bp weapons pack v1.45

Brettzies

bp weapons pack v1.47 - FileFront link

bp weapons pack v1.47 - Moddb link

This is not so much of a new version as it is a reworking of attachment id#s to see if I can get it to work in multiplayer modes online, which it does now. The single player portion should function exactly the same as v1.41.

For multiplayer, I renumbered the attachments and tried to keep as many of the original weapons as possible. However, since there are only 32 available, I had to make some cuts. Unfortunately, I had to get rid of the M8, Mrc, M416, and M99.

I've been cursious to try this and see if it helps, but didn't want to get deep into cutting things out, axeing kits, reordring the numbers. However, someone actually wanted to put up a dedicated server with this mod, so I figured I'd at least give it a shot. It's very difficult to test because the problem with the attachments is only visible during mp online mode, and sometimes hard to get in touch with people to try out.

Installation is the same, just unzip to your Graw2 dir and it will overwrite your context.xml. As this is a mod for online play, it uses the mod bundle method, which I think is pretty important if this is going to be something someone can use on a dedicated server.

Edited by Brettzies

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like v1.45 failed miserably. Each time you tried to join a server, you would crash as soon as you selected a kit. However, RipFire and I were able to try a few things out on the fly and actually got it to work after a few mod_id fixes and adjustments. Special thanks to RipFire for having the patience to edit xmls and try a few things. Turns out using "0" was a bad idea. Works fine in sp or creating your own server but not if you try to connect to someone. I thought it might work because 0-31 is 32 slots a multiple of 16. 8bit, 16bit, 32bit, etc.? Well, it didn't. So, there are 31 available mod_id#s available for attachments.

I'm uploading v1.46 now which is bundled. Should work fine as it's virtually the same as what RipFire and I came up with, but we'll give it another run through later just to make sure. I have to say, it was pretty satisfying to actually see the weapons working in mp finally. Even the m203 worked.

As I mentioned before, some weapons had to be removed because there weren't enough attachment ids open. So here is what is available in mp:

Assault Rifles:

Rx4

ScarL

ScarH

G36c

G36k

M4

M16

M468

Sig552(added as secondary to some kits)

Shotgun:

M1014

MachineGuns:

Mk48

M240

Hk21e

Sniper Rifles:

M14

Msg90

Mk12

Smgs:

Mp5sd

Mp5a4

Pistols:

M9

Glock

Mk45

Mk23

Sp and CampaignMp should give you the same loadouts as v1.41, ie everything, but if you are trying Campaign MP, I'm guessing you'll have a lot of strange looking stuff happen with the Mrc, M8, M416, and Barrett sniper rifle.

See the first post for a link to v1.46

Edited by Brettzies

Nice to see you got it working in MP. :D

And you got the bundle working. Some people are still having problems with mod bundles not being found or not using all the files, that I can't explain. We'll see what comes out of feedback from this mod.

Yes, it's nice to see it finally work in mp. Though, we had to unbundle to make edits on the fly, so I can't be sure yet how the bundle version will do. Bundled v1.4 worked fine in MP(pre1.05 patch) except for the attachments. But the game wouldn't crash, unless you picked the m203.

Ripfire had some problems setting up a dedicated server with the mod bundle at the same time. He stopped working on it so we could test the mod. Hopefully he can figure that out. Running a local server should be fine though.

Edited by Brettzies

hey brettzies

any chance you could work on the the tut on how to change the camo please?

Well, I haven't had time to do it and there doesn't seem to be that much interest in it. The ones who were interested like Seiko just figured it out on their own. I mean, it's pretty much just painting over textures.

New version 1.47 is available as well. This is a bundle plus local for the sounds. I was able to join a dedicated server running this without any issues. Though, we only spent a short time so there still could be unforeseen problems.

On a side note, the bundle has been reduced from 120megs to 87megs, which is more inline with the total size of all the files for the mod. Turns out when I was bundling, the sound and movie dirs, which are the largest combine for 50megs, were also getting bundled. I thought only the data dir got bundled, but everything inside the folder was bundled, doubling the sound and movie dir and ballooning the bundle size. :dunce:

MrNothing, you may want to search for a thread called "switching out player models".

What I've got is the mex_sf_heavy bodies on my Ghosts, with the headgear and most of the other kit from Brettzies pack. You wont have the black vest and gear anymore, however. Mine have a dark OD green vest with pouches the colour of the camo swatch. The other catch is that you will have them show up as enemies in the small cross-com window in the upper left, but not on the main screen. note that Brettzies boonie hat and ballcap are not re coloured by the swatch.

Also, if anyone likes British desert DPM, give me a yell. Thats what I use as a skin.

Hope I could be of some help.

