with regards to the size of patch 1.04

can i deduct that we are near the end of the games support? The small size of the patch kinda caught me off guard as i expected something a bit larger in size.

most things "seem" gamespy releated except for a couple things. but i do acknowledge that the pink diamonds for enemy in your spawn are awe inspiring. I'm impressed. now we can detect dorks who setup camp in the enemies spawn. great thing Grin thanks! :thumbsup: now the public official servers should be fun

now there is a new additions to the hud visibility xml file

<!--

HUD ELEMENT VISIBILITY

/settings/hud_visibility.xml

Hud elements to set alpha/opacity. Float between 0.0-1.0

health - Health/stance, located in the bottom left corner.

health_background - Background frame of the health/stance bar.

xcom - Unit selection and xcom viewport, located in the top left corner.

compass - Compass ring, located in the middle bottom of the screen.

awa - Awareness Aid, (Fire Field Indicator) located inside the compass.

ammo - Ammo bar, located in the bottom right corner.

ammo_background - Background frame of the ammo bar.

crosshair - Crosshair, located in the middle of the screen.

narcom - Video feeds, located in the top right corner.

The sound of the video feed is always enabled.

tag_data - Information about tagged enemies (multiplayer). Located

in middle left side of the screen.

multiplayer_map - Multiplayer mini map, located in the top right corner.

Hud elements to set visible true/false

markers_enemy - Enemy markers, soldiers and vehicles.

markers_friendly - Friendly markers, teammates, allies and vehicles.

markers_objective - Objective markers.

-->

<hud_elements>

<hud_element name="health" alpha="1.0" />

<hud_element name="health_background" alpha="0.0" />

<hud_element name="xcom" alpha="0.0" />

<hud_element name="compass" alpha="0.0" />

<hud_element name="awa" alpha="0.0" />

<hud_element name="ammo" alpha="1.0" />

<hud_element name="ammo_background" alpha="0.0" />

<hud_element name="crosshair" alpha="1.0" />

<hud_element name="narcom" alpha="0.0" />

<hud_element name="tag_data" alpha="0.2" />

<hud_element name="multiplayer_map" alpha="1.0" />

<hud_element name="markers_enemy" visible="true" />

<hud_element name="markers_friendly" visible="true" />

<hud_element name="markers_objective" visible="true" />

</hud_elements>

Edited by Papa6

why would smaller patches have anything to do with GRiN ending support?

What is with the whole ending support fear anyway? At what point would you be OK with them ending patch support?

I may be the minority... I don't really expect to be playing this game much a year from now and I'm happy with it as is. So many good titles coming out... this one will be put aside. I may come back it from time to time, don't get me wrong. Anyway... sorry for the rant.

Edited by chilly-willy

What is with the whole ending support fear anyway? At what point would you be OK with them ending patch support?

My thoughts also.

I'm sure there will be more... as GRIN said, once everyone gets back from vacation.

I may be the minority... I don't really expect to be playing this game much a year from now and I'm happy with it as is. So many good titles coming out... this one will be put aside. I may come back it from time to time, don't get me wrong. Anyway... sorry for the rant.

I'm saying that Wolfsong told me that they(Grin) sanctioned off some people, a very small few to do the patching. but with the issues still present..makes me wonder or better yet, concerned.

Hi,

While I totally agree that GRAW2 is among the leaders of this genre I wouldn't want to be still playing it, as is, in a years time. If the model doesn't evolve it means it's stagnant and that's not good for anyone. As I've commented elsewhere, I'd like to see a really lifelike AI and video quality graphics, both of which I suspect will happen.

I totally agree with the poster who posted to the effect that, we've currently been handed a 'hero syndrome', Mitchell!

It's not realistic to abandon a mission because one member is lost. It should be possible to delegate leadership to one of the remaining team. Drop the hero thing!

Lastly and also raised before, make weapon choice open. What we enter missions with should be our individual choice assuming we know what the mission is!

Mike.

I'm quite puzzled by this form of anxiety. Size, as some of us know, doesn't matter.

My hunch is that this patch is a hotfix and I'm very grateful for it because I play campaign coop and the last patch made it impossible for most of us to connect. GRiN recognised this gaffe and fixed it quickly.

We should be grateful for their speedy and efficient service, not wringing our hands over the size of the file.

Edited by Bahger

Wow, that got off-topic pretty quickly.

Papa6, I have to agree with others here who don't particularly see what the size of this patch has to do with the termination of support on GRIN's end. If GRAW was any indicator, you'll have their support for a while yet. Remember 1.35,and how long it took to get all that stuff addressed? Sure, the game wasn't perfect thereafter. But a LOT of changes we'd asked for were implemented there, and we got to BETA what was the biggest change to GRAW. Good deal.

No, I'd wager that GRIN's got a few things in store for GRAW2 yet before they close up the show.

with regards to the size of patch 1.04

can i deduct that we are near the end of the games support? The small size of the patch kinda caught me off guard as i expected something a bit larger in size.

:blink: oh jeez :wall:

it's a HOTFIX to quickly fix the map timing issue with hosting coop introduced in 1.03, they just added some other fixes to it that they had ready.

poor GRIN just cant win, they've got people screaming daily for the fix and then when they release it they get this

I know, when did everybody get so crazy paranoid and start reading conspiracies into every little thing :wall:

:hmm: this puzzles me. I'm not complaining, I'm simply stating that we were to get some support. what comes to my mind is, how long are we going to get support? I'm concerned in that if you have only so many bullets in a gun, don't waste them.(if that makes any sense.)

I know, when did everybody get so crazy paranoid and start reading conspiracies into every little thing :wall:

Right about the same time Fox TV got their own news channel... ;)

:rofl:

But seriously, I can't say that it is a common trend among pc games that patches becomes smaller and smaller, and smaller still, until the last one is so tiny that you hardly notice it at all; until you conclude that the patches are so small that they probably don't exist.

look, look guys, I'm not trying to get people hot under the collar. I just have a bad feeling that Grin are cleaning up shop to end the journey. I'm just beginning to have some fun. I kinda mental block out the stuff i don't like now.

look, look guys, I'm not trying to get people hot under the collar. I just have a bad feeling that Grin are cleaning up shop to end the journey. I'm just beginning to have some fun. I kinda mental block out the stuff i don't like now.

Given your recent change of heart on life I am going to tell you what my wife always tells me. “Don't sweat the small stuff†and/or “don't try and control things that are out of your controlâ€. If a decision is made to end patch support of GRAW2 there isn't a thing this community could do about it. Worrying about it especially when it has no basis in fact is just a waste of time and forum space.

In short, and to repeat, don't worry about things you can't control.

I'm inspired to share another poem with you in case you didn't follow the PBS link from my other peom post.

"Otherwise" by Jane Kenyon

I got out of bed

on two strong legs.

It might have been

otherwise. I ate

cereal, sweet

milk, ripe, flawless

peach. It might

have been otherwise.

I took the dog uphill

to the birch wood.

All morning I did

the work I love.

At noon I lay down

with my mate. It might

have been otherwise.

We ate dinner together

at a table with silver

candlesticks. It might

have been otherwise.

I slept in a bed

in a room with paintings

on the walls, and

planned another day

just like this day.

But one day, I know,

it will be otherwise.

:lol: A little too obtuse for you, was it? Sorry, just trying to put minor detail into perspective!

If I were Grin's CEO I would be smiling at the proliferation of pre-emptive guesswork that goes on in this forum. Don't get me wrong! In that position I would also be impressed by the amount of passion this computer game engenders.

Whilst we're on the subject, how much more 'patching', large or small, would you expect to see coming out of GRIN? From my simple perspective it runs beautifully but then I don't play MP but I would very much appreciate some more missions, GRIN? Modders? Anyone?

most things "seem" gamespy releated except for a couple things. but i do acknowledge that the pink diamonds for enemy in your spawn are awe inspiring. I'm impressed. now we can detect dorks who setup camp in the enemies spawn. great thing Grin thanks! :thumbsup: now the public official servers should be fun

now there is a new additions to the hud visibility xml file

The pink diamonds have always been there Papa6. I guess this explains why I never see you in MP TDM servers.

Papa will never be happy - accept it.

Yes he will

No he won't

Yes he will

No he won't

LOL depends on the day

The one's refered to here have always been there. There was a bug that seems gone with the new patch though where you could also see the enemies pink diamonds in there spawn.