Friday Nights Cod4 Game Information

Rocky

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a blast tonight. Thnx for everyone`s patience with the odd TK there. :shifty: Notes: Not a single Frag issue. :D

Is there possibilities of adding new objectives? Kill other teams tanks and so? Can the AI work with a team, and, who is modding.

:devil:

So... I had a hell of a time figuring out how to join a server via IP with a password. Can someone educate me? Granted, I tried to join about 3 hours too late, but I figured it was worth a shot - had to go buy a new pair of eyes out of town, bleh... ended up looking for a new desk for the apartment.

Ruin

After you click join you will see internet top centre, click on it till you see favourites, look top right for New favourite and click on it. A pop up window will appear requesting an IP, type 74.86.116.136:28966. Bottom centre of screen you will see Password click on it and type rocky in the pop up. Refresh and join.

Tinker

Due to my limited abilities the next thing we will be adding will be a custom map. One of my favourites is village. I will probably add it to the cycle next week. I will only feed in maps and mods into this server very slowly as I dont want to scare people away with too many downloads. If you have seen a map or mod you like feel free to let us know about it.

Ruin, as Zeno said the favourite list is what you need to set up.

The way I like to join for quickness is xfire. Floyd for one always has it on so I just click on his name then click the console pad button at the bottom right of the xfire window, enter the password when prompted, and bang, that's you in game.

My xfire is rocky00grnet

Sweet. Good deal, thanks everyone! Got Rocky and Custard added. Also got the server added in CoD. Hopefully I won't miss you guys again next weekend! That's at 1600 here, so it tends to be an odd time of day not to be doing something.

Xfire is the best way.

However, if you want to enter the IP and password via the console:

-enable console in COD4 options

- bring up the console by hitting the ` key (left of the 1 key)

-type:

/connect yourIP;password yourpassword

-spaces are necessary where indicated.

-hit enter.

I have used this method to join the [NH] COD4 server.

Otherwise, I use Xfire.

Tinker

Due to my limited abilities the next thing we will be adding will be a custom map. One of my favourites is village. I will probably add it to the cycle next week. I will only feed in maps and mods into this server very slowly as I dont want to scare people away with too many downloads. If you have seen a map or mod you like feel free to let us know about it.

If you already have them uploaded, feel free to send me a PM with any links i can grab in my spare time.

Thnx

:)

Tinker

If you already have them uploaded, feel free to send me a PM with any links i can grab in my spare time.

Thnx

:)

Tinker if you have XP use this map pack, ~SPARTA~ mappack

It's 736MB but it has all the maps and the mod folder (spartamod1)

kram2006 is my xfire. Nick - Krambo~SPARTA~

alot of us are on xfire if you need help with the map pack etc

Also if you have any issues regarding being stuck in spectator mode after the map download we can sort this aswell. Seems to happen 2 some people.

I have put a custom map into the map cycle. It is village by Paulo88 it will be tdm. Many people have this map already, if not you can download our mappack set out in Floyds post above, or you can auto dowload it. which can be really fast or sometimes the speed can suck.

I tried to get on your Mods and Rockers server last night, but every time with about 8 seconds remaining on the mp_village_night.iwd download, I would CTD and try after try resulted in failure.

I did get the larger Map Pack though, it'll be interesting to try them all out later on. :)

The web download is inconsistent, yesterday one guy was dowloading at nearly 700kbps and another guy was scraping along at 40.

If you pop onto our TS I'll walk you through the map installation so you have no problems on Friday.

Cheers

zeno

Gotta pick up my sis up from school... the joys of being the older brother with the car. Might not be online early like I hoped. I'll be pushing it at around 1600. Assuming I haven't royally jacked something up (Which is completely possible) I should be looking at a smooth connection tonight. Actually gonna shut the PC down until then to let it cool off a bit.

guys/girls

Punkbuster is being a bit of a pain tonight/today and doesnt like auto updating itself.

This is easily solved and this I think is the simplest way.

Download pbsetup.exe from the following site.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

run it and select "add game" - select COD4 from the drop down menu

then click check for updates, apply updates and all should be sorted.

Thanks.

CU soon.

Edited by Krambo~SPARTA~