I've gone all Victor Meldrew

It may have something to with my age, it may have something to do with having 3 kids (one on the way) and my ever increasing lack of patience but just lately this forum is sounding more and more like a creche for spoiled kids, the amount of posts that I've read saying "this game sucks", "I'm taking it back", "we want blah blah blah" is unbelievable. Its not the best game in the world but its certainly not deserved of all the flak thats being thrown its way, surely we dont live in an age where we have to moan about every flaw over and over and over again, my pc runs the game great and to be totally blunt if yours doesnt I dont really care, if you want to run it like its meant to look then I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade, I did and it cost me an arm and a leg and I'm loving it. How many games have you played that were never patched? I cant think of any, unless I go back to my ZX Spectrum days which is a long time back, I'm a bit old to be a fanboy too, Grin did a good job, the attention to detail is remarkable and I'm seriously impressed with it, there are flaws but I'm confident they'll be put right so please please please can we stop the whinging cos its got old really really quick.

//Rant mode off :wall:

I totally agree with most but this:

...How many games have you played that were never patched? I cant think of any, unless I go back to my ZX Spectrum days which is a long time back...

I think Lockdown has yet to be patch, unless it has been within the last week or so. So there is a legit concern, since both are by UBI.

Edited by RicRogue

Whistle this is exactly what I'm talking about you seem to have this stumbling block and cant get the past that this ISNT GR, if I gave you the new Elvis who could sing and dance like Elvis, sounded like him you'd still say it wasnt Elvis and you'd be right, it isnt so forget about Elvis and enjoy what you've got, the new improved but different Elvis.

Lockdown has a patch due too ;)

To be honest, as soon as I see the GRAW icon/title next to a post I don't bother (it's all just the same rubbish.......... and depressing)

The only reason I viewed this one is the victor meldrew heading.

In truth (problems aside) this game has the best result possible in the circumstances (a dev team who care in spite of the publishing company).

But every possitive thread is eventually hijacked by negative posts

So very very sad :(

It's almost as if no-one really wants a successor

no doubt Crowman. i've only been lurking this board until now, but 95% of the threads are people with too much of a negative perspective. i'm not old school GR1 like i've seen others posting about, so in effect i don't know what that experience was like, and therefor don't hold some grudge about it not somehow holding true to it. since buying this game up on release day, i've been happy with it. of course there are some bugs, like a thousand threads elaborate on. but this game is great and i can't wait to see it get better with updates, and especially community mods! i'm especially psyched for that in particular :thumbsup:

I agree that the gameplay is great but you can't deny the fact that compared the xbox 360 version is far more polished and offers a lot more diversity to it's pc counterpart.

I would say though that the majority of whines are quite stupid and pointless but I feel that treating pc customers as second class gamers, is a very legitimate concern and Ubi have gave us pc gamers the middle finger on quite a few occasions.

First I was only about to say :stupid: @ you Crow but what you said was so right on spot that it need to be said in full quote once more

It may have something to with my age, it may have something to do with having 3 kids (one on the way) and my ever increasing lack of patience but just lately this forum is sounding more and more like a creche for spoiled kids, the amount of posts that I've read saying "this game sucks", "I'm taking it back", "we want blah blah blah" is unbelievable. Its not the best game in the world but its certainly not deserved of all the flak thats being thrown its way, surely we dont live in an age where we have to moan about every flaw over and over and over again, my pc runs the game great and to be totally blunt if yours doesnt I dont really care, if you want to run it like its meant to look then I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade, I did and it cost me an arm and a leg and I'm loving it. How many games have you played that were never patched? I cant think of any, unless I go back to my ZX Spectrum days which is a long time back, I'm a bit old to be a fanboy too, Grin did a good job, the attention to detail is remarkable and I'm seriously impressed with it, there are flaws but I'm confident they'll be put right so please please please can we stop the whinging cos its got old really really quick.

//Rant mode off :wall:

That thing about Elvis was good. Not sure every one here knows who he was though.

Edit:

Hey Figge! Time for bed now! Dont forget you have a working day tomorrow continuing makeing GRAW even better

Edited by Enos Pork

I agree that the gameplay is great but you can't deny the fact that compared the xbox 360 version is far more polished and offers a lot more diversity to it's pc counterpart.

I would say though that the majority of whines are quite stupid and pointless but I feel that treating pc customers as second class gamers, is a very legitimate concern and Ubi have gave us pc gamers the middle finger on quite a few occasions.

Actually not really true..The problem is the XBOX 360's Tri- processor set up with Ageia ppu support is a std bought in a box. I have a SLI setup with PPU by Ageia and so with my CPU + 2xGPU & PPU the effect if great....now i'm not stating I got loads of money etc.. [which I have not] I'm stating that if you want GRAW to look very pretty your gonna have to up your PC HARDWARE.... FACT.. sorry.....

