NEW INTEL!

This is TOTALLY unofficial, but my sources are rock-solid.

Some buddies of mine pulled off a raid on the GRiN 'Secret-Squirrel SkunkworkZ" in Tirrenia, Italy (HA! Y'all thought they were FRENCH!) and spied the latest updates due-out in the July patch. Here's the good, the bad, and the ugly, as the RAbbi sees it...

1.) GotBugz? That's the name of the newest utility being secretly developed by GRiN. They're keeping it under even Ubi's radar. This utility monitors your PC and GRAW application while you play and watches for irregularities that could cause crashes or glitches. In the event of a game crash, GBZ actually identifies the error and REWRITES THE XML LINES that were faulty. In early testing it seems this utility eventually rewrote the entire game into something more closely resembling Operation: Flashpoint, but with WAY cooler explosions. GRiN_n00Bt00B's personal notes (you haven't met him yet, not has anyone who REALLY works for GRiN) show that the utility itself has been thoroughly debugged. He hated OFP too.

2.) New Skins! Ontiveros will lose the silly camo face paint (that did nothing at all for him in an urban environment anyhow) and swap his goofy uniform for a pink tutu. This is CONFIRMED!

3.) New Character Classes! You'll have the opportunity to add a Medic (Army MOS 18D- Special Forces Medical Sergeant) to your team, but will have to sacrifice CPT Mitchell's 'Special' character in order to do so. Unfortunately, it causes a minor bug, since you STILL can't continue a COOP mission without the TL. Fix forthcoming in the September patch, but Ubi INSISTED this feature be shipped immediately. Supposedly the Medic can carry a limited amount of medical supplies in his backpack in place of extra ammo, ZEUS, etc. He will NOT be able to pick-up medical supplies from fallen enemies, nor will he be able to REVIVE dead teammates. Oddly though, he DOES carry death-inducing shock paddles for close combat. Again, this was all Ubi's idea. GRiN's hands appear to have been tied.

4.) More in-game voices for SP and MP DOMINATION. Once again, Ubi comes to the rescue of the GR fan. Someone up there at the top of Ubi Palace, in Ubi City, UbiLand, has decided that we didn't get to see enough of certain characters later on in the game. Remember the 'Geez, I wish I was out there with the shooters' guy from Mission #1? He's along for the WHOLE ride with color commentary to make John Madden seem quiet by comparison. You will now be voice-guided around every corner, through every alley, and across every plaza, by some geek on the other side of a 10,000-mile long satellite link witha fresh cup of coffee and plenty of KrispyKreme's.

5.) TDM! It's REALLY HERE! Teams will be limited to two players per side ONLY. Gotta love Ubi for this one! This should shake-up the TCZ ladder a bit, cuz we all know how insanely popular GR 2v2 was, right? Also, this is only offered on one map- 'Hollow.' More to come in future patches.

6.) Support for VR peripherals! Remember Duck Hunt? Now, if you've got your old NES Duck Gun handy, you'll be able to plug it in (via a $1,299.00 PCIe card available at CompUSA ONLY) and shoot 'em up for REAL! Also available is the 'Darth nVader headgear from nVidia to give you the 360degree pano's, and a $12.00 adapter for your Dance Dance Revolution dancemat. These should all combine to provide a true immersion experience for the GRAW fan in your household. Be prepared to take a second mortgage, though, as nVidia has ye to release pricing on it's piece of the pie...

Patch size should come in at a rather portly 1.21 Jigawatts (oh, sorry- 12.4 KB) and will be available ONLY with a paid subscription to GameSpy Platinum Plus.

Kinda makes you wish Ubi would stay the hell out of it, eh?

WHAT?! You didn't think that I, of ALL people, was farkin' serious?! :whistle:

Did you?

:wall::g_withgrin:

mmm...still mulling over the consequences of all of this intel.

:rofl:

GJ RAbbi_74 on having those rock solid sources.

I'll prolly get voted off the GR island for this one, but hell with it. I'm having fun!

:grin1:

Some buddies of mine pulled off a raid on the GRiN 'Secret-Squirrel SkunkworkZ" in Tirrenia, Italy (HA! Y'all thought they were FRENCH!)

I was under the impression that most people have understood that we are swedish :ph34r::thumbsup:

Some buddies of mine pulled off a raid on the GRiN 'Secret-Squirrel SkunkworkZ" in Tirrenia, Italy (HA! Y'all thought they were FRENCH!)

I was under the impression that most people has understood that we are swedish :ph34r::thumbsup:

I've heard or read you guys being accused of everything in Europe except Portuguese (spelling?).

Hell, at this point even I am confused... :wacko:

Guess I should direct my browser somewhere else once in a while, eh? GRiN's true home away from home (in Italy)

Edited by RAbbi_74

In the event of a game crash, GBZ actually identifies the error and REWRITES THE XML LINES that were faulty. In early testing it seems this utility eventually rewrote the entire game into something more closely resembling Operation: Flashpoint

:rofl:

I was under the impression that most people have understood that we are swedish :ph34r::thumbsup:

Grin_Wille is a imposter from Italy! get him!!!! :rofl:

Edited by Papa6

And WOW is he psyched about that score, too!

Personally, I didn't care who won if only I could get to see Croatia beat the pants off Germany again!

(Croatia- population in 1998, 2.3 million... Germany-population in 1998, ~80 million?)

Rofl 2 v 2 TDM, if that happend, I would personally go down and punch the person who thought this would be a good idea... i'm guessing this is supposed to be funny? Maybe it's just too early or perhaps the fact that GRAW is one hell of a mess but I just didn't laugh.

Patch size should come in at a rather portly 1.21 Jigawatts (oh, sorry- 12.4 KB)

:wall::g_withgrin:

WHAT'S A JIGGAWATT????????

A Jiggawatt is very much like a thingamagig.

I'm really in a state of "flux" over my "capacity" to come to grips with this game. Maybe it's because my my mother thinks my underwear have my name embroidered on them.

Edited by Stealth-IRA

2.) New Skins! Ontiveros will lose the silly camo face paint (that did nothing at all for him in an urban environment anyhow) and swap his goofy uniform for a pink tutu. This is CONFIRMED!

4.) More in-game voices for SP and MP DOMINATION. Once again, Ubi comes to the rescue of the GR fan. Someone up there at the top of Ubi Palace, in Ubi City, UbiLand, has decided that we didn't get to see enough of certain characters later on in the game. Remember the 'Geez, I wish I was out there with the shooters' guy from Mission #1? He's along for the WHOLE ride with color commentary to make John Madden seem quiet by comparison. You will now be voice-guided around every corner, through every alley, and across every plaza, by some geek on the other side of a 10,000-mile long satellite link witha fresh cup of coffee and plenty of KrispyKreme's.

:rofl: good read! im impressed :lol: