NEW Weapons in Future?

I'd love to add more weapons into the game but I'm not a modder. Nor do I know anything about it. If I was a modder, I'd add as many guns requested by you guys as possible. As long as you're not asking for a minigun or plasma rifles. If I could add guns, I'd add the M468, AI AS50, HK 417, MP7, and M110(SASS). But since I doubt any of those are gonna be added, I'm probably just gonna look for weapons skins mods. Hopefull Task Force Wraith will release their ACU weapons patch. Since the uniforms in game are already ACUs, they could just do the guns. If there's a mod that kept GRAW interesting to me, it was their ACU mod.

Don't know if this has been discussed but why is it that R6V and GRAW2 seem to go out of their way not to include the Colt family of firearms or their Armalite cousins, anybody know?

the HK 416 is technically a part of the Colt family

Source : http://world.guns.ru/assault/as75-e.htm

"Based on the experience, gained during successful upgrade program of the British SA80 / L85A1 program, HK decided to cure the existing M16 rifles and M4 carbines from most of their problems, inherent to this 40-years old design. The key improvements, made by HK, are their patented short-stroke gas piston system, borrowed from HK G36 rifle. This system replaced the direct gas system of standard M16 rifle, so no powder residue will remain in the receiver even after long shooting sessions. The "new" gas system also is self-regulating and will work reliably with any barrel length. Other improvements include new buffer assembly, improved bolt, and a cold hammer forged barrel, as well as free-floating handguard with integral Picatinny-type rails. Originally developed as a "drop-in" upper receiver assembly for any standard M16/M4 type lower receiver, HK416 is also available as a complete weapon, with HK-made lower receivers. Current (late 2005) models include carbines with 10.5" and 14.5" barrels, and 16.5" barreled carbine and 20" barreled rifle will be added later"
Edited by bangurdead

Don't know if this has been discussed but why is it that R6V and GRAW2 seem to go out of their way not to include the Colt family of firearms or their Armalite cousins, anybody know?
Ask Yves.

____EDIT

And now for something completely different...how about some Claymores?

Edited by NoQuarter

In addition to the weapons you guys have mentioned, I also want to add a couple more. Seeing as how the Beretta Rx4 Storm is the "cover boy" for GRAW 2, I'd like to also see the Cx4 Storm (pistol caliber carbine or SMG) and the Px4 Storm (pistol). I thought they would have included it from the get go like the 360 version, but they didn't so I'd like to see it added in the future. I was looking forward to possibly using the Px4, but I'm just as happy with the Mk23. :thumbsup:

Some ideas for new weapons in GRAW2.

First i'd like to reskin SCAR's because of their desert camo, into something similar to RX4.

Then substitute the M14 into it's assault version with red dot, and add an SPR or SR21 as sniper rifle.

I'd like to see the CX4 (maybe with EOtech sight) between secondary weapons as well as the MP7.

I'm ok for HK 417, but about pistols i'd leave them behind for now(i don't use them so much); maybe just the PX4 instead of classic M9.

About russian weaponry i'd like to wield an AK104 with PK-AS red dot and GP25 GL, but this is not their place...

Edited by caprera

Well from what I've heard bang, Colt has been working on an M5 longer than HK was working on the 416 but H&K was the first to get theirs into the field.

Source: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...2167&page=4

Another thing I'm thankful for is GRIN/Ubi didn't include all the weaponry aailable to the real Mexican military. I was reading on Wikipedia how they not only have G3s(and soon FX-05s) and HK21E Machine guns but they also have M249 SAW's. Also says they have MK19s. They had those in GRAW though.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Mexico#Equipment

The real key is new weapons and a map editor means replay value for a long time. Everyone has their favorites, but GRIN we need you involved... Take some of these ideas and run with them. I'm sure, as good as GRAW2 is, a new map and weapon pack would fetch lots more $$. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bottman

The real key is new weapons and a map editor means replay value for a long time. Everyone has their favorites, but GRIN we need you involved... Take some of these ideas and run with them. I'm sure, as good as GRAW2 is, a new map and weapon pack would fetch lots more $$. :thumbsup:

* :)

I don't know off the top if some of the weapons you guys are talking about are 6.5mm or 6.8mm rifles but those would be great caliber's to replace the 5.56mm we have now for the USA. They can fit in the same M16 Mag (w/new tops) and the only change out required is the barrel.

I don't know off the top if some of the weapons you guys are talking about are 6.5mm or 6.8mm rifles but those would be great caliber's to replace the 5.56mm we have now for the USA. They can fit in the same M16 Mag (w/new tops) and the only change out required is the barrel.

Fletch, You are correct about the 5.56. With the CQB situations around the world, weapon manufacturers are creating shorter barreled weapons. As a result, 5.56 rounds is not generating enough Kinetic energy with barrels less than 20". No knockout punch, as witnessed in Iraq and Afghanistan. There are 2 popular solutions, 6.8 and 6.5mm rounds, good distance and enough punch, to knockdown someone for good. Don't get me wrong 5.56 can kill, but 6.8 does it better with shorter barrels. It's just expensive to restandardize. :thumbsup:

Bring on the 6.8! :gun:

Reaper told me that oftentimes they'd centerpunch a bad guy 2/3x and the bad guy would still (somewhat) be in the fight. He told me he would just keep firing till the guy went down.

Yeah, 2-4 rounds to drop him compared to the bad guys 1 round to drop you, is not usually a good thing. :ermm:

He told me he would just keep firing till the guy went down.

Isn't that the advantage of the NSR? Fight till the bad guy can't fight anymore..

NSR? huh?

Edited by Bottman