Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

Zeealex

Thanks Wombat never thought of doing that.

That Texture is exclusive to that map, however i may use the same textures throughout after a while of decision making.

@Riley, I hear you! i'll be starting up a poll do you can make your vote soon ;)

@Thales brilliant! thanks :thumbsup:

force4x.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have Catalyst 12.4 on my Radeon card.

If you go to the Gaming Tab of the Catalyst, it offers you various settings to force on your game.

Pictures should help what I used.

When your happy with your setting, at the top it ask what profile=game, just search for the game application and name it.

It it help another gamer, I wouldnt mind the Read Me

Edited by Cpl Ledanek

Retexture of the T72

ScreenShot3-2.jpg

A single image was used for this apart from the original texture as reference and it was this:

steel-texture.jpg

and that was used as an overlay to make the tank look less clean and smooth.

the rest was a hell of a load of Bevel and emboss and the vanderlee Camouflage filter.

i have spent all day, since i got back from my exam this morning on this and it still doesn't look right! :P

hope you like it anyway ;)

Edited by Zeealex

Mission 2 is ready just compressing the files to 7z archive.

What you can expect.

The Night Vision has been updated with Raster lines and more realistic noise.

The Updated HUD for those who didn't get it in the mission 1 thread.

The Re-textured Map, this WILL include the Day version (requires Desert Siege)

The Lightning_flash.rsb now WORKS and to a decent extent.

Known errors.

There is a lighting error on the night farm, that is not my doing and it is one of the reasons why i would have liked to relight the maps, however i cannot due to wine limitations, which sucks :P

Edited by Zeealex

Just a little heads-up, Alex. In case you haven't noticed, you made the front page news with this project of yours. :)

Haha! yes i did it was an excellent source of motivation! your interview was Righteous, loved every answer you gave and some very interesting comments overall ;)

it's not a competition Riley :thumbsup: remember, community spirit! :D

Edited by Zeealex

The reskinning job you've done is fantastic, there's no doubt how much of a mammoth undertaking that would've been. It reminds me of the origins of the Falcon 4.0 Benchmark Sim mod (BMS) project that updated Falcon 4.0 to what it is now. Video is below

Will the character and map models be tessellated/subdivided to have more rounded edges? The low poly count of the models, especially with the maps, betray the quality of your hard work to some degree. It would be a huge plus if a 3D modeler got onboard the project to remodel all the poly's and smooth them out to compliment the texturing effort you've made.

The reskinning job you've done is fantastic, there's no doubt how much of a mammoth undertaking that would've been. It reminds me of the origins of the Falcon 4.0 Benchmark Sim mod (BMS) project that updated Falcon 4.0 to what it is now. Video is below

Will the character and map models be tessellated/subdivided to have more rounded edges? The low poly count of the models, especially with the maps, betray the quality of your hard work to some degree. It would be a huge plus if a 3D modeler got onboard the project to remodel all the poly's and smooth them out to compliment the texturing effort you've made.

Thanks Shadowblade! that BMS mod looks awesome!

stop me if I'm not getting you here. but if you have an ATi(AMD) or an Nvidia dedicated graphics card in your PC, there will be a file with the instructions on how to force Anti-Aliasing (edge smoothing) throughout the game, this should hopefully increase the graphic quality of the game, thanks to Thales100 and Cpl Ledanek for sharing how to do this.

All textures using an Alpha channel will also have their alpha channel smoothed out to get rid of the clearly visible pixelated edges.

I also would love it if a 3d modeller got involved, but as I understand remodelling maps is a lot of time and effort and it's time most people don't have these days unfortunately.

@wombat, i think don't quote me, you can import the RSE files into 3dsmax, never used it though, i remember you could import 3ds into Google Sketchup though.

Edited by Zeealex

okay i've set up my HUD's colours to be all blue.

here is the Hex input for your Options.xml if you wish to get a full blue HUD blends a bit better than then Yellow reticle.

R:128

G:223

B:255

which is this colour:

80dfff.png

ingame:

screenshot_2_by_zeealex-d53yyhf.jpg

screenshot_by_zeealex-d53yy91.jpg

Reticle re-texture has begun as you can see. as well as NPC re-texturing, but I'll have to show you them later Photobucket has glitched on me and wont let me login, again!

Zeealex, Shadowblade isn't talking about anti-aliasing, but about the 'sharp corners' that many of the old models have. Look at the terrain images in your last post - you can see it there. It's also apparent in almost any character image. The question, I think, is whether the original models can be replaced or overridden with others that have the same effective dimensions, but use a higher polygon count so that the models' corners and edges are smoother/more rounded.

- Gache

yeah, i just figured that one in RRbridge where one of the rock faces is just a HUGE polygon :P sorry for the misunderstanding. it would be great if the maps could be smoothed out, but like i said it's time most people don't have these days

Edited by Zeealex