Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

On 03/07/2018 at 19:42, Jack Wachter said:

So some of the PvP game modes have weird scoring. Mainly play with Siege and Hamburger Hill gamemodes using AI backup.

Siege: killing the defense team doesn't result in an automatic victory for the attacking team according to the game. It would also be interesting to have the time needed to secure the defense extended from 5 seconds to around 15-30 seconds. This would transform the game into more of a "take and hold" situation. Not sure how it works with 3 or 4 opposing teams, but a way to decide a winner would be to get points for each kill so that in the event the defense team is killed, the attacking team that inflicted the most damage is rewarded.

Hamburger Hill: as is (at least in 1 team vs 1 team), I could take control of the point for 1 second and suicide my team and still "win." Perhaps adding points for each kill would make things interesting. Something like 10-20 points a kill (each second controlling the hill is 1 point). This would introduce a dynamic that killing the enemy could result in a win unless that enemy has controlled the hill long enough and inflicted enough damage to make up for dying.

Seems the common thread here is to make the lives of your team members matter more. Could also introduce a loss of points for each death on your team (not sure if possible). Thinking probably make that value less than getting a kill would. Just some ideas to put out there.

Thanks for bringing this up. It will be addressed shortly. There was actually another bug in MP Solo / Co-Op games that needed fixing, too.

On 13/08/2018 at 00:51, wombat50 said:

Minor bug with the 3Ca1 and 3Ca1SD sniper rifle.
I have my binds set to zoom with my mouse scroll wheel, I think the default is 'R' on the KB.
The 3Ca1 and SD will zoom with the R key but not the scroll wheel unlike most weapons that have a zoom. 

Settings in the gun file look like this:
    <ZoomSettings>
        <Zoom>1.0</Zoom>
        <Zoom>10.0</Zoom>

</ZoomSettings>

With this change in settings the scroll wheel works for zooming.
    <ZoomSettings>
        <Zoom>1.0</Zoom>
        <Zoom>10.0</Zoom>
        <Zoom>10.0</Zoom>
    </ZoomSettings>

Another minor detail with this kit, 10a-oicwke-oicwhe.kit.
Using it in  a custom .kil file. It is assigned 54 gl rounds and 200 rds for the rifle.
When switching from gl back to rifle there are no rounds left in the magazine an a reload is required. 

That is not a bug. For weapon optics with fixed magnification the continuous zoom function (e.g. via scroll wheel) is intentionally disabled.

Will have to check the OICW, never noticed this. Thanks, Wombat.

• Like 1

On 16/04/2019 at 07:09, jdc733 said:

So, it seems that i can play any "mission" gamemode in single player, and ever since i deactivated the mod to play some vanilla ghost recon (after having loads of trouble getting the game to run after that), now with the mod installed again, i cant play any other gamemode except for "mission". I'm trying to load a firefight on the training map for example, and whenever i confirm that to go to the briefing screen, the game just crashes back to my desktop. Any help?

Update: the "misson" gamemodes will load to the breifing screen, but will crash when i go to my team selection. the only ones that work are the vanilla missions. ive tried uninstalling all dlc, deleting their respective files, and reinstalling them, also reinstalling vanilla ghost recon and heroes unleashed, still no fix.

Delete the contents of the „Ghost Recon/Data/Temp“ folder, as well as any „save“ folders in active mods („Ghost Recon/Mods/*/save“).  This will be addressed in more detail shortly.

On 28/02/2019 at 06:03, MiracleWhips said:

Hey awesome mod! Been playing with about 10 people each Friday and it works great. 

Is it possible to add capture the flag? Or does anyone have a standalone download for CTF? We've had to go back to HX5 to play CTF. 

Thanks, mate. I‘ll have a look at implementing CTF. GR is somewhat limited for this, so it won‘t be perfect, but it should be doable in a... satisfactory manner. 🙂

On 13/08/2018 at 00:51, wombat50 said:

Another minor detail with this kit, 10a-oicwke-oicwhe.kit.

Using it in  a custom .kil file. It is assigned 54 gl rounds and 200 rds for the rifle.
When switching from gl back to rifle there are no rounds left in the magazine an a reload is required. 

Wombat, I cannot reproduce this issue. OICW KE/HE combo works fine here, no vanishing ammo when switching from GL to rifle or vice versa. That custom kit file you use may have a syntax error.

• Like 1

It is an odd issue. That so far is the only HU kit I have seen do that.

We still play co-op most Sundays. I will ask the rest of the guys if they are interested in testing.
A list of what to focus on would be best. Does it matter if it is a dedicated server or not?

