Wildlands Closed Beta - Press Release

We'll likely see some quality of life features implemented post-launch and of course the usual bug fixes.

Not sure about how they'll go about doing DLC. They're planning on making two expansions that are included with the season pass and we have little to no details about them (but that's expected). 

Far Cry Primal did get a survival mode of sorts in a content update so the possibility of there being a tactical realism game mode implemented post-launch may actually become a reality. Provided they balance the game around it, of course.

Honestly, I think cosmetics might be their cashcow if they wanted to fund continued development of the game. It doesn't actually affect gameplay so it's kind of safe. I might actually even pay for them if it expands the pitifully small selection of vests and plate carriers.

(Like, seriously, the only Crye products we get are the Multicam variants, shirt, and pants. You'd think the Ghosts would have access to JPCs, AVSs and CAGEs being a Tier 1 unit and all. Did JSOC decide to cut their budget? Might explain the 20-round PMAG they get.)

• Like 1

Omg revelation. If I turn off minimap then the drone allows recon but zero onscreen hints. Also means you will never see the little red glowing indicators as you travel through the region, you'll never know where the hostiles are. That annoyed me getting that indicator of approaching a hostile town. I like!

Edited by Lightspeed
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, NightCrawler said:
1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I have to 1080 Easy and was getting 60-70 FPS on the beta with everything on high. I did see some slowdown though, even though fraps was reporting 50-60 fps, so not sure what was happening there.

Game looked stunning.

EasyCo you're going to love the new vid card, are you getting the 1070 or 1080?

I bought the 1070. :)

• Like 1

On 2/4/2017 at 10:17, =SEALZ=MATRIX said:

However, I still wish they would take all the eye candy from this game an apply it to the Original Ghost Recon and then re-release it.  That would be worth more than $60.

Awesome.....that would be absolutely epic Related image  

6 hours ago, Lightspeed said:

Not sure if you're the same group but there seems to be a posse of OGR players forming up at Ground Branch. And Burner here too.

What are the details on the Ground Branch group? What time and day do you usually play? What mods do you use?

6 hours ago, Burner said:

What are the details on the Ground Branch group? What time and day do you usually play? What mods do you use?

Right now we are looking at this Saturday. Zee is picking the mods and time has yet to be set.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 12:05, EasyCo said:

Right now we are looking at this Saturday. Zee is picking the mods and time has yet to be set.

On 2/8/2017 at 06:03, Burner said:

This time around we use HU. AI overhaul being big reason, plus all the content obviously.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4-2-2017 at 11:40, Lowlandernam said:

No code here yet...........

Does anyone have problems with logging in to their Ubiplay account.  I do, the log in page behaves very irregular, sometimes it accepts my PW but cant get past the captcha, sometimes it does'nt. I changed my PW - same result.

Got the invitation for the Wildlands open beta, followed the links (still the same log_in crap) and  got :

THE GAME IS NOW YOURS

YOU CAN FIND YOUR NEW GAME IN YOUR UPLAY PC GAMES LIBRARY

Switched to Uplay and ..........NOTHING - NADA - NOPE - NJET - NICHTS - RIEN etc......

Retried again and again ...........NOTHING

I am done with Ubicrap !