• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the screen shots and stats?

for today?

We didn't do anything.

T_1 showed up but his game wasn't patched and the patches are a total of 100MB

So he had to download them but it took a good hour by the time he got the patches my time had run out (errands to run and such).

Better luck next time... which is probably going to be tomorrow :)

So in the end me and T managed to get a server up and to play.

It was cool but we have to get used to it.

For one thing Teamspeak is a must.

Can't play without it. Can't take your hands off the joystick to type. I stalled and crashed at least 3 times cause I was busy typing.

Dogfights are fun but I wanna try co-op missions next time. Lots more planes to shoot down. In fact, before next time I will make missions (coop) for us .. simple and easy like: kill all the russians (or something similar). :D

The only picture I could take was this one of my plane:

grab011203-0.jpg

That ... wasn't done by T. It was done by the AA and flak over his base which were brutal. In 10 seconds they turned my beautiful Bf109 into swiss cheese...

THAT is a IL2 Sturmovik. The plane the game is based off ... which in my humble and modest opinion is a trashcan with wings.

Someone that likes dive bombing could be of a different opinion but I like to hunt :devil: so I am partial to the 109s ... the Yaks are pretty good too (Russians).

But this game is so hard that you gotta choose a plane and STICK to it. You can't possibly learn to fly all of them. The flight models are really a pain in the butt (as me and T can testify :devil: ).

Nice screenshots though Mike!! even the demo looks really good.

By the way, today I proved that I can HOST games!! so now it's going to be easy..

In the next day or two i want to try this again, only this time I will post the IP publicly, set up TEAMSPEAK with it so we can have a blast!

Me and Yoda had a good laugh (mostly at my expense :huh: ), but the game is amazing.

I've be practicing my air gunnery (which still sucks) but it's great fun, think i've found a plane I can handle, tho I've found my joystick might be faulty, as it keeps trying to roll to the right, makes lining up a shot a pain.

Maybe need to invest in a new stick, and with RvS getting delayed AGAIN, I might be in a position to buy FB after all

@Yoda, all those holes in your plane, I was MY AA, so I count those as my hits ;)

Me and Yoda had a good laugh (mostly at my expense :huh: ), but the game is amazing.

I've be practicing my air gunnery (which still sucks) but it's great fun, think i've found a plane I can handle, tho I've found my joystick might be faulty, as it keeps trying to roll to the right, makes lining up a shot a pain.

Maybe need to invest in a new stick, and with RvS getting delayed AGAIN, I might be in a position to buy FB after all

@Yoda, all those holes in your plane, I was MY AA, so I count those as my hits ;)

Roll to the right or to the left? if it's left that's normal. In fact your plane should try to roll to the left a lot especially when you increase power. that's momentum of the propellor + the air turbolence that creates as spiral vortex around the plane increasing lift on one wing and decreasing it on the other...

Or something like that.

One more thing: before practicing your gunnery, practice to manouver your plane at the limits of the stall envelope. Practice slices, split Ss, loops, scissors on your own. If you press "T" while in flight you will turn on your wing-smoke and you can keep track of your trajectory better during manouver practice.

Also! use the replays as much as you can! dogfight the AI, then go in the replay, press CTRL+F2 and watch yourself shoot at the enemy plane FROM the enemy plane itself. it's gonna be a lot easier to improve your aim by seeing if you shoot too high or too much to the left and so on...

what plane did you decide to go for by the way?

For now I am sticking to the Bf109-G2. When FB comes out I am going for the Bf109 K-4 ... best german hunter ever... :devil:

By the way WK... I see that you are going for german planes.. Fw190 huh? :D

@ SB - Tried recalibrating it, but no better :(

@Yoda - It pulls to the left, I'll be flying along sweet as a bird, and then weeeee into a 20 or 30 degree right turn. I'm sure it's my joystick thats the problem.

Game later tonight .... hmmmmmmm

Depends how much later depending on the time difference

As you can see I posted a players roster up here so that we know who's playing what.

I plan to get more into nascar when the time comes (and my life is a little less hectic).

This week it's been crazy at work. I left work at nine-ish for 4 days in a row and had lots of stuff to do at home. Hopefully tonight it won't be as bad.

I might be able to start a server at 8:30 PM EST. I will post here later on to confirm if I can make it or not. So far my schedule tonight doesn't look half as bad.

More quality flying time :ph34r:

Good stuff Yoda, the rest of you guys need to get into this, it's mucho fun-o.

Maybe the next Co-op game WE could try a little bombing :hehe:

I had the 3rd person view of those JU-87's dive bombing the convoy

OMG that was amazing :blink: