Adjustments to the Draw distance

Papa6

Great work Papa6, I think the increased draw distance makes it much better.

I always thought the short 150m draw distance would have been imposed for performance reasons but I did not notice any drop in fps at all with your mod.

Willie, is there any chance you could have this increased with the next patch? or atleast get a sliding bar like in bf2.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work Papa6, I think the increased draw distance makes it much better.

I always thought the short 150m draw distance would have been imposed for performance reasons but I did not notice any drop in fps at all with your mod.

Willie, is there any chance you could have this increased with the next patch? or atleast get a sliding bar like in bf2.

Sliding bar seems preferable, to avoid bitching from those who like it as it is.

thanks guys. I'm still getting trees that magically appear. this is really wierd. but I think there's a way I'm sure of it.

those of you who have tested it, have you noticed a difference? I noticed playing [GR] COOP mayday! mayday! that, the bad guys seem to engage you alot further out than normal

i went around to the gate side(north up from spawn by the crashed helo) and got to the first building looking east and had three baddies engage me at once. it was exciting.

Edited by Papa6

It gives you a files don't match error " anti-cheat yes. but all you have to do is remove the folder from your local folder. to play normal games that is. anti cheat catches this.

but just having the folder in local will cause this since maybe the server doesn't have the mod in it's local folder

I'm not terribly bright, so perhaps you could clarify this for me:

If the server has the mod installed, will people without the mod be able to join the server?

@cangaroo..no all have to have th esame mod to play on a server. ie if server has the mod, then you must as well. if the server DOESN'T have th emod and you do, remove the folder "quick bundle" out of the local folder.

I'd like to stop right here and give a warm thanks to Grin_Wille who was instrumental in helping me out.

Thanks Grin_Wille! :thumbsup:

-Papa6

Edited by Papa6

So this works in all modes? I ask cuz I was just in a COOP (created LAN coop) by my lonesome, on Strong Point map. What I was looking for was a way to engage the machineguns in the far bunker from within the boundaries of pre-CP1 mission area. That little knoll across the road, about 10-15 meters before the two .50's is a great spot. I go up there during the mission before hitting the resupply to deal with the first tower sniper, the sandbag gunner just past him, and (if I'm lucky) the three patrol guys coming up the hill from between the two bunkers. I was hoping to be able to engage the MG's in the far bunker from there with the M99, but they're not spawned in or something. Not even the guns are drawn. I believe I'm looking at around a 178 meter distance to the back wall inside the bunker facing me, but it's just the low LOD bunker, empty.

What gives?

i would think so Rabbi. I haven't tested it in campaign mode. but it should still work.

I'm desperately trying to work with that. but i have been able to see more enemies and further out than before it seems. I've adjusted the clipping data accordingly. but this might just well be a game engine thing.

Edited by Papa6

So this works in all modes? I ask cuz I was just in a COOP (created LAN coop) by my lonesome, on Strong Point map. What I was looking for was a way to engage the machineguns in the far bunker from within the boundaries of pre-CP1 mission area. That little knoll across the road, about 10-15 meters before the two .50's is a great spot. I go up there during the mission before hitting the resupply to deal with the first tower sniper, the sandbag gunner just past him, and (if I'm lucky) the three patrol guys coming up the hill from between the two bunkers. I was hoping to be able to engage the MG's in the far bunker from there with the M99, but they're not spawned in or something. Not even the guns are drawn. I believe I'm looking at around a 178 meter distance to the back wall inside the bunker facing me, but it's just the low LOD bunker, empty.

What gives?

I think Grin uses triggers to spawn the enemy so in this case you havent reached the trigger area so the guys havent spawned. Just a guess but Grin can validate it.

I believe they have pretty much said they do. Point being though that at less than 180 meters, with the original DD being 147~, I still had no visibility on static elements like the .50MG's in the bunkers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I put the folder where I was supposed to I thought....

I believe they have pretty much said they do. Point being though that at less than 180 meters, with the original DD being 147~, I still had no visibility on static elements like the .50MG's in the bunkers. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I put the folder where I was supposed to I thought....

well as far as I know he didnt change the clipping planes on the 50 cal MGs? as I said, many things to consider:)

Thought so. LOL, like I know anything, right?

Admittedly, I have still seen enemy AI dropping in (like they appear a foot off the ground) at about the same distances they always did. Quite the little ###### when that happens and they settle into a hail of bullets, courtesy of ME...

I got this figured out. I found out what i need to do. being tired from my new son hampered my neuro net processor, I am a T-101 made by cybrdine systems...lmao! J/K

But my work so far has paid off . I'll keep you all posted. you guys should enjoy the end effect

this should work with SP campaign mode as well.

Edited by Papa6

I got this figured out. I found out what i need to do. being tired from my new son hampered my neuro net processor, I am a T-101 made by cybrdine systems...lmao! J/K

But my work so far has paid off . I'll keep you all posted. you guys should enjoy the end effect

this should work with SP campaign mode as well.

I was playing around with my settings today and i noticed this... with post effects on (so the sun looks realistic and you get the haze at the distance) there is no clipping, as it just looks like the brightness is blurring it out. Try it on strongpoint and you'll see what i mean.

The maps are designed i think for post effects turned medium or high.

Problem there is when using the sniper zoom, everything starts looking very low lod. :ermm:

I've tested your mod a little, Papa, and it's looking pretty good. Some things in the background were still very low lod while others looked a lot better. And yeah, the enemy does engage at a much greater distance. They see just as far as we do! :ph34r:

Ok. Maybe we can get Grin to fix it then.

Trying to convince BDA to use this on their server when it's in release form, but they'll only accept it if it comes in a patch from Grin/UBI, as I've understood it. Hopefully we can get them to put it in then - especially if people aren't noticing any drops in FPS because of it.

Now I have to go and reinstall my game 'cos I just got a real problem with it tonight - FPS dropped to like 5/10 when I tried to play today (had nothing to do with your mod)...

Ok. Cool.

I got my rig going properly again. Had to turn OFF SLI. So it's probably my PSU that's not quite up to the challenge. I've already had it replaced once 'cos the one I got from the store to start with couldn't handle SLI.

This one is supposed to be SLI compatible, but still doesn't seem to work well! :wall:

Ok. Cool.

I got my rig going properly again. Had to turn OFF SLI. So it's probably my PSU that's not quite up to the challenge. I've already had it replaced once 'cos the one I got from the store to start with couldn't handle SLI.

This one is supposed to be SLI compatible, but still doesn't seem to work well! :wall:

"SLI Compatible" is marketing crap, you have to calculate what kind of wattage you need based on the cards in use.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculator.jsp

Everyone's computer is different, theres no cookie cutter solution.

Yeah, I know. A guy on my clan forum told me all about that when my first PSU failed. So I told the guy in the store that I needed one with at least 2 12v outputs on 18A each.

LOL that thing said I need over 900w on my psu. :o

The weird thing is, my game HAS worked with my current PSU. It only stopped working the day before yesterday.

Edited by AW Shinobi

With everything that I have in my computer, it told me that I needed a 291w PSU. LOL

MSI K8N Neo3

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

1gb Kingston RAM

MSI nVidia 6600GT PCI-e 256mb DDR2

WD 80gb Sata

WD 120gb IDE

WD 80gb IDE

SoundBlaster Live!

DVD-R/W

DVD - CD-R/W

NIC

I wouldn't run this much equipment on anything less than a 450w PSU.