SPQR clan skins!

Yes. I am completely impressed with that shot! I don't know whats the matter with the devs obsession with glo-n dark orange!

Question though, is this mod client side? Meaning that I can join mp with these new skins or is this a mod that won't work with mp.

But regardless I am downloading it right now great great job!

:grin1:

I don't really know about MP couse I never try it, I have to connect with a 56k so I don't know.

I hope that it works as GR so You should not have problems.If someone test it on MP please post to say that it works or no. :blink:

I have one request, could you please make the GLs black as well?

You mean the granade launcher that goes under rifle,couse I don't retexutered it ,tomorrow I will take a look :thumbsup:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The multicam uniform looks much better than the GRAW orange one, but imo allready a little too dark. maybe you could make it just a tad brighter? I cant do all that modding stff but i would realy like to see how a realistc multicam uniform would look like in GRAW!

look at some of the pics from www.multicampattern.com they are somewhat brighter than yours but not nearly as orange as the original GRAW uniforms.

http://www.multicampattern.com/img/img1b.jpg

in bright sunlight:

http://www.multicampattern.com/img/img17b.jpg

This is what multicam looks like:

graw_010_small.jpg

graw_013_small.jpg

tilliboy, is there a way to uninstall it? Does your mod change any original game files?

There's an uninstall and this mod doesnot overwrite original files .

the only thing to do is to edit the context .xml file in the game main folder as explained in the readme txt .

:blink: Someone try it in MP?does it work?

Well I just tried it out in multiplayer and you just removed the ONLY beef I had with the graphics. The skins look awesome! The opposing team has the same as the original but your teamates and yourself look great - Much much better!

Thanks!

Ok now that I've played it some more a couple of things - this only mods the skin for the US side. But I could swear that the colours used in the game are ... less orange, for lack of a better description. Looks fantastic for sure.

Edited by *CDN* 12Gauge

First of all ciao B52!!!!

Tillboy, nice job but your textures can be much smaller if you save the dds files them as DX5 with the microsoft DXTEX tool...?

I thought it was possible but i wasn't sure so I use the default options (I learn everithing reading posts on this forum but I've to connect with a 56k so I can't read all), I've to download something to save them as DX5 ?Or if no which settings to select before saving textures? Is possible that my skins are not so shiny for that reason(I don't know nothing about theory and files format) ?

Today probably I will release a patch for the scar-granade-launcher I forgot to edit last time :whistle: ( sorry silent _op and thanks to remind me! :rofl: )

Last but more important,some of my clanmates make me think about the possibility that thoose skins probably will not working anymore in MP with the new incoming patch.Couse of the fact that if someone edit for example some sort of really colorfull (easy to see ) camo for characters

this will result in a sort of clean hack or cheat , what do you think?I hope that noone like to play with pink characters just to see them better!

Edited by tilliboy

Today probably I will release a patch for the scar-granade-launcher I forgot to edit last time :whistle: ( sorry silent _op and thanks to remind me! :rofl: )

That would be so very cool. Thanks, well actually thanks from all of us here.

For the record, your skins work just fine in CO-OP (that is the only MP I used them in). I also simply added the textures folder to the GR:AW Community Mod Pack v1.0 (already installed in my GR:AW folder) "english" folder. It works, no problems.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

All I can say is "OUTSTANDING"! I've got my new official skins now and it makes the game look top notch now (well no AA yet, but yeah) LESS orange and the new green multicam looks awesome. That and I took the plunge and tweaked my settings for high via the xml. and the game runs great AND looks way better too! Happy day!

I still don't get if I have a 256mb card only and it runs High textures (with little slowdown) WHY the original restriction to 500+ only?

Must be to sell mo' 360's.... :g_withgrin:

"tillboy" take a F'N bow! :thumbsup:

Tillboy, nice job but your textures can be much smaller if you save the dds files them as DX5 with the microsoft DXTEX tool...?

Yes,you're right,I reduce to halfsize and luckily I found the skinning tutorial I was looking for,so I check for my doubt and resave everithing in the right format adding the blackscar granade launcher I forgot to edit!So soon I think that version 1.1 will be downloadable.

"tillboy" take a F'N bow!

Sorry :whistle: but I don't know what it means.(is slang?)

Edited by tilliboy

as soon as we get the mod tools we will see if a multicam will do his job in a rural enviroment :grin1: (I really hope so coz of the lighting system.. :shifty: )

..now it's kinda wasted in a city map :(

multicam.jpg

OMFG me wants, me wants! These are just awesome! WOW!

Great job!

Hi;

My first post here i think. I don't post much on forums.

Great job on the mod'ed uniforms. I do have a question however, which files are you changing or adding to effect this change? What are the file names so I will be able to keep track of them a little better in case I have a problem of some sort?

Tilliboy and all other Skin modders, please make the eye patch (cross comm blue eye), not so bright. That thing is so bright that I can understand why all the tangos shoot at the Captain first. Who else would be stuck with that damn screaming bright blue target on his head (thank you UBI GR:AW conceptual team)? It really should be an extremely soft blue tint.

"Start with the officers and work your way down." - Mel Gibson (The Patriot)

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Guest Jace11

Digitaly, is there a chance of you releasing them..?

I tried to download your last cammo from rapidshare but you'd taken it down.

Digitaly, is there a chance of you releasing them..?

I tried to download your last cammo from rapidshare but you'd taken it down.

Yup I had to take it down after the tons of PM on the "How am I supposed to use this rapidshare thing?" subject :wacko: but there should be a mirror around..

the multicam still needs a little work on the gloves coz I'm trying to do my best to replicate the one in the photo (cool photo btw :thumbsup: )