XML Logs - Are they going to be turned on in GR:AW2?

This has been asked several times, but I dont think I've yet seen an answer one way or the other from any guys at GRIN.

Please could the XML Stat log files be turned back on again within GR:AW2 - this was an extremely useful function not only for those wishing to track their stats while playing on various public servers, but was a great tool for those of use who like to play competitive matches and used the stats files as a record of each round played.

Myself & Brok21k obviously have an interest in getting these turned on again, as we spent a good 2-3 months of solid work to get our stats project finished in time for GR:AW2 release, only to find the XML logs no longer there.

I thank you. :D

What the hell is the point of the Gamespy ranking system anyway? It is the most non-sensical, pointless ranking system I have ever seen.

Ex. You can go 50-0 and if the rest of your team stinks, and your team loses the round, you drop in rank because you lost the round. Where is the sense there?

Another thing I have seen is guys that are at the top of the ladder that start to get their ass handed to them in a round and leave the server, or change teams half way through the round.

How about a ranking system based on Kills, K/D ratio , accuracy & wins/losses?

One more question....what ever happened to Accuracy in the stats display? That is a great stat to display. After match display does have enough room for other things like:

Kills (round) Deaths (round) - Kills (match) Deaths (match)

Accuracy - Bullets Fired/Hits - Lethal Shots

Points Gained (for HH or RvsA)

Grenade Kills

Grenades thrown / Fired

Best Marksman -Where did this go?

Best Demo Expert - ????

It would also be really nice to talk smack/yap it up with the other team immediately after a round in the after action screen.....but that is just beating a dead horse.

The game is very good, but there are little things that have been missing, and they really could add to the enjoyment of the whole experience.

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

What the hell is the point of the Gamespy ranking system anyway? It is the most non-sensical, pointless ranking system I have ever seen.

Ex. You can go 50-0 and if the rest of your team stinks, and your team loses the round, you drop in rank because you lost the round. Where is the sense there?

Another thing I have seen is guys that are at the top of the ladder that start to get their ass handed to them in a round and leave the server, or change teams half way through the round.

How about a ranking system based on Kills, K/D ratio , accuracy & wins/losses?

One more question....what ever happened to Accuracy in the stats display? That is a great stat to display. After match display does have enough room for other things like:

Kills (round) Deaths (round) - Kills (match) Deaths (match)

Accuracy - Bullets Fired/Hits - Lethal Shots

Points Gained (for HH or RvsA)

Grenade Kills

Grenades thrown / Fired

Best Marksman -Where did this go?

Best Demo Expert - ????

It would also be really nice to talk smack/yap it up with the other team immediately after a round in the after action screen.....but that is just beating a dead horse.

The game is very good, but there are little things that have been missing, and they really could add to the enjoyment of the whole experience.

I agree, to most if not all you write. Especially this server drop or change side when loosing is destroying the game in my opinion. People drops like flies on the loosing side. Have had some disscussion with the jerks on Gamespy about this and the only thing they keep saying is "play on a non ranked server if you don't like it".

It happens on non ranked servers too, from players believing its ranked... sooo stupid and annoing when next round starts , that teams get unbalanced because of the sideswitching caused by the ranksystem players try to abuse.

Edited by Chrisp

ranking bites bath tub farts. it does nothing but encourage server trash to runand gun.

jlvn479l.jpg

How so more than it is now? If a server has unlimited respawns on it will always be this way....it is now. If spawns are off or limited, people tend to be more cautious.....and if they know they are being tracked stat wise, might be more cautious.

And what I am suggesting is not only ranking based on Kills.... I am saying your ranking should be based on a number of things

Kills

K/D ratio

Accuracy

Points (objective based)

I really don't see a downside. Don't be such a negative Nelly. w00t

Another stat I forgot....Objective based points (referring to a possible ranking system). For say HH....when you capture/hold the smoke, kill someone in the smoke, clear it of enemies...it should show as points in the after round? Maybe? It might encourage the newer players to go for the objective, and not run all around the map aimlessly. Plus, why not reward the player following the objective correctly?

Edited by Cell*AFZ*

I see that GaySpy stupidity has reached a new all-time high!

I'm sorry, I was unaware that GaySpy had so vastly increased their role in the destruction of this title. Even if I've never been able to play GRAW2 MP, I sympathize with those ofyou who do. I really do. And that answer- go eff yourself and play an unranked server if you don't like it- is the ULTIMATE. The players don't matter. We never did.

This is about milking to make the bottom line, and in GaySpy's case they think they're on the up's. May God smite their corporate bank accounts with Enron-like financial horror...

Anyone notice the search function is gone from the ladder? For curiosity i went on it last night to see what i ranked.

Gamespy ladder works for your own ladder...yes you can create one...but since are Graw2 logins don't let us login to gamespy...it doesn't work.

Roger that Roco, search function isn't working. But honestly, for such a lame ranking system, it really doesn't matter. Being a good player has nothing to do with your ranking. Quite pointless.

Forgive me for asking what is probably a dumb question to the tech savvy folks, but if player stats are being generated and sent to GaymeSpy, why can they not be intercepted/diverted for our own purposes? It seems kind of silly that I can't even show the names of the players that are on my server on my server status page, much less current scores, k/d, etc.

Edited by [RS]Stalker

Why doesn't GRIN just block changing teams during the last couple of minutes except for autobalance enforcement. Do not let the players switch in the final minutes of a game. This would prevent the lowlife-statwhores from abusing the system and smooth out the gameplay. If they don't like it they can play a different game.

Or.... GRIN if you could, log all scores of players and submit them to Gamespy anyway. If they played primarily on the losing team for the round and they either left the server or switched teams, then their W/L score reflects that. In other words if they played 80% of the time on the losing side, and then either dropped or switched teams, their score is still submitted reflecting a Loss instead of a win for sideswitching or leaving the server in the final seconds.

This will take it out of Gamespy's hands, because we all know they won't do anything. So it's probably up to GRIN to implement a system that stops this abuse and saves the continuity of the gameplay.

Just my $.02

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Can we keep the topic on track please & NOT turn it into a gamespy bashing thread, thanks. :D

Strange thing here:

If XML Logs are off but GS is keeping track, that means the game is live logging to GS or cache logging? I ask because I thought GS was only the link up finder, once you found each other GS was not in the equation any more? If it's cache logging, you need an interception script to collect the data.... just a thought, back to sleep. ;)