OK, I Give... What IS That?

OK, all throughout the SP campain, stuff will just randomly explode, up to and including entire buildings. THis is usually punctuated with "Huh, What is that?" from one of the AI chumps. On my second run through of the game, and there is just no explination for the random explosions (amongst other glaring plot holes). I want to know, what the heck IS it? They don't seem to be connected to the zommies flybys, I don't hear any artillery, nor is any talked about on the narcom. Certainly no tanks about (most of the time). I know its a rather small thing to get worked up about but its just rubbing me the wrong way.

Well, I figured out its scripted, and set off by what different paths you take (you can never actually be hit by it, I've tried).

As far as laughter, nope never heard any laughter, and it gets more prominent in the final missions after you've destroyed Gaurd Rail 9.

It's war, man. Look overhead. There are F22's and gunships overflying the area all the time. It could be from that. There's also tons of AA in all parts of the city, so it could be errant shells. It could be artillery support from Ontiveros' men, or even from coalition forces. I think the intention is for you to feel the chaos that is a hot zone, so your experience is more fluid and real. It's not just about hearing incoming, but seeing it too.

Besides, it's just plain fun to see s--t blowing up to the left and right of you. These guys are special forces. They do this stuff because they get a rush out of it!! That also might explain why my SAW gunner is always laughing.

It's war, man. Look overhead. There are F22's and gunships overflying the area all the time. It could be from that. There's also tons of AA in all parts of the city, so it could be errant shells. It could be artillery support from Ontiveros' men, or even from coalition forces. I think the intention is for you to feel the chaos that is a hot zone, so your experience is more fluid and real. It's not just about hearing incoming, but seeing it too.

Besides, it's just plain fun to see s--t blowing up to the left and right of you. These guys are special forces. They do this stuff because they get a rush out of it!! That also might explain why my SAW gunner is always laughing.

First, those are F-15's... I have yet to see an F-22.

Second, I always figured it was artillary or mortars.

First, those are F-15's... I have yet to see an F-22.

Second, I always figured it was artillary or mortars.

Oops, you're right. doh!

Edited by moakes2783

Well, I figured out its scripted, and set off by what different paths you take (you can never actually be hit by it, I've tried)

I have been hit by random explosions and been sent flying high in the sky. But there is no fall damage. Its fun to do. Its happens alot in the 3rd mission I believe it is. *havent playing the game in 3 weeks cause my videocard died :(* But the one were you have to get c4 and blow up the bunkers. When you first start, if you run quickly, sometimes the AA missiles that fire at the f-15's will miss, and in the right spot, it will fall and hit you and up you go. Also in the last mission if you run once you get out of the APC to the last set of bushes, you will be hit by the random explotions. Have done that one a couple of times too. :ph34r:

Yeah, the geeza with the devil laughter! what that all about? ontiveros? or the insider? there is a video feed telling the ghosts of a possible inside job?. I keep playing the game to find out what rely is going on, but i get too wrapped up in the street fights to concentrate on the video feeds, ha.