Archer.

hmmm

well

is it ok if you could send a tut only to me so i could change it cause i really wanna know how to change it lol

Not is too difficult to change ghost_sf texture. I made a woodland test for ghost and us_marines thanks to brett and wolfsong guides. You can work in mex_sf_textures and then save whit dds plugins. Be carefully whit image's size (2048 x 1024) and whit brigth and contrast. I work in photoshop, i only copy and past material`s camo.

graw22008030400035190lq3.png

graw22008030323205285eb1.png

graw22008030100341379uw7.png

Edited by seiken05

thanks brettzies, i enjoy your mod and great job you've done.

i do get some ctd's with various maps,

most are bullit weapon.dsf related, though that was 1.46 and now going to try 1.47, if you want i could post the logs,

but overall thanks for this great mod, it helps a lot especially the rework on the ghosts is great, makes it feel a little more "real" and i am just so inlove with the m468

thanks brettzies, i enjoy your mod and great job you've done.

i do get some ctd's with various maps,

most are bullit weapon.dsf related, though that was 1.46 and now going to try 1.47, if you want i could post the logs,

but overall thanks for this great mod, it helps a lot especially the rework on the ghosts is great, makes it feel a little more "real" and i am just so inlove with the m468

Glad you like it. Are the crashes in mp or sp? Are the maps user made or from the game? Possible crashes could be caused by something I missed in a level.xml refrencing a weapon attachment I might have switched. Sp shouldn't really be a problem though. If it's a user made map on mp and calling for a weapon attachment that got renumbered, that could cause a crash.

i played coop online with a friend and we had different maps, stock and custom, some were perfect, others were not, timber crashed on the client side with a bullitweapon.dsf and once i had an rpg.dsf crash,

and saw that the rpg had a mrc gl atatchment on it.

most of the times it is when near the end or when lots of enemies are around, sometimes when joining a running game, and when using a mounted .50

we figured out that client was rpg.dsf and when host gets on the .50 stationairy it gives bullitweapon.dsf.

but it happens on all kinds of maps, and have a random feel to it, sometimes it feels like you just are not allowed to get a certain weapon

on coop-snipers an ai was near with an RPG and it gave rpg.dsf ctd.

while othertimes it happens when chosing it yourself or the host gets it.

i do not know if it is because of your mod, but these increase a lot when running your mod.

i'll try to document it more detailed so it gets a little more clear.

You know, it could be the mrc GL on the RPG. I didn't want to take that off because it's in the original coop_template:

<xdefine name="coop_kit_demo_13()">  <!-- Special for coop_mission ogr_quarry-->

<weapon_unit name="rpg7" clips="2" gui_slot="1">

<mod name="crye_grenade_launcher" clips="4"/>

</weapon_unit>

<weapon_unit name="m8_compact" clips="4" gui_slot="2">

<mod name="m8_combatsight"/>

</weapon_unit>

</xdefine>

I have no idea why it's on there, but it is out of the "range" of safe attachments at this point.

well

if you can teach me how to change it that would be very greatful

but

if im stilling having trouble

could i ask if you could make a marpat for me ?

and

the woodland looks really nice >< wish i had good skills

Sorry for answer you too late. You can find ghost_sf textures in textures folder. Look in brettzies mods folder. If you send me a email, i can send you my camo. I would like post it in downloads but i don´t know how do it. I want to know that gamers think about it (i did tree woodlands camo, two for ghost and one for marines) My camos are no perfect, it´s have some details yet, but maybe it can help to you. Give me your mail please :)

hey i sent you an email either you got it or not

anyways its renegadelead@hotmail.com

thanks =)

and also your skins looks really nice keep up the good work since i think your like the only one that knows how to do it

and if you can, could i send you a camo and you could skin the ghosts cause i dont know how to do it well lol ><

Edited by MrNothing

Crash in application version: 30899.3048

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\weapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\extensions\huskinventory.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskonfoot.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

got this on coop_timber weapon could be chosen but then on the bliep bliep bliep of mission start it ctd'd

weapon kit chosen was sniper 8

data\lib\units\types\weapons\rpg.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK:

data\lib\script_network\weapon.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\mods_human\huskonfoot.dsf(0)

data\lib\units\types\beings\humanhusk.dsf(0)

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

on coop quarry. just after we entered the entrance after taking out the car and passing it towards the quarry

Edited by sui317

this was all client side (my side) and the host was not encountering these problems... the rpg does also give hickups when chosing it as a player,

i'll try to reinstall the whole game and have a clean version.

btw, on coop_defend the park it does not have a problem, (as a note to custom maps)

data\lib\units\types\weapons\bulletweapon.dsf(-1): cant find member: addon_data in type <Unit>

on coop quarry. just after we entered the entrance after taking out the car and passing it towards the quarry

Try this zip file. Just extract it to your graw2 install dir. It should add the lib folder with the coop_templates in it. All players will have to have it for it to work since it overides the bundle. It just removes the mrc GL from the rpg. Not sure why it's on there in the first place. Let me know if it helps.

http://files.filefront.com/rpgfixzip/;9780039;/fileinfo.html