New PC Specific Info

I don't think the first screen is a good sign about the draw distance. remember: in GRAW1 the phonelines went to a certain point and disappeared? look in screen 1 and look at the phonelines in the distance. I saw none at the further distance.

I'm kinda certain that i won't be able to see an enemy further than 200 meters with a bloody sniper scope. snipers can engage targets further than 800meters. FM23-10's raneg table lists from 100-1000meters respectively.

So I think the diesel engine can't do long distances. just my guess. not to bust Grin's knackers or anything but, I'n thinking this is asking too much. <_<

-Papa6

We will know in a few days Papa. Though I am with you on that assumption. Just see the latest pictures and you will see a lot of phone lines break op at a certain distance or are just no more visible.

well, the BETA testers will tell us I hope.

I don't like this beta crap. i tried but, why the hell should I have to sign up and pay $$$ just to play a beta? what the hell!?!

and yes to answer some fplks bad vibes, they MUST be using gamespy. <_<

OMFG you need to pay for beta testing????? :blink:

That is so bad! You are doing testing for a company with all kinds of NDA' and you still need to pay for it???

Jeez Cmon :tsk:

I don't like this beta crap. i tried but, why the hell should I have to sign up and pay $$$ just to play a beta? what the hell!?!

That is so bad! You are doing testing for a company with all kinds of NDA' and you still need to pay for it???

just to clarify. you don't pay for the beta, you pay for the Fileplanet subscription. You also get tons of other things, including betas for other games and more

and people wonder how weird rumours start, well folks, this is how! :) its not the first time papa6 has jumped the gun and screamed out in agony over something that only minutes later turns out to be not true. but I guess thats part of your charm papa6! :)

as someone else said, its not the beta you are paying for, its the subscription to that particular download service.

and people wonder how weird rumours start, well folks, this is how! :) its not the first time papa6 has jumped the gun and screamed out in agony over something that only minutes later turns out to be not true. but I guess thats part of your charm papa6! :)

as someone else said, its not the beta you are paying for, its the subscription to that particular download service.

True Wille, but is there an other way, without a service to pay for, to get an hold on the BETA? If so I take everything I said back. As you all know I never had the intention and resources to BETA test, so I never got those e-mails and can only judge on what the UBI and Gamespy sites tell me. And for as far I can see none of those made a note that you need a paid subscribtion of Fileplanet in order to do BETA testing.

I understand that you don't pay for the BETA itself but in order to get a hold on the files you have to be a paid subscriber to Fileplanet?

I would have guessed UBI offered the BETA files from an secured site which needs login to get to the files. The login would only be spread under the enrolled BETA testers. My arguement is that you don't need Fileplanet or any other file-hosting company to make sure the files stay in private hands. I think Papa6 had a problem with the fact that in order to get the files you need to subscribe to that company while he doesn't really need that subscription for any other purposes.

Sorry for any mixup about this issue. 0:)

*edit:

If you were invited, you don't need a paid GameSpy/FilePlanet account to apply for the beta.

If you were not invited, you do need a paid account to apply.

Ok, there is the answer, (I guess :unsure:). There indeed are two different groups of BETA testers:

1. The invited by e-mail group

2. The public group (still invited TMO through the UBI website)

Still a strange way of doing this. I would say that the second group could also apply for BETA testing after the first group was confirmed. So the second group would fill in the 'empty slots'. If they (the applicants) made a good arguement about why they want to join a BETA test, UBI would then decide if they were granted to be a member of the BETA testing group (ie. they would be 'invited' too). :unsure:

I probably don't really understand what is going on so I'll just refrain myself from further comments. :shhhh:

Edited by Toniezz

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot what UK magazine I saw this at local Barnes&Noble...it had the water-cooled Dell pictured and a quick statement on how it cool it can handle...get this...Tom Clancy's Maximum Assault Death Force 7.

I tried Googling it and cannot find anything to this.

Its a relatively new UK PC magazine that had caught my eye coz it had Armed Assault Demo in its DVD-ROM+Mag issue.

The magazine itself is $15 (DVD-ROM) issue.

Any1 else seen this?

:unsure:

I'll do an April Fools now and then, but this one I just happen to come across. Sorry to get folks excited but I'll try to stop by B&N this coming Sunday, hopefully there's still a copy on the shelf.

B&N is on 75th&Lemont in DownersGrove,IL next to Pizza Hut, just in case someone can get there sooner.

Its a UK magazine it either had a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cover or Unreal Tournament 2007 cover, with DVD-ROM demos.

Its either April or May edition.