DRAW Distance final

Papa6

I completed what i can of the draw distance mod for GRAW. I shot a copy of it to ghostaholic for exclusive download. the file size is 1432MB about. the beta was only in the low hundreds MB. But i missed some files and consider myself lucky that the beta worked.

But you must remove or delete the beta version from your local folder.

then extract the final version and place the new quick bundle folder into your local folder as you did the beta.

that's it!

the download link is Here

Note: it will take some time to download, so please give yourselves the time to download the mod if you desire.

I hope you all continue to use the mod until Grin can implement this into the game.

ALSO: servers AND clients MUST have the mod in their local folder to work. then if you want to go back and play default GRAW, either move the folder out of the local directory or delete it. maybe implement "draw distance mod" into the server name so others will know.

Cheers!

Papa6

Edited by Papa6

papa no discrespect intended, but a gig and a half?:) for some modded xml files?:) im sure there is a more convinient way to distribute this!:)

thanks for the effort! however I think alot more people will try it out if you just locate the xml files and create them in the the appropriate file/folder structure!

papa no discrespect intended, but a gig and a half?:) for some modded xml files?:) im sure there is a more convinient way to distribute this!:)

thanks for the effort! however I think alot more people will try it out if you just locate the xml files and create them in the the appropriate file/folder structure!

I know of more conveniant way, GRIN could implement in their next patch? :pirate::P

this is the quick.bundle file extracted that GRIN made it in the bundle format 2.48GB about. but hey , if you guys don't want to use then don't download it. :thumbsup: I could re-bundle it all but it is 2.95GB unbundled or 1.33GB archived with Winrar

@ Grin_Wille ,added, there are over 1,000 "material.xml" files that you told me I needed to edit. I find that a bit extraordinarythat you wille of all people who helped me with this would realise that all the .xml's you told to edit can be packaged and then have the user place them into the correct folder(s). I don't have installation creation software to do this. :blush:

Edited by Papa6

not sure maybe double what it was? :hmm:

I'm backing away from GRAW for awhile. all the file editing i did to make this mod has me burned out a bit. I think I'll go shuffle around in a different game for awhile. I think since it's fall here where I'm at, I'll link up with my buddies and do some deer hunter 2005 and bird hunter and get some birds.

I might see you all at a later time.bye.

Edited by Papa6

I have to assume that the mod comes with some performance hit, I dont see how it could be done otherwise. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I dont exactly want anything thats going to slow GRAW down in the next patch. Also (and I'm not sure exactly how this works when one person is editing something another made) there are copyright laws that might well prevent GRIN from using Papa's work.

But great job on the mod Papa, I may have to check this out.

Hi Papa6

I've just DL your Mode and I don't know how it works, I've put it into C:\...\GRAW\local\english\quick bundle

and nothing is happening !!! I've change the Textures of the ghost_team just to know if ur mod is runing or not and when I run GRAW no skin has changed !!!

Then I took all the files which are in the file "quick bundle" and I put them in C:\...\GRAW\local\english\

and no result.

Then I took the file "quick bundle" and I put it in C:\...\GRAW\local\ and no result.

Please how can I know if your mod is working or not !

Thank you !

just place the "quick bundle" folder into your \local folder. simple.

well if im not mistaken you also have to edit the context.xml so the starting line says language="papasmod"(where "papasmod" could be whatever you are calling the folder

or am I wrong? my brain is feeling weird today...

well if im not mistaken you also have to edit the context.xml so the starting line says language="papasmod"(where "papasmod" could be whatever you are calling the folder

1- C:\...\GRAW\local\english\quick bundle -----> nothing

2- C:\...\GRAW\local\ -----> nothing

I tried for "language="papasmod"(where "papasmod" could be whatever you are calling the folder " but nothing happened !!!

A question: if I change in the "textures" folder the skin of the ghosts it should works and this means that the mod is working, but after all my attemps no skin available in game !

How can wa know if the Mod is working ?

1- C:\...\GRAW\local\english\quick bundle -----> nothing

2- C:\...\GRAW\local\ -----> nothing

I tried for "language="papasmod"(where "papasmod" could be whatever you are calling the folder " but nothing happened !!!

A question: if I change in the "textures" folder the skin of the ghosts it should works and this means that the mod is working, but after all my attemps no skin available in game !

How can wa know if the Mod is working ?

What's this about skins?

I thought it was a draw distance mod and nothing else. :unsure: