The first Flash-Bangs in GR?

Tollen

Just wanted to bragg some :rolleyes:

As it is right now, I have completed a .prj file for Noise-/Flash Devices, otherwise known as Flash-Bangs, and these puppies will be featured in my and SnowFellas SWEBAT 2005 MOD.

They work just great and they have a tremendous effect on any unlucky SOB that´s get ´em handed to him without the pin!

Is this a GR-MOD first or have any one featured these before?

Edited by Tollen

Nice job!Would be great to see what kind of effect the flashbang has.

How does the effect take place? White flash? Cut sound?..or maybe something else?

Would be great in a mission if they work on AI aswell....like a hostage-rescue.

:thumbsup:

Edited by |rsi|™deleyt

OK.

It´s causing damage´s allright...

They are almost guaranteed to damage one arm, a leg and the head, resulting in a tango that only are able to spray and pray, or try to limp away...

This is good enough for a rapid entry through a defended doorway and during the beta test´s that I´ve runned with a pair friends of mine, these things works well in MP to, even if a regular frag might be better then.

Any how, these things, using some skill and tactics, gives any user a much needed edge that is requiered in some of our missions where hostages are involved and you just can´t frag the doorway.

So NMM was first... damn!

And I´m sorry to have dissapointed you guys.

Edited by Tollen

now that we are talking about flashbangs,it got me thinking. would it be possible to make something like tear-gas grenades which would produce a lot of smoke and would scare off any tango's without hurting them?

Edited by swartsz

No, not even that. No whiteouts and nothing else really then a injury effect that basicly stuns you and as with real flash-bangs, you sieze this window of oppurtunity and resolve the situation.

This stuff works, and that was pretty much my only requirement when I started my experiments.

Back to the Batman Cave I guess :wall:

Edited by Tollen

You can make a type of stun by reducing the damage effect of standard frags. No flash tho just the usual explosion and you will get injured by them.

SoAF had the mechanism for stunnies but they never patched it over to GR :wall:

Nishi had them many moons ago Tollen, sorry mate.

*sticks tounge out. Ive got a flash bang in GR and have done ever since I had max. It doesnt do ANY damage and works on AI and MP games and was really cool. Got there way before ya! Good job any way. If you want my prj file PM me.

flashbang.JPG

Yeah thats right he taught me everything I know! Yer right, that flash bang, guess who helped me and really made 3dsm clear to me? BJB. He just talked me through it on MSN. Pyro was an un helpfull little git! lol. Jk. He was really helpful and had the patience of a saint. Im not sure I could put up with such a noobie asking me such a slew of Qs. oh well. I might be able to repay him and teach him a thing or too. Actually pyro. IN a movie thread you spoke of making one for 6 months and that it had props like Vehicles weps etc. Mind showing the vcls?

Actually pyro. IN a movie thread you spoke of making one for 6 months and that it had props like Vehicles weps etc. Mind showing the vcls?

Yes! I mean... no I wouldn't mind.

In fact I can't wait to show off my latest creation. :devil:

... Soon the time will be right.

Back to the topic.

There have been flashbangs in GR already. NMM had flashbangs, I was working on some for Red Sun before I left the project. It's been done and done again, and the idea never really caught on, because they're just not really reliable in GR's engine. They have to cause damage to work in GR, so they don't really work for HRT missions, because hostages are more easily injured than armored foes.

My version, the one Tollens got has no kill power and will not hurt anyone. It does work for HRT cause the AI scatters. And in MP the effect makes it so that you dive for cover anyway.

@Tollen, stick at it m8!

Yeah, they scatter, but, if they don't see it, it won't affect them. There's no lingering 'stunned' effect, like there would be if they were slightly wounded. Nonetheless, it was, and is, a nifty idea. Too bad RSE never patched GR to be able to use NFD's.