M1A/M14 Tactical RIS

Thumper1518

@Whisper44:

I have re-done the DSA SA58's slightly. The Mini-OSW (a 11-inch version of the FAL with a RIS) version will now sport the ATN ultrasight and Surefire M900. The SA58 21" Bull will have either the Aimpoint CompM2 or the Leupold combat sight, depending on whether it is the Rifleman or Support version. All of the receivers on the SA58's have the rail, and the OSW's have the RIS.

I also re-did the SR-47's to address their HUGE original texture. The models have been tweaked a touch and re-done.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to illustrate some points I made:

ThW_SR47set1.jpg

The re-done SR-47's

ThW_SA58set1.jpg

The re-done DSA SA58's

Working on some other items, might need to put out a list of what is being done. The big changes are to certain sub-models (sights and scopes) to have them use smaller or better textures instead of larger ones. I've learned so much since I started modding, mostly thanks to GR.net and the modders who have willingly shared their tricks, tips and (constructive) criticism of my work.

Oh! I forgot to mention: I have re-done the Troy SOPMOD so it comes in a non-SD version (3 really, for a total of 6 set-ups) and the MP5/10 has also been re-done, using the MP5a5 texture I made for SWEBAT as a start. I have also made this:

ThW_HK51set1.jpg

The HK51 7.62mm SMG! It will be in the hands of the Support guys. Close range deadly ROF and no 1-meter long weapons poking through walls to give you away!

Edited by Thumper1518

:drool::notworthy:

Not sure I'd want to go FA with that 51 though...got delicate skin and all of a sudden having a muzzle flash that size right infront of me might just give an instant tan! :unsure:

You might just get picked on by a mutual HK nut friend though mate...he's been preaching to me plenty a times now that HK never really made the 51, something US gunsmiths has thought up...lol

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to butt in here, guys, but had to say, loved Thumper's 7.62 and upgrade mods. Have one request to throw into the ring. How about an SA58 tactical carbine with rails, possibly with an ACOG or Leupold CQ/T, 30 round mag and suppressor? I personally prefer black, but there might be room for a camoed version. I'm envisioning it in my head and... <Homer drool> http://www.dsarms.com/images/stactical.jpg

Oh, what I think would be real sweet on that weapon is the full-length rail system with a foregrip rather than the version for the short gas system. I read an article some time ago in Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement that was covering the DSA TC and the pictures just looked awesome. In the pics the gun was wearing the CQ/T. Lusted after it immediately.

Edited by WP33

I've got the DSA SA58 Bull (their HBar) with the Leupold CQ/T and a 30-rd mag.  It is the full-length barrel (21") instead of 16"  I think you'll like what I made from the Bushmaster BAR-10 and the ARMS SIR system:

ThW_BAR10HW.jpg

Oh. My. God. That is gorgeous! And yes, I have used the Bulled SA58 from your mod quite a bit. Like it a lot. :o= But that BAR is just beautiful. Any plans on suppressing it at all? And, as Suicide Commando stated- what's the target on the release? Looking good, Thumper... :thumbsup:

Yes there will be suppressed versions of the THREE different BAR10's in the mod.

ThW_BAR10SDset.jpg

As for release date, I am finishing up the last three models, then I have some rsb work for the kits, and it'll be ready. I might send it to some of my playtesters to make sure it works OK before I release it. I hope in less that 1 month. I had to re-do every model except four to bring them up to snuff.