First Perspm Shooters GRAW2 ETC!

First Off I love The GRAW series and believe it to be a good game with some minor adjustments It has the makings of a Great Game. Taking what I have said into account then how come the servers are empty let me give a few OPINIONS follow this:

1.Cheaters are in everthing its just a part of life from sports,reading,studing,testing you name it.Someone has cheated or atleast attempted to cheat it. Everyone on this planet wishes they could cheat DEATH!!!!!!!!!

2.One way to curb cheating is to play with rules or someone you know and trust key word trust Like we all trust our mom and in most cases our fathers lol. Professional Sports had to control cheating, why do you think we have referee's?

3.The DEMOGRAPHICS of the PC gamer has changed greatly over the years and Kids can now be found in the PC community with ease.

4. Online gaming is not a level playing field for the most part if it where we would not have to worry about Ping. My upload is 768 your upload is 256 your closer to the server and have better ping is this cheating? NO! I have a fair chance of getting you as you have of getting me because of my internet connection.Someone on the other end in the same room as me, lives in the same state has an upload of 128 chances of him/her getting the kill is lowered with no cheating envolved.

5.Why is there different keyboards,gaming mouses,high and low end graphics gards,better cpu's,ram and of course the monitor 13" vs 23" what a difference LCD vs CRT: in someway or fashion someone has the edge is it cheating? NO!

6.Practice makes perfect some of us play the game for hours on end none stop, some play for a few hours, some for a few minutes. In this case the person who plays the most in most cases have the edge. Is this cheating? NO!

7. Hyperthetically Speaking I am 45 your 15 I kill you 60 times in a row you kill me 20 the younger mind in most cases would quickly call me a cheater its just part of the youngsters nature and immature state of mind to not understand I may be better them him.

8.Gaming Has become a pasttime similar to the likes of sports,tv,or going to the Movies. Like it or not its an important part of our lives, if it wasn't then why would we get upset when we loose or when someone is cheating?

9.GRAW1&2 is more of a simulation then any of the other games we tend to play, its sort of in a class of its own. While it gets a few things wrong I feel it gets a lot more right. Kit selection in the original Graw was spot on in my opinion and would have liked to see its return in 2, some say it created an unbalance I say otherwise.I like the limitations on the explosives which otherwise would ruin the game. I think the purpose of explosives is for clearing a choke point or clearing an area of heavy resistance and not for carpet bombing. (If you want to carpet bomb go play the other fps with vehicles like planes or enormous amounts of nades arcade games or just pick up a combat FligthSimulator.)

10.Cheat acqusations should be a bandable offense in servers if you have no proof to give the admin or provide to the community. They ruin the fun while the game is being played.If you feel you've been cheated get proof or move to another server that does not include the person you suspect is cheating. Take screenshots get programs like fraps, by all means help and not moan. Cheating is a part of life it does not have to be apart of our gaming communities if you help the admins keep peace by submitting your findings.

My reason for this post is to give some positive thoughts to this community and my fellow gamers. I love gaming on the PC and feel the reason we are loosing ground to the console is inpart our fault. We are for the most part closed minded to the facts of why console gaming has become a success.

One: One configuration for all so developement is a snap in most cases.

Two: Cheating while it may exist, its easier to maintain or eliminate.

Three: Kids settle for almost anything.

Four:Most Importantly We the parents purchase the consoles for our kids and feed the frenzy, so we lose lol!!!

Five:Unless We demand more from the games we currently purchase things may not change.Like why do I pay $500 dollars for a video card and get the short end of the stick, but still purchase the game knowing it sucks.In other words lets not support these subpar companies like UBI, I know Grin is a good company but I will no longer support them if they continue to work for UBI. Unless UBI change their ways and give us the respect we deserve.

(Seems Like my video card purchase is furthering the future of the console what gives?)

Conclusion: If the game is to survive quit with the cheating acqusations get some practice, upgrade your computer, get more ram,get a better connection, or get a job and move on. In anycase either be a dedicated player or sideline yourself. If your going to be something be to best this means equiping yourself with the best and not crying if someone else does.

Special Note:

6.Even the best have bad days so quit with the acqusations when as you call them a noob gets you.

7.Teenagers have faster reflectses in some cases, so get some bengay and get ready for a whippin all in good fun.

Not to Step on Toes let me Thank GRIN FOR THE GAME bring on the patches, and Mods.

Remember Its a game HAVE FUN FIRST AND LOOSE OR WIN SECOND MOAN LATER!!!!!!!

Edited by PainExposer

lol.

There are cheaters in GRAW, but what the heck..... let them have fun, after 2-3 months they grow bored and will go and haunt somebody else.

Some people even pay for cheats.....looooosers.

I find graw a fun game to play and if someone thinks he needs to cheat to beat me (which is not needed of course) let them, as long as it isn't an official match I couldn't care less.

Yesterday we had a tkér in the server, just tk him back with 3 people waiting in spawn and in less than 2 minutes he leaves the server....

YEs, yes and yes.

If you need to cheat to get the drop on ME, you're pathetic. We should hang out. But as long as the cheaters stay in the pub's it's not anything that every other game out therehasn't also had to deal with. Cheaters happen. Sad, but true.

Of course, a good anticheat wouldn't hurt.

And spawn TK'ers are terrible, and should be hunted down by the CIA to be interned at Camp Xray for an undetermined amount of time and hung upside-down by their toenails.

I wonder why cheaters feel inferior?

Glad you asked!

The average cheater, according to a RAbbi Institute for Human Behavior and Stupidity, is distinguished from the average gamer by several features. Cheaters typically have sunken, beady eyes and a protruding forehead. Typically their skin is very pale for lack of exposure to sunlight, a common result of living in Mom's basement for 30 years. They often fall victim to carpal tunnel syndrome and various forms of arthritis. Other unmentionable activities common tothe daily regimen of cheaters result in damage to the parasympathetic nerve (it's worth mentioning that 98% of cheaters are male, and the other 2% are lying) concurrent with damage to the wrist of the dominant hand. Cheaters also typically use distinctive nicknames in games when they intend to cheat.

Cheaters are typically plagued by feelings of inferiority related to their lack of social skills. While this is common also to many non-cheating computer gamers, it is more pronounced in the cheater. Cheating for them is more of a less constructive reaction to the lack of social skill and contact. The general idea is that if one can't be 'cool' or 'hip' in real life, then he can at least make himself feel so in an alternate computer gaming reality. Think Dungeons and Dragons here.

Cheaters are a danger to society at large, and must be exterminated! :o=

Everyone on this planet wishes they could cheat DEATH!!!!!!!!!

Not everyone, some just accept it; death comes for us all. And when it does, it strikes without warning or mercy.

6.Practice makes perfect

Nobody is or can ever be perfect in the first place, so why practice?

Edited by WytchDokta

Well the game servers are empty becasue of cheaters and constant cheat acqusations,along with a few game problems and high computer specs required to run this game. Its not the devs fault, we have high system requirements, but maybe a better anti cheat will help or strenghten the one already in the game thanks for the responses.

Any game devs can develop however many anti-cheat measures they want to for their game, but it won't stop cheaters - for every anti-cheat measure that is implemented, the 'cheater' will always find another way around. Same applies for anti-virus and anti-hack measures, it's cat and mouse all the way.

Well the game servers are empty becasue of cheaters and constant cheat acqusations,along with a few game problems and high computer specs required to run this game. Its not the devs fault, we have high system requirements, but maybe a better anti cheat will help or strenghten the one already in the game thanks for the responses.

I don't think any of those things addresses why people aren't playing this game in significant numbers.

GRAW2 is suffering from GRAW's weak initial release. All the same things we said about GRAW, we're repeating about GRAW2. And all the problems we had getting people to play GRAW are still haunting GRAW2. Shame.

Yes, a working anti-cheat is a factor, or more appropriately the lack thereof. As are the system requirements. But the main problem here is that the initial release of GRAW retail some 15 1/2 months ago was crap for MP, and it's now back to being like Korean cars. It takes FOREVER to shake off a bad quality image, and even if Ubi and GRIN overcompensate it with a swell working AC system, excellent debugging and a serious look at all the gripes on this forum, the stigma will likely remain.

You'll notice the talk of someone other than GRIN developing a GRAW3- that's to say nothing bad about the work that GRIN has done on these past two titles, but a change of name is at least in order if Ubi is to restore what should have been a surefire cash cow.

And I think by now that y'all know what I think about further attempts at GR...

But yeah, cheaters had an open season in GRAW, and still do in GRAW2 from what I read here. More often the honest player gets the boot for cheating than does the cheater, and THAT indicates a serious anti-cheat problem.

You can thank GaySpy while you're at it...

Can't say i have meet more than 1 cheater ever in this game yet, not that i know of for sure anyway so i'm not that sure that cheats are to common. Cheat accusations on the other hand is an entirely diffrent story. For me it's a good night when i don't get more than 3 accusations thrown at me by some 12 year old newbie who have played GRAW2 online less time then i have spent installing the game. But somehow i tend to take an accusation as a sign i play good so i don't realy care about those either ^^

Only a wish but what company would you guys/gals like to see develope our beloved games R6/Ghostrecon besides those that currently do?

I do miss the weapon selection of ravenshield and gameplay to some extent also the closing and opening of doors in ghostrecon.

Valve or Blackfoot Studios or even GRIN if UBI isn't included in the deal.

Edited by GHOST_Sup

Well the game servers are empty becasue of cheaters and constant cheat acqusations,along with a few game problems and high computer specs required to run this game.

Meaning no disrespect and nothing personal but that is a ridiculous statement regarding cheaters being the main reason servers are empty. I’ve played this game online since the demo and still play often in public servers as well as our own and I have never witnessed cheating aside from a speed hacker.

As to why many servers are empty, I don’t know, maybe most players are simply bored of the same 8 maps.

What servers do you typically play on?

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people are all talk. A lot of people were hoping for a gametype other than TDM. When Grin delivered a new & unique gametype, everyone still played TDM. I guess Grin wasted their time creating RvA and instead should have just made more maps. Even during the beta and demo, more people were playing TDM than RvA. :/

TDM... TeDM... TeDiM... TeDiuM

Try our server. One life, that's it. TDM is a completely different game. As for cheaters, I've seen a few and there are a couple that act really strange. I think I've even seen a couple wallhackers but with the diamonds and names being turned on clientside you'll never catch them. Speedhackers are a no brainer as are the auto sniper and auto g/l guys.

Desi is right though, 8 maps ain't gonna cut it. I'd be thrilled to see the console maps ported over at this juncture.

I think part of the problem is that a lot of people are all talk. A lot of people were hoping for a gametype other than TDM. When Grin delivered a new & unique gametype, everyone still played TDM. I guess Grin wasted their time creating RvA and instead should have just made more maps. Even during the beta and demo, more people were playing TDM than RvA. :/

TDM... TeDM... TeDiM... TeDiuM

For once we're agreed on this forum. Same as with GRAW and DOMINATION mode. Not the new supermode, but I liked it as a break from the norm. I haven't had the opportunity to play this new mode in GRAW2, and probably won't, but some have touted it as the second coming of MP. Or something. And yet if no one plays it, then life just sucks.

We hear the cop-out answer that we have the modding tools, and the modder community should be called on. But it's just that- a cop out.

And I just can't stand by this product when it's following the EXACT same pattern as it's failed predecessor did. Go re-read the GRAW PC forum, and see if this same pattern didn't spell death for that title.

Ubisoft doesn't get it any more.