For the love all things holy...

Yes, I wanted an ACOG so much. Guess we will have to wait for Brettzies to make another mod :)

And the ability to switch between Eotechs/Aimpoints would have been nice too, instead of only aimpoints on cetain guns and only eotechs on certain guns.

I like the scope they have. (old school) there is no problem with it. It works.

Well, we don't really have true "scopes" on the assault rifles at the moment. The word scope implies magnification.

We have a huge assortment of red dot sights, and holosights, but no scopes. Just thought it would be more appropriate to have at least an ACOG in there because the ghosts seem to have lots of long range engagements outdoors. Red dot sights are more geared toward urban close quarters - which is still a predominant part in GRAW, so I'm totally for them but some variety would have been nice instead of having 3 different types of red dot sights.

Also, the zoom on the M14 scope seemed very low - maybe around 4x? Thats how much zoom a ACOG has. I was expecting something like 10x for a DMR.

10X for a distance of 150m ??

red dot is good enough for that distance.

an acog would be nice, but is it truely some thing you NEED ??

it would only be the step towards full auto snipers, like a scar H silenced with 4x32 acog ? that would be so unfair.... for the AI that is....

i can understand the wish for a non red dot reticule, but the magnification ??? (more than what is there for the red dots?)

it would only be the step towards full auto snipers, like a scar H silenced with 4x32 acog ? that would be so unfair.... for the AI that is....

i can understand the wish for a non red dot reticule, but the magnification ??? (more than what is there for the red dots?)

I agree

Exactly, thats what "Zoot" forgot, this game only has 150m view/ Draw distance for enemies. 12X 10X whatever is wasted, RED DOT 2X 4X is fine... (I have a M2 and it's great for 100m the ones in graw2 are as good).

IMHO

Reguardless of draw distance and need I think it would be nice to have the flexability to add an ACOG type scopey if the player wishes. Further more, I think it would be nice to have that out of the box and not via a mod later down the line. I'm also a big advocate of having as many weapon choices in the game as possible, veriety is the spice of life.

I would agree, having 4X ACOG sights would make the sniper rifle obsolete. Every weapon could turn in a sniper rifle. Don't get me wrong I like choices too, but I am sure GRIN had already thought this through.

An ACOG with 4*/5* zoom would be nice although to be fair the enemy don't shoot quite like they used to and I haven't run into a laser-beam MG nest yet so it doesn't appear to be the major omission it was in the first game.

I agree though.

No zoom - 10* is a bit daft.

Isn't the sight on the Beretta RX4 a Leupold CQ/T anyway? :S

Draw distance appears to be a couple of hundred metres (it LODs down beyond that, but the bad guys still show) and there are definitely shots in some levels where an ACOG would be preferable.

Edited by spm1138

As I've said for the 1001st time, the draw distance sucks major cajones. pretty sad when a sniper in real life can see out past 1000 meters and more depending on the scope but GRAW2 hides the enemy behind that damn shroud.

GRIN...can you guys get to work on Diesel engine 8? open this ###### up for real sniping? other than that, I have no problems.

i don't understand why they did'nt just have a acog, eotech, and reflex for each one of the assault rifles and leave it up to the player to have what he wants. also, the m145 elcan could have been used for the m249 (we used it alot in the real world) and more units are switching to the collapsing stock on the m249 as well.

He Sui long time no see, maybe we can play some games together soon, and join TS?

(Ik hoop dat het vandaag binnenkomt, en anders morgen) :thumbsup: