IL2 Sturmovik

Yodasplat

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been some interesting reading. I've always been a Microsoft combat flight sim guy. Personally I liked the sounds and flight dynamics much more than either of the 2 IL demos. CFS series also gave detailed rundown on plane's handling, such as 109 will drift left on take offs and ease into throttle. IL just seemed too much like arcade. Then I noticed the graphics on screens of water-it looked like water and it didn't put nearly the strain on my system like cfs3 does. Then I looked at screens linked by Yoda for FB, and will eagerly await a chance at its demo--will there be a demo Yoda?

Honestly I don't know if there's going to be a demo. I would think so, cause there was one for IL2... so logically Oleg will release one for FB as well.

Considering how nervous and famished for this game the fans are, if he doesn't release a demo, he will get lynched.

As far as comparison with CFS... I liked 1 and 2. They were the best, for their time. 3 ... it just plain sucked. Sorry. I happily removed 3 from my HD 3 days after I got IL2. Never will put it back. IL2 is the hardest, most realistic sim out there. Just ask Nightcrawler or WK how hard it is. Sometimes I think it's too realistic. And graphics... I fly at 1024 x 768 with everything turned on and my pc NEVER stuttered. In CFS3 I had to run 800x600 with detailed reduced to crap level or the game would just be a slideshow... it might have been my system, but then why would IL2 run so well on the EXACT SAME system? I think that MS let down the CFS fans with 3 (they surely let ME down).

Oleg won't. :rocky: can't wait to have the Dora... :D

Yoda, cfs 3 is a system hog, that's why it ran choppy. It definitely requires a top end system. I also uninstalled it, but will hold onto it for when I build my new rig, it should rock then. I agree MS wasn't very upfront with customers as to system demands of the game. I've done both IL demos, I know how the birds fly, still prefer cfs. Back on track though, I hope they release a FB demo because after getting cf3 without a demo try, I'll not purchase another game without being able to see how it plays first. The pics have caught my attention, I like what I see and I'll be waiting to try it out. In the meantime I'll read about you gents and your missions. Happy flying.

Me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me me

*ahem*

I'll be there :ph34r:

my CFS squad moved to IL2 but i cant play the game *damn graphics card* :wall: if any of u play CFS and your on the zone and u see 82nd_TeXaN2 thats me just give me a shout and we can play :P:hehe::P:hehe::P:hehe: me doing that double barrel roll :huh::o:( me throwing up from the double barrel roll

(Make memo to myself--never click on link by Yodasplat, could make life very expensive. Contemplates using cfs3 as trade in for FB.) That was some preview. Really has my attention now. They have made alot of adjustments to the game and it appears Oleg is much more in tune with upgrading product even after it's release unlike microsoft.

Woohoo, I finally shot down my first plane! In fact I shot down two and collided with a third! :D

Yes, I've owned the game since Christmas day but I was always pretty poor. So the past couple of days I've been playing virtually non-stop (uh, yes, I am in the middle of exams but... pfft, they can wait) and been getting progressively better.

I was flying the Bf-109 on all occasions so I guess I'll adopt that as my fighter of choice :rocky: The second one I shot down was a hairy experience - I flew right up behind him firing with everything I had and practically flew through him as he blew up. It left a gaping wound in my left wing but it was pretty impressive, if I do say so myself ;)

I'm free to play some MP this weekend Yoda, but preferably not too late on Sunday night (GMT); I've got my French exam the next morning.

i have CFS1 the best one.i won CFS3 i installed it even thou i knew it wouldnt run just to see what i could do with it.i got to the main menu screen but that was all i tried to launch it and it crashed.i will tell u this u try landing a corsair with a slight cross wind at at night with only 1/4 visibility landing on a carrier now that will get your heartbeat up.

i have CFS1 the best one.i won CFS3 i installed it even thou i knew it wouldnt run just to see what i could do with it.i got to the main menu screen but that was all i tried to launch it and it crashed.i will tell u this u try landing a corsair with a slight cross wind at at night with only 1/4 visibility landing on a carrier now that will get your heartbeat up.

If I remember correctly that was in CFS2 and IMO that was the best of the CFS series. 3 went down the drain IMO. Performance or not, the planes are just not as well modeled (both in 3D and in Physics) as they are in IL2.

I wish we could have a pacific theater with the IL2 engine ... :o I hope that's what Oleg is gonna do next!

Actually, I'm open to play from Tuesday afternoon onwards. My last exam is Tuesday so I'm free to fly and mod for the best part of a week :huh:

Me too, but wednesday evening for me :) Well I've no exams, that was over a Loooooooooong time ago, but I should have some more free time in the next few weeks

It's the number of planes I've shot down, don't get too worried (yet). ;) And by planes I mean some real dumb, rookie AI U-V-something-something-2. As you can see I'm quite the plane buff :rocky:

I hopped on a Ubi server today too and hit a real guy flying a Yak-9. Didn't kill him though :(

It's the number of planes I've shot down, don't get too worried (yet). ;) And by planes I mean some real dumb, rookie AI U-V-something-something-2. As you can see I'm quite the plane buff :rocky:

I hopped on a Ubi server today too and hit a real guy flying a Yak-9. Didn't kill him though :(

You did what to a a Yak 9????????

that's one beast of a plane.

What were you flying?