The xbox graphics processor setup are not the same as your average joe's PC and that's most peoples problem... inc....yours...I don't think GRIN has treated us as Second-rate-users.....but it's a sad fact that our systems just arn't changed as often as a gaming console... [ MS are developing the XBOX360 replacement]. One year ago the Xbox was the toy of the year now it's cupboard space in some homes... As us poor PC owners battle on.. with 2-3 year old systems....

Sad Truth....... :wacko:

Well, it appears I've this Victor Mildrew syndrome is contagious, which is starting to cause more errors in the system....

error.jpg

Your just going to get carried away.. literally..by the boys in white... :notworthy:

Tell me WHERE IS THE PROMISED LAND ehehehehehe

:pokerface: [closest thing to a fanboy]

WHERE IS THE PROMISED LAND

Where do you want it to be?

Somewhere Down in.........Denmark then !!! :thumbsup:

I'm not Danish, nor do I live in Denmark. "Danish Forces" is a GR mod I'm working on. The exact locality of the Promised Land will be revelead shortly (clue: look in my sig pic, it links to the Promised Land (which currently isn't fully open to the public))

Edited by WytchDokta

Whistle this is exactly what I'm talking about you seem to have this stumbling block and cant get the past that this ISNT GR, if I gave you the new Elvis who could sing and dance like Elvis, sounded like him you'd still say it wasnt Elvis and you'd be right, it isnt so forget about Elvis and enjoy what you've got, the new improved but different Elvis.

:blink: I love GRAW I guess it doesnt help I havent slept much all week.

Edited by Whistle

:blink: I love GRAW I guess it doesnt help I havent slept much all week.

I get the impression that Crowman missed the point of your original post, Whistle.

this is what happens when you take a classic game, make changes so it doesnt feel like ur playing an old game with good graphics and boom this happens.

Look I know this is going to make a lot of people unhappy, but do you really want a game that plays just like GR1?!?!

I mean GR1 was a great game, but it wasnt perfect, and I honestly dont see why some of you people are so stuck on playing a game that among a million other annoying flaws (all pretty minor after the sever patching it was given) lets you run full tilt at a cliff until you are hanging halfway over the edge of it at which point you miraculously just 'stop'? A game with the worst excuse for ragdoll effects I've ever seen? (not quite litterally...)

Again, Dont get me wrong, I loved GR1, but I didnt love it because it was GR1, I loved it because (even before all its patches) it was a brilliant tactical shooter.

I see three types of complaints about GRAW:

1. It is 'consoley'. Of course none of these people ever seem to be able to explain themselves or provide any actual evidence.

2. There is such and such a bug. Yeah, thanks buddy, but (9 times out of 10) if you had used the search function, you would have seen that a million other people are already complaining about the same bug.

3. GRAW is too system intensive. Gosh I'm sorry to hear this, I would know I was playing on a 16mb graphics card that was obsolete when I bought it like five years ago. I really do feel your pain, having felt it myself for so long, but you have to realise that computer games dont magically run well on crappy computers. Games that look good sell, and and you cant make a game that looks good run on some computers.

But the closest any of those complaints come to a lack of 'tacticalness' is that illusive 'consoley feel' complaint, which seems to just be another way of saying 'This Game isnt GR1'. Thanks for the info dude, but I know that, thats why I payed $50 for it, as opposed to $15 for the gold pack out of the bargain bin.

//lurkmode off

I too am a GR1 fan,and have got about 3 yrs of MP GREATNESS out of it. I used to hang around the UBI lobbies (against the advice of the hardcore gamers) and I used to constantly find the RUN n' GUN masters out there, I could NEVER play anything but COOP because the teamplay was YOU DIE YOU DIE YOU DIE with 10 respawns....not fun. There were a number of guys that joined my server because we used to play LOW n SLOW all the time (2 of us took an hour and a half to do MBC, with one respawn each) 'cos thats how it is! All the guys who came to spray n pray all used up their spawns in 2 mins, and promptly left.

Now GRAW has all the makings of a great tactical shooter, and although I haven't tried the MP yet, I am expecting it to get the best enjoyment when played like you were there! They need some patching, sure, and I will wait for that, patiently, so that it is good.

This is one of fewpositive posts regarding GRIN's efforts, and I hope it stays good, they have done a great job.

I have a P4 2.8 CPU, 1GB RAM and a Nvidia 6600 and the MAX FPS i get is 25, normally around 15-17, and I am LOVING this game...

//lurking again