Rumour both good and bad.

BS PALADIN

I heard a rumour. Its from a guy i have respect for and who isnt prone to making stupid stuff up. Anyway he said that there are 6 new maps coming out in June. The 6 maps are

1. Wilderness

2. Military Camp

3. Mt. Stronghold

4. City Blocks

5. Bridges

6. High Serria

Another rumour attached to this is that GRAW 2 is the last GR game and they will be upgrading all the previous GR fordownload.

Now i find this hard to believe. But maybe RSE are sick of GR games and want to make something else and UBI will give the franchise completely to their Paris branch. And i cant see every map coming out. I cant see alot of old maps coming out but not them all. That would be over 80 maps. Til this is supposed to quoted from a UBI guy so who knows. Sounds fishy to me.

Edited by BS PALADIN

I like Wilderness and Bridges in the list. The rest i like, but could think of much better ones first. Also for GRAW2 being the last. Well to be all honest i think i could easiely let GR go without missing it so much. It's a good game still, but with the new routes GR has taken since [GR] i believe it may be about time to give it a rest before it gets killed off altogether. Besides there is alot of games coming out that are going to surpass GR soon at least in my eyes anyways. [OFP: DR] if its even half the game i hope it is GR aint going to stand a chance of being played again if they keep going down the same road as they are now. Plus there are even afew more games that may be going above and beyond what GR has become. They have too do afew things first before they release anew game. At least for One stop where they are and head back to the drawing table and start all over again on how they go about maken a new game. If they do that i would be willing to wait afew years before i see another GR game again just so they get it right.

Also for the remake of all the old maps. Well if they remake them all for GRAW2 that sure is going to get to pricey for me. It almost is to much now, but i do like the look and feel of the old maps! They would be better off on just going back and remaken [GR] with packs as a new game altogther with as many maps as they can get in it.

Perosnally i think GR is dead in its present format. It sells loads because of its single player. Mp is dying on its feet, down to 9th for xbox live activity. I think it can be resurrected as a different game. But atm its far too shallow for people to put in the hours that previous GR games demanded of its fans.

I think personally its very well made and possibly one of the best looking online games out there. But map design is far too wooden ( the old GR2/GRSS maps in the throwback map are far superior to the GRAW/GRAW2 maps ) and there are some glaring mistakes with the game modes ( limited spawn points ). Plus the approach to bring casual gamers has back fired. Casual gamers dont play online games for long. They play it for a few weeks then play something else. Which leaves a game with easy weakened gameplay for the hardcore players that are left.

I think for the next GR to make a return to greatest they need to do 3 things.

First- Work closely with sone of the fans. Actually let some of us become involved with the game from the start. Talk to veteran fans, people who run clan sites, people who have special forces training. I know people who encompass all 3 of these things.

Second - Do something new with the franchise. Inject a completely new way of doing things. Make 1 huge island map instead of several small ones or introduce vehicles or make it 32 players online. A slight improvement in graphics and some new guns isnt gona cut it.

Third - Make a choice what sort of game they want and make it. If they want a tactical game then make a tactical game, if they want a fast paced shooter then make a fast paced shooter. Dont make an arcade shooter with tactical elements.

TBH i feel bad for the designers of this game. They have made some great games in the past and in fairness GRAW2 isnt a bad game. Its just not Ghost Recon. I would rather help RSE/UBI make GR great again than complain all the time. Designing a MP game in a successful franchise must be the hardest thing in the world to do.

Another rumour attached to this is that GRAW 2 is the last GR game and they will be upgrading all the previous GR fordownload.

what do you mean by that? all the old maps will be upgraded to GRAW2

Edited by methz68

what do you mean by that? all the old maps will be upgraded to GRAW2

sorry upgrading all the previous GR MAPS for download. But i cant see it somehow.

I read somewhere, ( I think in the EGM 216 article about EndWar) that they [ubi] are going to take their time and re-evaluate the GR series, and the next GR would be a couple years in the making.

Personally, I believe this series is in need of serious reevaluation right now. UBI has some stiff competition coming, and other games are pushing new boundaries way beyond "third person" options, and "high-tech" warfare such as the recon drone, and my personal favorite, the Advanced Warfighter HUD!! :rolleyes: >> because we all need a bunch colourful lines around the edge of our viewing area just in case we forgot we are immersed in a bleeding edge warfighting simulation. Gee, maybe in GRAW3 everybody can have their very own personel drone!?

Meh, sorry for the tangent, I just think its time to get back to basics, then build from there... like maybe a Team Multi game with layered objectives, in a persistent world perhaps??

Wouldn't surprise me if they let GR go. They should've let RSE do the whole thing. SP is just plain screwed up. MP is still very good though, IMO.

