Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

well the seemingly erratic behaviour of the game has dumbfounded me yet again!

I've taken many steps to remove the crash, and it seems that the scripts may be to blame :huh: I created an empty mission and I was able to go through every nook and cranny of the map with no instance of a crash.

so while there is no way of going into red square on the actual mission I'll test on the empty mission instead.

Odd, odd, little game...

Mission 15 is almost fit for purpose. just got to re jig and replace some building textures, test, and re arrange if necessary. all in all it's looking alright, could do with some improvements, which will either be made today or tomorrow.

next thing on the list is Multiplayer maps then trees and then redundancy removal/required updates, before release of the GR+DS part of the mod on November 13th, so far chugging along well :)

the IT part will be released hopefully by Christmas however if i can get them all done by november 13th, then they will be released along with everything else

Edited by Zeealex

i'll be uploading the taster in about an hour ;)

if Mission 10 has really crazy lighting and sky, just remove all the darkmaps and the skybox textures.

Please only do this if you are an advanced Ghost recon user and/or modder.

the enhanced lighting helps you see the texture better anyway.

Be sure to know now that nothing is final, i've got a lot to go still but it'll be done by the deadline if i knuckle down ;)

Ugh, Dropbox has been on 3hours left for 3 hours! XD

Edited by Zeealex

Played through M15 and several other maps/missions and had no issues/crashes whatsoever. Looking good! Some of those new map textures are simply amazing and completely change the feel of a level! UI/Menu/HUD overhaul is a very nice touch that gives a fresh modern appearance overall. Hires character skins are beautiful! All in all an impressive effort that promises to give us fans a whole new GR. Kudos, young lady! Keep up the good work!

:thumbsup:

That screenshot makes me want to suggest a custom map/mission set in&around, say, a lab owned by Tesla that terrorists have taken over. :P

That way you get to use a lot of lightning!

Can you make GR black and white easily? You could have horrible 40's and 50's action/scifi movie spoof.(with lots of lightning)

Military rolls in to clear out invaders from Mars! Or they go to Mars to kick some alien butt.

Or both and make it a full expansion. :)

one more map and 115 tree files to do... :rolleyes:

then I've got to give it a good polishing and THEN i've got to sort out the extras folder with some goodies INCLUDING, but not limited to, high resolution Blackhawk S.T.R.I.K.E Vests, featured on the ghosts in the project. ;)

NEW SCREENSHOTS:

ScreenShot42-2.jpg

ScreenShot17-3.jpg

Edited by Zeealex