Question about number of multiplayer maps and the time of day feature.

newman

even if they made 10 maps out of 6

thats still 14 unique maps right? seems pretty good to me.

still i would rather have dynamic time of day and wether so we could have any map with any time with any weather

14maps x 4 times of day x 4 types of weather would = awesome

Times of day would be day, night, sunset, and dusk

weather would be Clear , cloudy, fog, and rain.

i imagine they have all these represented but it will be more like GRAW 1 multiplay with aftermath sunset and aftermath night.

or maybe i am completely wrong and they have time of day.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if they made 10 maps out of 6

thats still 14 unique maps right? seems pretty good to me.

still i would rather have dynamic time of day and wether so we could have any map with any time with any weather

14maps x 4 times of day x 4 types of weather would = awesome

Times of day would be day, night, sunset, and dusk

weather would be Clear , cloudy, fog, and rain.

i imagine they have all these represented but it will be more like GRAW 1 multiplay with aftermath sunset and aftermath night.

or maybe i am completely wrong and they have time of day.

Once you have selected the map you want you can then toggle the weather or time of day....I have seen this in the ign video diary....the 'X' button allows you to toggle the lighting settings for ALL maps.

Edited by ReapeR eXe

aftermath

back alley

crash site

embassy

fort

hydrodam

lagoon

monument hill

those are all the map names shown on the ign video........all the maps are shown with 2 time of day options on the video...like fort, fort night....

it does lend itself to the 8 maps 2x of day = 16 map theory....

though 8 maps + 6 co-op maps = 14 which is the map number i originally heard reported..

Edited by 5timechamp

You also can set cloud overcast, which can also change up the lighting quite a bit. So to answer your question, there is 18 different/unique maps

see its kind like an incomplete answer.....lets try this..

What part of 18 UNIQUE/DIFFERENT maps did you not understand.

just rewatched the MP interview...

heres what i got..

I get 18 for adversarial

6 co-op maps....

8 of the maps are original adversarial exclusive....

10 are made up from chunks of the 6 co-op maps....

If u can make 10 more maps out of the 6 co-op maps then its safe to think that the co-op missions/maps are going to be huge...

so ultimately newmans' original assesment was right...

What part of 18 UNIQUE/DIFFERENT maps did you not understand

well if some maps are merely pieces of a larger one then....i suppose its not completely unique or different......unless u know something about those maps that we dont...then by all means share...im not here to argue..im just a fan and want to know the info...

i watched the IGN weekly video that shows the toggle for the time and weather settings for the maps. and all of the 8 adversarail maps had an alternate version. not quite any time on any map but a cool value added feature none the less.

Also I am very pleased with the new night vision.

ALSO

"What part of 18 UNIQUE/DIFFERENT maps did you not understand?"

Obviously this is not the case and i think that the way they have done the maps is what adds to the confusion. in the end though multi player and co-op portion of this game have sold me on yet another GR purchase.

i watched the IGN weekly video that shows the toggle for the time and weather settings for the maps. and all of the 8 adversarail maps had an alternate version. not quite any time on any map but a cool value added feature none the less.

You have link to that video? I thought I had seen all of them but evidently I missed that one because I didn't anything on weather settings.

http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html

its a big download

like I said its just a toggle for an alternate version. so night or day or sunset or could be a weather change too. like thicker fog of war or something.

but its only like old town and old town morning. where the time of day effects the fog level ....

so not weather so much as atmosphere

http://media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html

its a big download

like I said its just a toggle for an alternate version. so night or day or sunset or could be a weather change too. like thicker fog of war or something.

but its only like old town and old town morning. where the time of day effects the fog level ....

so not weather so much as atmosphere

Thanks

OK, now the information has been released, I'll clarify.

There are a total of 18 "spaces" to play in, 14 unique maps. Alternate times of day is not counted into that. It breaks down like this:

8 "Adversarial" Maps (Solo, Team, Co-Op gamemodes) - These range in size from large to medium, and includes Embassy

6 "Co-Op Campaign" Maps (Campaign, Solo, Team, Co-Op Game Modes) - These are the big maps

4 "Cut Down" Maps made from portions of the Co-Op maps (Solo, Team, Co-Op Game Modes) - Think "Trainyard Interior" as an example - These are very small maps along the size of Boneyard

The 8 "Adversarial" maps also each have an alternate time of day (morning/night, etc).

Hope this helps clarify.

This is how I am reading this. Please bear with me as I retype in my words what was said above:

Ick's Summary:

• 8 Adversarial Maps (All game types, including siege and co-op, just no set campaign mission) These maps have alternate time of day settings.
  • 6 Campaign maps (All Game Types, including siege and co-op)
  • 4 cut down maps from campaign (all game types including siege and co-op, just no set campaign mission)

As we know from GRAW changing the lighting really CAN completely change a map. So if that is true in GRAW 2, we are probably looking at 26 maps variations.

Granted, 4 of these are smaller versions of a larger map (Like Train Yard Interoir map was a small part of Train Depot map in GRIT)

If I am in fact reading that right....that is UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE.

Edited by Ick

just incase this horese isn't dead.

Adversarial maps list

aftermath

Backalley

Crash site

Embacy

Fort

hydrodam

Lagoon

Monument hill

Toggled lighting version

aftermath (either night or sunset have seen both versions being played)

Backalley sunset

Crash site Midday

Embacy afternoon

Fort Night

hydrodam sunrise

Lagoon evening

Monument hill overcast

That leaves

6 completely uniqe co-op maps that i don't think we have seen

and the 4 maps that are cut down versions of those maps.

i am willing to bet the cut down versions are re lit versions as well.

March can't come quick enough

and to quote ICK

"....that is UN-FREAKIN-BELIEVABLE."

Edited by newman

I just watched the IGN video of them playing and I saw a "CONNECTION FAILED" at the end...which is why they stopped playing. Not a good thing....looks like more of the same. :wall:

Don't let Chris Bray host press matches, he has a tendancy to kick his power supply when he is getting killed. :wall::whistle:

They kept playing after that, it just ended up at the end of the video.

I just watched the IGN video of them playing and I saw a "CONNECTION FAILED" at the end...which is why they stopped playing. Not a good thing....looks like more of the same. :wall:

Don't let Chris Bray host press matches, he has a tendancy to kick his power supply when he is getting killed. :wall::whistle:

They kept playing after that, it just ended up at the end of the video.

ok :)

What's the deal with all the secrecy surrounding the co-op side of the game? Is there some new game play that we don't know about or some big surprise waiting for us.....coz I'm getting all excited about the MP and what I have seen so far looks like a step up from GRAW 1.

GRAW is all about MP and team based play....that's why I lived on the co-op missions for months.....any news other than 6 missions on slightly bigger maps.......or do we have to keep waiting....lol.....the level of expectancy is growing as each day passes without any snippet of info....we are Intel whores here at GR.net....feed us Intel, we need Intel......please throw us another bone Serellan.....now we know you are alive and well we need more from you.....lol.

We wait for your guidance.................. :thumbsup::wall:

Edited by ReapeR eXe

This image on there is interesting:

http://www.xbox-360.fr/visuimage.php?image...emiere_image=63

What's "Detection"? Is that in MP? If so, we usually play with friendly IFF only or off entirely. Will it still be a factor?

Also, "Medkits 3". Does that vary with roles? Seems to be a description window about the role selected up top. The rifleman getting more, for example? Also, is that how the MP healing/medkits will be done? Nice addition, limiting the times you can do that.

Edited by Raw Kryptonite