Also wouldn't surprise me too much if Rainbow got the same treatment. I hope they have another 2nd gen Rainbow in the works though.

Ubi needs to come out with a new shooter that's done as a Hollywood/24 style shooter. It could be well done and a lot of fun. But return GR and Rainbow SP games to the more realistic side. I'm sick of 24-styled games. That goes for the upcoming Splinter Cell too--it'll be even further from Pandora and Chaos Theory than Double Agent was from what I've read. 3 great game series that are losing their way.

Another rumour attached to this is that GRAW 2 is the last GR game

I heard a different rumour. :ph34r:

If you have heard somthin zjj say somthin.... please. :wall::wall:

As it is a rumour, I won't be repeating it. However, it is different than what Paladin said when he wrote that GRAW2 is the last GR game. ;)

When I can confirm the rumour is when you will see me telling you all. :thumbsup:

i would enjoy seeing the aformentioned maps. as for the GR series in general. i still love playing it for r&r especially SP. it does seem to have wore out it's welcome with many people though. atleast from what i've been hearing and seeing. what direction they may take the series from here is beyond me. maybe incorporate vehicles, i don't know. i hate to admit it but halo 3 is around the corner and even i'm gonna be somewhat anxious to play it. so changes may be necessary to keep the series alive. i'm an avid tom clancy/ubisoft fan. rainbow, GR, & splinter cell are my all-time favorite titles and probably always will be. if they want to keep the core fans, then just stick to the roots.

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

i would enjoy seeing the aformentioned maps. as for the GR series in general. i still love playing it for r&r especially SP. it does seem to have wore out it's welcome with many people though. atleast from what i've been hearing and seeing. what direction they may take the series from here is beyond me. maybe incorporate vehicles, i don't know. i hate to admit it but halo 3 is around the corner and even i'm gonna be somewhat anxious to play it. so changes may be necessary to keep the series alive. i'm an avid tom clancy/ubisoft fan. rainbow, GR, & splinter cell are my all-time favorite titles and probably always will be. if they want to keep the core fans, then just stick to the roots.

My guess would be that they drop the whole 'ADVANCED WARFIGHTER' name and get back to tactical game play.

Edited by ReapeR eXe

Actually, if they released a lot of the old maps and some new MP missions, and hardcore gamers stuck around GRAW2 playing First Person games, the game could be more fun and have enough of a cult following to keep it going for some time.

Oh, yeah, and if they fix shadow draw distance so shadows don't disappear leaving you laying out in the open like a doofus.

Actually, if they released a lot of the old maps and some new MP missions, and hardcore gamers stuck around GRAW2 playing First Person games, the game could be more fun and have enough of a cult following to keep it going for some time.

Oh, yeah, and if they fix shadow draw distance so shadows don't disappear leaving you laying out in the open like a doofus.

Cons,

You will be a doofus regardless.....

Cons,

You will be a doofus regardless.....

:dunce:

The bottom line is how many copies it sells, GRAW 3 will sell a lot of copies. The vast majority of people who buy the games only play single player or play on Live occasionally. If there was a market for a hard core shooter, someone would make one. Also, Armed Assault would be a huge seller, which it isn't, because no one wants to play it.

GRAW and R6 Vegas are the only good tactical combat games on the 360, and I will buy these franchises as long as they make them. Where is their competition? There's nothing else out there now to compete with them. There may be no new game released this year in this genre. Rogue Warrior has been pushed back, and better wait and see how good that is. [OFP: DR] will have to be revamped totally from the original in order to find a mass market. As a GR fan, I think OFP stinks, they would have to make it more like GRAW for me to even think about it. If OFP is like Armed Assault, it will be a dud on the console.

OFP was an incredible game but its scope was so huge that there were bound to be flaws. I always wanted to see a cross between OFP and GR. And i thought thats what the first GR on the 360 was gona be. But it turned out to be incredibly limited and small scaled. TBH it didnt even feel like GR.

I hope that GR takes a new path or goes back to it roots. Anything but stay on its current direction.

OFP was an incredible game but its scope was so huge that there were bound to be flaws. I always wanted to see a cross between OFP and GR. And i thought thats what the first GR on the 360 was gona be. But it turned out to be incredibly limited and small scaled. TBH it didnt even feel like GR.

I hope that GR takes a new path or goes back to it roots. Anything but stay on its current direction.

I agree, OFP would've been a GREAT game if they hadn't had to make so many compromises to get it to work on the Xbox. Taking years and years to get it out didn't help either, the graphics were pretty dated. I have very high hopes for the new one.

I'd also be very happy if Ubi would get to do another America's Army. Best shooter on a console IMO, and easily the most realistic. Would be nice if they'd support it after release this time though. :rolleyes: