ghost recon future soldier pics

zeealice

from the concept pics,what impression (apart from the obvious) do you get about the new game.

you can share any images you have here or maybe just talk its up to you.

i finally finished my pic of the evolution of gr, not very good though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48913823@N06/...in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48913823@N06/4478970794/

hopefully it works

forgot to say you can use the pictures but sorry credit has to be given i doubt you would want to use my bunch of rubbish anyway

a new one has been done if you wish to have a look feel free to criticise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48913823@N06/4484377292/

Edited by zeealice

• 2 weeks later...

zeealice...have a favor to ask...a little project...if you're not too busy...can you help?

...and speaking of pics...check out the news page. Some nice new ones. Clean and crisp.

23566_107919522578027_100000799381191_73581_4006135_n.jpg

23566_107920105911302_100000799381191_73584_6392400_n.jpg

I'm guessing with a waterproof antenna and a gas capsule for waterdiving...we might beat GOW3 to some underwater combat (for those that haven't heard, Gears of War 3 is supposed to have some underwater levels)

Throw in a submarine and I might just pee myself.

don't understand why they choose the 5.56 bullets since there stopping power is low, the uranium bullets are useless...only gives better penetration. and there is no need for that. u only shoot holes with it..... why not 6.8? 50% increased range and stopping power......

Posted my analysis of the concept art...or at least some of them. http://tinyurl.com/y57oojv

Nice analysis :thumbsup:

Regarding the last two photos:

Helmet Assembly:

Tactical Optronic: The "Thermonight" (presumably a merger of image intensified and thermal imagery) is quite real. Xray [sic] vision is about as real as the $4.99 "X-RAY GLASSES" that still pop up in novelty bins now and then, i.e. not at all.

"Magnetic vision" is not really plausible, but some form of visual representation of magnetic sensor data would be. As long as there are no magnetic or electromagnetic objects near the sensor... While magnetic sensors are very practical for hunting submarines - and a wide range of civilian applications - what makes them so important as to be standard equipment for the Ghosts eludes me.

Also, given the size of the "gas capsule", future soldiers apparently have extremely small lungs.

MR-B Rifle:

The use of high density projectiles as standard assault rifle ammo is rather dubious, but let's be generous and call it plausible. One gets the impression that the main purpose of uranium bullets is that "uranium" sounds cool.

The "disruptor" shotgun is (presumably) part of a detachable under-barrel assembly, has having a door breaching/less-than-lethal-munition-firing shotgun as standard attachment would be a bit silly. Especially considering the alternatives, such as a grenade launcher, or just a lighter rifle.

The titanium hook ("titanium" is such a cool word, isn't it? And what about that "hook" eh?) is, for lack of a better description, the Battlefield-games universal wrench duct-taped to a rifle. Having the character wiggle some kind of gadget (or just his hands) in front of him to perform an action (repair equipment, defuse bomb, lockpick door, plant bug etc.) is a tried and trusted gameplay abstraction that has been used in a wide range of games, including most Rainbow Six games, the Battlefield series and many others. Most gamers (including me) seem fine with it. I'm at a loss as to why it has to be mounted on the weapon though.

Projecting a holographic image (in this case an aiming reticule) onto thin air is entirely plausible, and has in fact already been done: A thin sheet of hot air (no pun intended, well, maybe a little bit) can indeed act as a screen for a holographic image; mounting an air pump on a rifle is, of course, another matter.

Edited by krise madsen

Zeealice - yeah...my first impression was it was going to be Air Force 1...I don't know my planes like Dirites does...but I assumed since it wasn't painted anything Air Force 1 then it wasn't. Who knows though.

@Krise - LOVED your post. Made me LOL. It is getting a bit tricky to write these blogs and summaries with a straight face. When I saw Uranium 5.56 bullets...I thought to myself...OMG the guys in the forum are going to go crazy over this.

@Krise - LOVED your post. Made me LOL. It is getting a bit tricky to write these blogs and summaries with a straight face. When I saw Uranium 5.56 bullets...I thought to myself...OMG the guys in the forum are going to go crazy over this.

This shows how far Ubi has moved from solid gameplay to true fantasy in it's games. It is one thing to be set in the near future and have a plausible plot line like they did with GR, but completely different set some 20 or more years in the future with stuff that may or may not be in the US military inventory (and most likely will not be) and using ammo that hasn't even been in development for small arms use.

Zeealice - yeah...my first impression was it was going to be Air Force 1...I don't know my planes like Dirites does...but I assumed since it wasn't painted anything Air Force 1 then it wasn't. Who knows though.

c5_crash_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

im guessing that was set up or something

The crashed aircraft? It was a real C-5 crash at Dover AFB in 2006.

From Wikipedia:

Aircraft 84-0059 (C-5B) crashed after an in-flight emergency involving an indication that a thrust reverser was not locked. On 3 April 2006, the aircraft, assigned to the 436th Airlift Wing and flown by a reserve crew from the 709th Airlift Squadron, 512th Airlift Wing crashed about 2,000 ft (610 m) short of runway 32, while attempting a heavyweight emergency landing at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware. The airplane, carrying 17 people, had taken off from Dover about 21 minutes earlier and reported an in-flight emergency (number 2 engine thrust reverser not locked indication) 10 minutes into the flight. All 17 aboard survived, 15 with no injuries, 2 with serious. The Air Force's accident investigation concluded the crash was a result of human error, most notably the determination that the crew kept one of the functioning engines in flight idle while manipulating the throttle of the (dead) number 2 engine as if it was still running, while having the number 3 engine at idle, an error that was further amplified by the crew's decision to use a high flap setting that increased drag beyond normal 2 engine performance capabilities.[81] The forward fuselage will be converted into a C-5 AMP avionics test bed, and the rest of the airframe has been scrapped.

LMAO, electronic this and electronic that. Highly vulnerable to EMP. One EMP device will be able to disable all of their equipment. Wait, maybe that's the point - the end 'boss' on the game spams a seemingly unlimited supply EMP grenades at the player. Of course, this 'boss' immune as he has 100% EMP shielding technology. But come on, some rifle that looks like a bullpup version of the Bolter rifles (ahem, carbines) from the WH40k universe.... so where's the power armour for the Ghosts?

^

You don't need to hold it, it engages independently...plus it transforms into a troop transport, so you don't have to carry it either.

Hey, did anyone else notice that they are still using a Harris Bipod in the 24th century? Who knew.

23566_107919522578027_100000799381191_73581_4006135_n.jpg

zorg.jpg

TheHomer.jpg

Could it be.....? Same designer separated at birth?

Actually, some elements of that weapon look nice, but it's like they just threw everything on it they could. No place for the rocket launcher...so, ahhhh, just put it on the shoulder.