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to still anyones ideas here i started working on these weapons 2 weeks ago and even conisdered putting them in gr.

but theyr not done yet. :D and importing takes no time.

:rocky:

*edit* if you read before the edit i thought this was the other m8 thread.

Edited by Prozac360

@Bloodline: be very strange if these ones are more detailed than what the XM8's in White Skull Valley is as it is the very same models ;)

And I hate to say it but unless I in some magic way get my hands on some free time there probably won't be any XM8 LSW's or XM8/XM320 combo's in the near future, got 4 projects in the making and they are taking absolutely all my free time.

@Bloodline: be very strange if these ones are more detailed than what the XM8's in White Skull Valley is as it is the very same models  ;)

And I hate to say it but unless I in some magic way get my hands on some free time there probably won't be any XM8 LSW's or XM8/XM320 combo's in the near future, got 4 projects in the making and they are taking absolutely all my free time.

Funny -- that means the mod is already out! I have access (i.e. deleyt's permission) to WSV's weapons (including their sounds), and I just recently released a mini mod for RU called "XM8 for RU". I have to admit that the name is quite misleading, as u dont really need RU to make it functional. The mini-mod is not final yet (coz I didn't include usp and mp5, which I now regret), so there'll be another release coming up very soon. Anyone who wants to try it out can download it LINK REMOVED, material used with out consent of Original Creator.

Edited by Chems

Deleyt doesnt have the right to allow people to use the models in his mod which were donated to him. My M16, Snows M8, and Projectiles weapons are all still our intellectual property which we allowe DELEYT to use but didnt give the right for him to pass it around.

@Snow Id pm deleyt and check up on this, I think theres probably been a misunderstand hes too much of a nice guy to do something like this. Specially seen as he knew that you wanted to do an XM8 mod.

What I have to say about it....well then.

First of all let's not turn this little thing in to a circus! I know D well enough to know that it more than likely just is a missunderstanding and I'm not going to start accusing anyone over anything!

If the models had been included in the Realism mod I would of said go for it but as they are in a standalone mod (without my name to it...yup, the little bit of ego that I have is talking here) I'd prefer it to be made unawailabe for the time being, untill I can make my mind up on the situation.

I didn't state that I was ###### off about the fact that the models made it into a stand alone mod, all I said is that I wasn't a 100% exstatic over the fact. This shouldn't be so hard to understand as I originally had intended to make an XM8 mod, something that later turned into a HK mod. The HK mod, as a total weaponry mod is currently very much on a hold but the XM8's and other HK models that I have made will be released in another GR project to be revelead within weeks by myself.

Snow

OK, here's the deal. How much of an interest is there in these perticular XM8 models?? If there is enough interest I'll quickly do up the missing versions (XM8/XM320 combo, XM8 LSW, XM8 compact and XM8 compact with the collapsible stock) and release them as a standalone mod. Probably be to replace the original M16's and M4's.

Lets hear it guys....how many of you wants them???

Snow

I take that as a yes...lol

I acctually already started making the remaining versions yesterday and mesh vise both the compact and LSW are already mostly done. For the Sharpshooter (that already is modeled Ogre ;) ) I'll add on the new 4x scope and bipod. I've also got a highpoly AG36 already done that I can cut some polys off and turn into an XM320.

With any luck I'll have the models done later on today and can texture them quickly in the morning. :rocky:

@Lancer....and I know where you work! :P That Pm cracked me up btw, just what I needed after a long day at work :thumbsup:

Snow, you KNOW I will be in line for the XM8 mods, having taken a sneak-peek at your first set. Benefits of SWEBAT. If anyone out there is wondering how they will look with Snow's custom textures; be warned! You will have to settle for GR2-killer levels of artwork and modeling. RSE should hire him.