SP Demo Bugs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadows seem not to be working. Is this a known issue? The shadows work perfectly in the MP demo but they seem broken in the SP demo

Agree . Is a bug or is the map lighing ?

And FRAPS like in the MP demo , work with many problems for capture high resolution video

Edited by jonelo

Shadows are working perfectly here. I run all details on high except textures on medium and physics on normal with the edge smoothing on. I run the game at 1,024x768@75hz and it runs great. Only problems I have with the demo is that the latest 162.18 beta drivers cause corruption in GRAW2 and my sound blaster audigy 2 does not show up in the options like it did in the mp demo. I can still turn on EAX however with generic hardware. Great job GRIN, it's a big improvement over the original GRAW. :thumbsup:

Edited by Demanufakture

Noticed a bug in the team selection screen.

You can't remove any add ons on your weapon (silencer, scope etc.). You have to equip another weapon and then re-equip the last wepon without add ons.

I have a video that can explain better but Photobucket is ######ed up right now so I'll show it later.

I dont have shadows with the 162.18 and 162.15 in XP , with one 8800 gtx.

graw22007070611043603be8.th.jpg

With shadows in one 8800 gtx

graw22007070513363720gt8.th.jpg

At least the game works with your 8800gtx and the 162.18/15 drivers. With my 7800 gs the graphics are corrupt and unplayable. I've had to go back to the 93.71 drivers from last year. :ermm: Of course, it's not GRIN's fault that the 162.18/15 don't like GRAW or GRAW2. It's Nvidia's fault. I guess we'll have to wait for the game to come out to force Nvidia to fix GRAW2 and GRAW with their latest drivers.

Edited by Demanufakture

thats odd, using 158.45 and i have shadows ingame as well.

i just encountered a weird bug which i wasnt able to reproduce, while heading towards one of the artillery tank locations, the game said im going out of the mission area....

I think this was mentioned in another post?

When on a hill and I issue a Cover That commmand to my team and there is a Tango on top of the hill, my team just keep shooting into the ground repetatively.. I am not sure if this only happens when there is a tango at the top.. or if it's just a cover that issue?

^ In Assault mode, your team (or teammate) will put down supressing fire where you direct for 1 full clip. They will fire if there is an enemy or not. They are just doing what they are ordered to do.

In Recon mode, they will not fire unless an enemy enters the "cover that" area.

If you issue the "cover that" command to a teammate on a mounted 50 cal, they will continuously fire since they never run out of ammo, and therefore the "1 clip" rule does not apply.

^ In Assault mode, your team (or teammate) will put down supressing fire where you direct for 1 full clip. They will fire if there is an enemy or not. They are just doing what they are ordered to do.

In Recon mode, they will not fire unless an enemy enters the "cover that" area.

If you issue the "cover that" command to a teammate on a mounted 50 cal, they will continuously fire since they never run out of ammo, and therefore the "1 clip" rule does not apply.

I dunno, in a few cases, it was "empty current mag, reload, empty that mag, reload, empty that mag..." at which point I put him back on recon. If this is a doctrinal change, I'm ok with that. I just had no indication that it would happen until it, you know, did.

Here is something that I found kinda annoying. There is NO option to rebind the default mousewheel button to some other button. I ALWAYS use mousewheel button to reload, and I cant because if I do, then I lose the option to move the ghost team around from my hud. Same thing goes for the MP demo, there is no option to rebind the "tag" button for the ghost.

I dont have shadows with the 162.18 and 162.15 in XP , with one 8800 gtx.

graw22007070611043603be8.th.jpg

With shadows in one 8800 gtx

graw22007070513363720gt8.th.jpg

At least the game works with your 8800gtx and the 162.18/15 drivers. With my 7800 gs the graphics are corrupt and unplayable. I've had to go back to the 93.71 drivers from last year. :ermm: Of course, it's not GRIN's fault that the 162.18/15 don't like GRAW or GRAW2. It's Nvidia's fault. I guess we'll have to wait for the game to come out to force Nvidia to fix GRAW2 and GRAW with their latest drivers.

Well, no problems with 158.27 ;) . And looks better ;) very nice graphics Grin !!. With Official 162.15 WinXP and beta 162.18 , dont shadows.

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/5646/gr...01120265hk2.jpg

http://img460.imageshack.us/img460/9427/gr...01142879bv2.jpg

The Ghosts still don't follow orders very well, at least from the map overview, but if you give it to them from the helmet camera they respond a LOT better. Also, a couple of things I've noticed:

They finally use the grenade launcher, but they use it when in recon mode as well instead of using a silenced weapon.

I'll hear the beep as if I tagged the enemy, but I don't see the red diamond unless I look on the cross com, then it's there.

Sometimes when I bring the scope up on the SCAR-L it'll have the crosshairs as well as the red dot. Happened twice with the SCAR-L, but not with any other weapon.

Same "move order" bug that has been present since the first day they released GRAW1 PC

Sometimes, when you issue a move order, the guy you issued it to just says "I'm there" as if he actually moved to that location. He didn't/ Hes actually hooked up on a barrel or god-knows-what is holding him up.

Does anybody here have an Audigy 2? The demo only shows me generic hardware and generic software. In the mp demo I can pick my Audigy 2 but in the sp demo it doesn't show up. Is anybody else with an Audigy 2 having the same problem?

Edited by Demanufakture

A interesting bug.

I was using an M14, suppressed and witha scope and shot a badguy on the final objective side of the bridge. he was behind one of the armored vehicles and when I hit the badguy, he fell against said armored vehicle and damn near knocked it up in the air.

earlier this evening, i hit one guy and he fell into his buddy and they both bounced into the air like my rounds were HE rounds.

A interesting bug.

I was using an M14, suppressed and witha scope and shot a badguy on the final objective side of the bridge. he was behind one of the armored vehicles and when I hit the badguy, he fell against said armored vehicle and damn near knocked it up in the air.

earlier this evening, i hit one guy and he fell into his buddy and they both bounced into the air like my rounds were HE rounds.

Sounds like a cool bug lol. I think it's pretty obvious that this is beta code in this demo and that it is the same one that has been previewed by many websites minus the next couple of levels. When the full version comes out and we get the release day patch I'm sure most of the issues we are seeing in this demo will be gone.

Edited by Demanufakture