M1A/M14 Tactical RIS

Thumper1518

It's neither a McMillan stock nor is it in -A4 configuration. The -A4 is on the M40 and M24 sniper rifles and doesn't feature a pistol grip. The stock you see is one from a real M14 ('nam era probably, but still extant) of unknown manufacture. McMillan's tactical stock (they call it the M2A stock) is similar in outline, but is not the only stock in town.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SC: sorry if I seemed curt, you caught me on a bad day. I certainly did not mean any disrespect.

Anyway, just have to put the installer together, which should wind up around 2.8Mb for the update. I will still tweak some files a bit but It will be out by Friday.

when 7.62 first came out I downloaded it, but haven't had any luck using it. I've just got an icon and every time I click on it, I get the message that windows cannot open the file without knowing where it came from or some schmang like that. Anybody feel like clueing me in on how I make it happen. It doesn't seem to have an installer file at all in the download I have. :sheep:

@SC: sorry if I seemed curt, you caught me on a bad day.  I certainly did not mean any disrespect. 

No apology necessary bud, I knew what you meant. Teaches me to confirm my statements about specifics before I post. It's quite humbling to be made to look like an idiot every once in awhile :D

I wanted to refer to the M2A but mistakenly called it the A4. I think what threw me was the adjustable cheekrest. I just assumed you were trying to go with the Marine DMR look. Your model does resemble the M14A1 stock.

m14rifle.jpg

And, again, thanks a ton for taking the time out of your schedule to make this. We really appreciate it. :yes:

Edited by Suicide Commando

when 7.62 first came out I downloaded it, but haven't had any luck using it.  I've just got an icon and every time I click on it, I get the message that windows cannot open the file without knowing where it came from or some schmang like that.  Anybody feel like clueing me in on how I make it happen.  It doesn't seem to have an installer file at all in the download I have.

You need to go to Download.com and download WinRAR shareware or WinACE limited use shareware to open the file. They are better archiving programs than WinZIP and both can open .ace archive files. Once you have one of those installed, you should be fine, it even has shell extensions for right-click menu commands for file creation/extraction.

@ SC: Thanks for finding the correct designation for the M14 variant, I could not find it except in pictures without captions. I'll correct the strings.txt file for v2.0 when I get around to some other weapons that are floating in my head. For now, SWEBAT calls...

:D

I love this mod.

One shot, One kill says it all.

On another note, I think I may have found a few things that need to be fixed (gasp! shock! horror!). The USMC M40a3 and the Tubb 2000 don't zoom in with mouse wheel (have to use the key) and the FN SPRa5-SD is invisible (all but its barrel end). I don't know if they are download errors or not. I'll uninstall and reinstall (and re-download) a few times to see if it is or isn't the problem.

Invisible gun pic (might I add the ultimate sniper rifle- invisible and silent :lol: )

Other then those problems I'm getting, this mod rocks. :D

:o= Yeah, These are the guns I've been waiting for. I'm very impressed. M14 has always been my favorite, and you've made some great models of it for GR. I'm especially impressed with the M14 SOPMOD. It's sweet. Congratulations on some fine work. And thanks for advice on the WinRAR. It's opened up a few other problem files I'd encountered. Keep up the great moddin.

Hey, I know this is kinda trivial, but I was wondering if anyone else here would like to see the ghosts actually use the front tactical grips on when they have a rifle with them. I'm not sure If it's a technical thing that will make them look silly with normal guns, or if you can edit for specific weapons. I just hate seeing the guy next to me with a tight looking weapon with an extra grip attached, that he isn't using. Anyway, that's not a new thing. I don't think I've ever seen a guy modeled using both grips. But it would be cool. :stupid:

Technicly it is possible swifty, without even changing the helper points for the lefthand placement too. All you have to do is create a custom character with its lefthand rotated 90 degrees, that way it will appear as if its holding the vertical handgrip.

Only has one drawback though, that caracter will only hold weapons with a vertical handgrip properly. His left hand will appear rotated 90 degrees to far holding pistols or any weapon without the handgrip.

and there you have it....

Some operators I know (not the telephone kind) use the vertical foregrip as a hand-stop as they hold the fore-end of the weapon, so their hands are farther down the fore-end than they would be using the magazine or magazine well as the handstop. I suppose they could be concerned with dislodging the magazine, which would create ammo feeding problems. They generally teach not to use the magazine as a means of controlling the weapon.

They generally teach not to use the magazine as a means of controlling the weapon.

Top Tip: Stops armourers tracking you down and beating you to death.

Holding the mag, Hollywood style, is a really good way of inducing a stoppage when firing.