ICQ and Enter

Stinger

Because ICQ wants to be different? As long as I can remember (and ICQ was my first IM client) they've always used enter as another return line. Everyone is looking to fill a niche, and I guess theirs is long IMs. :)

Trillian changed the default setting so that Return sent the message instead of taking a new line ala ICQ - that annoyed me no-end, and other people too apparantly because there is a setting in Trillian that will restore the Return to the ICQ default of taking a new line.

With ICQ I either hit the send button, or Alt S.

If you use return to send a message, how are you making new paragraphs, or are your messages very short or one long line?

Trillian changed the default setting so that Return sent the message instead of taking a new line ala ICQ - that annoyed me no-end, and other people too apparantly because there is a setting in Trillian that will restore the Return to the ICQ default of taking a new line.

With ICQ I either hit the send button, or Alt S.

If you use return to send a message, how are you making new paragraphs, or are your messages very short or one long line?

Well I wish it were like aim. Enter to send the msg and if your msg gets to big for one line it carries the word down to another.

In MSN if you do shift + enter it will let you return to make paragraphs. :yes: Not sure if it is the same keystrokes for AIM. :unsure:

ICQ is the reason I use Trillian. ICQ gave me a virus years ago and I never touched it. But lots of people I know use it, so I had to get it. That stupid flaw makes me stop using the actual program... that and "uh-oh"

I tend to feel uncomfortable when using TS with strangers, could be me.. but for normal chat, I'd rather type.

I still stand by my opinion of MSN Messenger is the only messenger that anyone needs. :D Especially v6, wow. :D

I got so ticked at MSN messenger I deleted it off the PC permanantly.

You feel uncomfortable talking to strangers on TS, how the hell do you answer your telephone? Oh you probably use the ole caller ID right? And don't answer unless you know them. Must be an age thing. LOL :P;)

You feel uncomfortable talking to strangers on TS, how the hell do you answer your telephone? Oh you probably use the ole caller ID right? And don't answer unless you know them. Must be an age thing. LOL :P;)

Well, it's a little more akward on TS then answering the phone. And there's no worse crutch than Caller ID; I'm glad I don't waste the cash on it. However, Call Waiting is a dream. :D

Well, it's a little more akward on TS then answering the phone. And there's no worse crutch than Caller ID; I'm glad I don't waste the cash on it. However, Call Waiting is a dream. :D

You earn enough to pay the phone bill???

Technically I could. :D The family pays... if we want to get literal about it. :D