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

Thanks, good to hear, Wombat. It‘ll be a least a „few“ more weeks, though. Dedi doesn‘t matter, but there’s e.g. some adversarial Solo and Team games to look at, if you guys are interested.

Jack, if you‘d like I‘ll give you early access, too. Some minor changes „under the hood“ you may want to look at, for your mods that require / work with HU.

• Like 1

We will happily test the co-op but none of us are keen on adversarial.
No hard feelings if that counts us out.
I got them to commit to a couple Sunday sessions which run about 4 hours each time.
May be up for more but we will see.

• Thanks 1

So BTW, if anyone noticed any remaining bugs in HU v1.0.1, now would be a good time to give me a heads up by posting them here. I already fixed the erroneous „Demo equipped“ message (missions and game types), as well as that missing trigger for one of the sites in Domination (game types). Also found a wrong texture entry in one of the map models. MP Solo/Team scoring and ending/winning conditions will be fixed, too. May have forgotten some things.

• Like 1

Meanwhile I don‘t want to spoil any surprise, but I can already tell you that the next HU will extract, install, and load / start up a whole lot faster than before (in spite of being bigger). 🙂

• Like 1

That's sounds, intriguing and awesome at the same time.

As an aside, you probably are not too active on reddit if I am guessing correctly, but you should know that there's hardly a mention of Ghost Recon without HU getting some love, all the time!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ApexMods said:

Meanwhile I don‘t want to spoil any surprise, but I can already tell you that the next HU will extract, install, and load / start up a whole lot faster than before (in spite of being bigger). 🙂

welcome back old friend! missed you ❤️

Glad to hear you're still working on HU!

• Like 1

On 18/06/2020 at 00:32, Rocky said:

That's sounds, intriguing and awesome at the same time.

As an aside, you probably are not too active on reddit if I am guessing correctly, but you should know that there's hardly a mention of Ghost Recon without HU getting some love, all the time!

Lol, you guessed right. Nowadays, my online activity is basically zero, with the sole exception being right here at GR.net.  Nice to hear HU gets mentioned out there.

On 18/06/2020 at 16:16, Zeealex said:

welcome back old friend! missed you ❤️

Glad to hear you're still working on HU!

Thanks, girl. Good to be back. Missed you too. 😘

Of course I’m working on HU. Others do sudoku, crosswords, puzzles to relax... I just spent a couple of weeks of spare time on rebuilding a single map. 🤪

• Like 2

On 21/06/2020 at 07:09, ApexMods said:

Thanks, girl. Good to be back. Missed you too. 😘

Of course I’m working on HU. Others do sudoku, crosswords, puzzles to relax... I just spent a couple of weeks of spare time on rebuilding a single map. 🤪

Big vibes! I've spent the last two weeks analysing game footage in comparison with satellite data of Mexico City, and now I'm acquiring some LIDAR equipment for a different, more interesting project to keep me busy for the next year or so

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeealex said:

Big vibes! I've spent the last two weeks analysing game footage in comparison with satellite data of Mexico City, and now I'm acquiring some LIDAR equipment for a different, more interesting project to keep me busy for the next year or so

Busy bee. How about setting some time aside for a couple of new GR character models? We need your leet skillz, babe! 😎

• Like 1

So, I‘ve been playing around with full 2k resolution retexturing of HU maps. The good news is that GR handles it just fine, even with some maps pushing 2+ GB level texture size.

Food for thought: Fully retexturing all maps would explode mod size to somewhere between 300 and 600 GB, and video memory requirements go up to around 4 GB. If the same 2k texturing is done for effects, characters, equipment, etc. we‘d be pushing into Terabyte territory for installed size and 8+ GB GDDR.

Food for thought: Fully retexturing all maps would explode mod size to somewhere between 300 and 600 GB, and video memory requirements go up to around 4 GB. If the same 2k texturing is done for effects, characters, equipment, etc. we‘d be pushing into Terabyte territory for installed size and 8+ GB GDDR.

I go out on a limb here and guess that anything of that kind of size is going to be a non-starter for most gamers. Even if they had that kind of space for a game, it would be at the expense of several other games that could occupy that same space.

If it's feasible, and I'm guessing it's not due to shared textures, I would have recommended that the high res textures were applied to one map / one mission to test it out before committing to the entire game...?

LOL, don‘t worry, Rocky. We‘re not there yet. The next HU will probably be a little bigger, but not to those insane levels, and for now it can still be played with relatively humble system requirements.