Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

Wow epic, ambitions project Alex! I always thought it would be cool of someone attempted something like this; now I'll actually get to see it! This will probably be something a lot of future GRO Mod Talent will want to use for their mods as well; with your permission of course!

Very impressive work so far!

:zorro:

Edited by 101459

It's really looking nice, congratulations Alex! :clapping:

"Novo" means "new" in portuguese, so I guess that was you intention.

(So, I see you got Earl's concession for the use of Standard Upgrade. I wonder if that extends to Vympel, so you can upgrade the OpFor equipment too :fingersx:)

thanks Operative!

Novo also means revive in latin, so same intentions really yeah ;)

yep! got an email from him this morning. i already had permission to use vympel in an incomplete mod, i was wondering if you could transfer it over to this one, as i have faith in it's completion ;)

you know that retextured T72 i did not long ago? well i found some RSE errors in the texture and i couldn't find a way of fixing them, so! i took a look in Blakop's OPFOR vehicle pack and plucked out the T72b vcl and model files from there and re-jigged my old T72 texture a little (i have checked and texture alteration/changing is fine)

now it's this:

ScreenShot20-2.jpg

All creds to blakarion for the models

Edited by Zeealex

haha! thanks Riley.

It's up for a vote.

what i was trying to do was make it more like a menu, and less like a video camera filming a guy in the middle of a war torn city and you were getting the stats in realtime, if you get me.

Edited by Zeealex

The re-texturing will be of:

Desert Siege SP and MP maps.

Desert Siege Character Skins.

Im very ineterested in this specific re-texturing job, will you provide high-res skins for desert siege characters ?

Edited by thales100

Yes, all skins for characters, including the OPFOR will be high resolution with new vests and comouflage, the woodland skins I have at the moment are high res ;)

They will also be added to a seperate mod that is the skins for the ghosts and OPFOR only, so those who do not want to download the already heavy file with the retextured everything (nearly a gig and I've only done 4 maps) There will be several packs with different ghost camouflages, including A-TACS, ACU, BDU and Pencott camos so people can choose the camouflage to suit their preference.

Edited by Zeealex

okie dokie Thales! Wombat50's just given a big hand in the Desert siege re-texture side, god bless him! i'll post some screenies sometime this week it is an AMAZING job!

I'm a little too tired to get anything texture-wise done today, but i may have some A-TACS and Multicam skins for you to check out with OPFOR as well Provided i get the time tomorrow

EDIT: over 2,000 views in 2 weeks :blink: farrk!

Edited by Zeealex