Fallout 3

Rocky

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fallout 3 is kindof the GRAW(360/ps3) of the fallout franchise. It lacks the depth of the originals, it sold out for a 'kiddy' console market, any real fallout fan can't really call it a true sequel to the classic, award winning franchise... Yet it's an incredibly good game, and easy to recommend. Keep in mind it's definitely an rpg, not a shooter, even though it controls like one.

Fallout 3 is getting such great reviews, as a gamer, I feel I really have to try it out!

Yeah, same here, the more great things keep reading about and seeing game video the more I'm inclined to get it

even though I don't particularly enjoy "horror shooter" type games this seems to have enough different elements to be fun

as to DRM

For Fallout 3’s copy protection on PC, we use the same security model as we did for Oblivion - a simple disc check.

We only use SecuRom’s disc check functionality for copy protection.

We do NOT limit the number of installs.

We do NOT use online authentication or any other SecuROM functionality except for a disc check when you install the game and when you launch the game.

We do not install any other programs and we don’t have anything that runs in the background while you’re playing the game.

there is a support thread on their forums > For those who have Securom Issues, Read this

Cool, I will check that out. Game defaulted to Good settings, and ran really well - so after a while I restarted with it on Ultra (as I read reviews say the PC version looked most impressive).

I have to say, this game just about has to be the most scalable PC title I have ever seen. There are so many graphics options, it's extremely impressive.

I want to get it but 50$ is alot of money and I dont wanna get burned like I did with a certain other game and not be able to play it while it gathers dust on my desk. On the other hand if its scalable it sounds like it might play well.

I love the whole free-roam thing, but I read once you finish it, the game ends (no more free roaming).

I love the whole free-roam thing, but I read once you finish it, the game ends (no more free roaming).

I think there would be a fair bit of replay value in this game, it's so open you could go about things in a variety of ways.

Just a word of warning to anyone playing *SPOILERS*

Unlike Oblivion you cannot continue the game after the main quest so I recommend making a game save before the last main quest, completing the game if you like, then reloading the save you made to roam around and complete things.

I got this (rather my brother bought it) on PS3 and have REALLY enjoyed it. I find that it oddly feels like stalker (to me at least) but very slightly like oblivion. I As usual with rpgs, I find the dialog to be kind of shallow, but it is entirely bearable (somewhat encouraging to move on with quests).

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like a good enough game, although I disagree with the fact that you can bludgeon women to death with various weapons like sledgehammers in this game.

She was askin' for it...

LOVE this game! Like the STALKER titles, it kinda makes the post-nuclear wasteland seem... fun...

And if you're like me, and you like to EXPLORE vast maps, you'll find almost endless value in this one. I just discovered a wrecked alien spaceship (no, I'm NOT kidding) with one HELLA-COOL gun and a spaceman corpse. I've got a supermutant sidekick. I picked the lock to the OTHER half of the carrier that is now Rivet City. I've gotten into all 6 other vaults. I've seen real trees (Three Dog's jet experiments clearly did NOT alter his memories...). Oh, and that's just the beginning of my adventures! I'm gonna get elected to the Presidency of the Republic of (currently) Dave. I'm gonna overthrow the Brotherhood of Steel. I'm gonna find out what to do with those launch codes for that missile up North. I'm gonna get my freak on with Amata.

OK, maybe not that last bit. But you get the picture. The replay value of this game is tremendous. There are SO many cool things to find and do. Like the Gary's- you don't have to discover them by any means, nor do you have to confront Allistair Tenpenny. None of it. But you CAN, and it's quite interesting. And until I've collected ALL of the bobbleheads, I'll not finish the game again...

And if you're like me, and you like to EXPLORE vast maps, you'll find almost endless value in this one. I just discovered a wrecked alien spaceship (no, I'm NOT kidding) with one HELLA-COOL gun and a spaceman corpse. I've got a supermutant sidekick. I picked the lock to the OTHER half of the carrier that is now Rivet City. I've gotten into all 6 other vaults. I've seen real trees (Three Dog's jet experiments clearly did NOT alter his memories...). Oh, and that's just the beginning of my adventures! I'm gonna get elected to the Presidency of the Republic of (currently) Dave. I'm gonna overthrow the Brotherhood of Steel. I'm gonna find out what to do with those launch codes for that missile up North. I'm gonna get my freak on with Amata.

Thanks! I've been needing some incentive to put Company of Heroes aside for a while and concentrate on F3, and you've providied it! It was the kinda detailed manual that was putting me off, but I am raring to go again now!

Whatever it takes, I'm here for ya! ;)

Like, if you ever figure out what the numerous SatCom arrays up in the NorthWest are for, that'd be super. Or maybe go badguy and make cool with Al. Tenpenny, Mr. Burke, and their crowd. Or the one mission on which I gave up hope- finding someone to whom to deliver the letter from whatshername in Megaton. Just to find out why there are all those (not scorched or destroyed) pre-war books laying around, or all that pre-war money (still can't figure out the point in that). Ah, everything has a purpose. If you can't eat radscorpion poison glands, you have to do SOMETHING with them... ;)

This game is so awesome...

I really hope it's not this one

HAHAHAHAHAHA...

Ha...

No, not one of those. Screenie to follow shortly...

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/jay.../aliencraft.jpg

You'll notice just to the left of what appears to be the cockpit, you can more or less make out the disgusting-green-head-in-a-fish-bowl alien. Well, part of him and his space suit, anyhow.

The radiation there at the craft is HIGH, but not nearly as HIGH as what's nearby...

And there you'll find the alien blaster with +/- 100 rounds of ammo. TRUST ME, it's the bomb-pimp-dizzniggity gun for that final raid on Project Purity- somehow, the Enclave soldiers just can't seem to withstand it's might! A must for any serious wanderer of the Capitol Wasteland...

Yeah, I stumbled upon that wreck also. The Alien Blaster is awesome, but it's hard to find ammo for it...unless you use the console of course... :whistle:

Anyway, I've been looking around for some unique weapons for a while and I've found several good ones. I'm using the Xuanlong(sp?) (Chinese Assault Rifle), Vengeance (Gatling Laser), and Lincoln's Repeater (Hunting Rifle that uses .44 magnum rounds). Lincoln's Repeater has an uncanny ability to get 1-shot-kill headshots nearly all the time.

If you're looking for Vengeance, you'd better be good at fighting Deathclaws. Oh, and if you're into Big Guns, getting Linden's Outcast Power Armor would be a good idea also.